Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phonecall from the club

Comments

• Didn't renew this year (and I was paying nearly £500 in lower west) and not heard a peep from the club. But I'm 53 so not the generation they are bothered about. I'll go to a few more home games then I know when the weather gets worse I'll go to less games as I haven't got the pull of the season ticket.
  • 6297 still supporting the regime.

Biggest surprise is that this is the first year since he took over that there has been a drop in season tickets.
  • jamescafc said:

Their approach seems so unstructured although that should not surprise me.

I have called the ticket office to buy tickets for every away game this season except Walsall where I bought direct. At no point have I ever been asked to consider renewing my season ticket, despite having one for countless years and spending a fair amount on other bits & pieces - hospitality etc.

You'd have thought it's the first thing the computer would flag up when punching in my membership details.

Instead they ring people at random who have attended the odd game.

Marketing manager needs shooting :smile:

It flags up you are one of the Belgium 20 mate :wink:
  • Almost every club outside top tier desperate to nab any former or new season ticket holder possible.
    Former ST holder in upper W attended 2 games and done a deal for £250 for 21 homers.
    It has been worthwhile Just 1, maybe 2 in the past TEN seasons to have an ST.
    Club obviously banking on the eternal optimist in thee to bankroll another potentially aimless season.
    If you're glass is half-full you probably will bite the bullet. Renewables at 6,300 surely untenable should they
    fail to gain promotion.
  • Well as someone who has not renewed and trying very hard to stick to my principles, I'm just gutted its 6,297 and not 297.

Had it been the latter, he would have had to act properly in some way, replacing her at a minimum. This probably would have been all over by now, and what would people have lost in the grand scheme of things, a couple of home games?

Real shame. This will sadly drip drip on for a long time

• Well as someone who has not renewed and trying very hard to stick to my principles, I'm just gutted its 6,297 and not 297.

Had it been the latter, he would have had to act properly in some way, replacing her at a minimum. This probably would have been all over by now, and what would people have lost in the grand scheme of things, a couple of home games?

I agree but the truth is we will never know.

Personally I don't think it would have forced his hand to get rid of her. He wouldn't put it down to her and he's stubborn enough.

He would have had to have done something though, what that "something" could be is anyone's guess.
  • The reduced ST sales are an embarrassment to the club and a blot on any chief exec's CV.
    Even with relegation - the change of strategy/English players/ etc should have convinced most of the (already) committed to renew again.

It did not - and her only hope now is success on the pitch (which we all want). If we fail to go back up this season, the renew figure will fall by another 20% in my opinion, and KM is finished.

Squirrel face still being here after all that has gone suggests she will stay all the whilst Duchatelet is trying to run the club.
  • Do you think that the ticket office staff are directly feeding back to Katrien the reason for not renewing?

I know they should, but there are a couple of layers of staff between those doing the customer calling and Katrien. I can see her getting a watered down version of the truth, which gets watered down further to Roland.

You can't argue with the numbers however.
  • Daddy_Pig said:

6297 still supporting the regime.

You calling me...a collaborator?
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you think that the ticket office staff are directly feeding back to Katrien the reason for not renewing?

I know they should, but there are a couple of layers of staff between those doing the customer calling and Katrien. I can see her getting a watered down version of the truth, which gets watered down further to Roland.

She knows, but doesn't give a monkies.

I'm sure she is well aware of the reasoning behind the majority of people not renewing. She will of course be telling Roland that it's because of relegation though and nothing to do with the way she is (poorly) attempting the run the club.
  • IdleHans said:

But according to KM ticket income is only a third of the club's income so it doesn't really matter.

(I dispute her figures on the basis of the filed accounts, and no company I've ever worked in would be so dismissive of such a large proportion of its revenues. She's an idiot.)

She might be right, I don't know the true figures nor would I understand accounts. But what I do know is her third fraction will be a smaller third now that we are in the third tier.
  • Totally agree with this.

It just goes to show how people's desire to watch Charlton outweighs their desire to be rid of RD and KM.

I'm adamant that I won't go to games while he remains as owner, although I'm wavering with the £5 game if there is a big protest planned for inside the ground.

Well as someone who has not renewed and trying very hard to stick to my principles, I'm just gutted its 6,297 and not 297.

• As a comparison, do we have figures for Bolton's ST holders for this season and last?
  • As a comparison, do we have figures for Bolton's ST holders for this season and last?

No, but bet they never saw anything like the drop we did
  • Sage said:

Answers half of my query, thanks.

Horrendous though, shows the damage they're doing. Even if that's an average of £250pp, that's £995,250, so basically £1mil in season ticket sales. Obviously this is a total guess but that's huge for a League One club.
    And the sad truth is that Roland probably doesn't give a shit because in his eyes he recouped that by getting a probably unexpected offer of 1m for Pope.

Know exactly what you mean. A couple of my mates (who i won't name, but who you will definitely know AFKA), have even decided that they're now going to renew as they quite simply just miss going to the Valley. I'm sure there are probably a few others in the same boat.
  • vff said:

Daddy_Pig said:

6297 still supporting the regime.

Biggest surprise is that this is the first year since he took over that there has been a drop in season tickets.

Purchase of a season ticket does not equate with supporting the regime.
    Purchase of a season ticket does support the regime in monetary terms , IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Why not buy the £175 season ticket?
    Get to see the game, protest to your hearts content and still withhold money from the regime.
    Get to see the game, protest to your hearts content and still withhold money from the regime.

Spending money on a season ticket is "withholding money"? Must be me, I just don't get it.

Because total number of ST holders is a statistic Meire uses to measure her own performance
  • Redhenry said:

I have renewed. We're Charlton fans, not fans of Roland. I really enjoy going to games with my son and will not let Roly spoil that.

I didn't renew but respect your stance.

Would love to again be going with my son and other family but not yet.
  • Redhenry said:

I have renewed. We're Charlton fans, not fans of Roland. I really enjoy going to games with my son and will not let Roly spoil that.

So in other words, he can do absolutely anything he wants but you will continue to renew?

Blind support of any cause is dangerous
  • Redhenry said:

So, Roly is not spoiling the games for you? Relegation, a thin squad, playing the likes of Burton Albion rather than Newcastle this season etc, etc and STILL Roly is not spoiling the game for you?

The alternative is to attend away games only, and go on home match days to a cinema or restaurant.
  • Burton Albion I wish