Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phonecall from the club

Just received a call from the club saying I have attended a game this season and the money spent for the ticket would be taken off the cost of a season ticket.

They asked why I hadn't renewed and whether I was interested in renewing. Which I answered by I won't be renewing until Roland and Katrien have left.

In my opinion, shows how desperate they must be in terms of season ticket sales. I mean, the attendances are bad enough.

Just wondering if anyone else who hasn't renewed has got a call about the same thing and if they gave them a reason as to why?

Comments

• Purely out of interest, what do they say to you when you say this? Seems a fair few have, not ever seen a response.
  • Purely out of interest, what do they say to you when you say this? Seems a fair few have, not ever seen a response.

She went fairly quiet but said fair enough, I will note that down. The conversation ended and that was that really.
  • I got a stupid poxy email today from the club telling me if I buy a Vauxhall from kings I will get £500 free fuel, don't want one now piss off pestering me!!
  • I'm obviously either on a blacklist or, more likely, they've just mislaid my details as I've not had a single call since I failed to renew.
  • I'm obviously either on a blacklist or, more likely, they've just mislaid my details as I've not had a single call since I failed to renew.

Known troublemaker :wink: .
  • Don't get me wrong, the offer is good from them, but I still think with 5 games into the season, they seem a little desperate for our money.

Not only am I not renewing until they leave, but I personally can't afford it as well this season. I'm a student in my second year now with things to pay for, so if I am to attend any home games every so often in future, I'd pick and choose on convenience for my situation.

She just seemed as if she'd had the same reply from so many people and was tired of hearing it.

Personally, I would love to know the actual figures of how many season tickets we had last year and now this year and in comparison, the amount we had last time in League One in comparison to now.
  • RedChaser said:

I'm obviously either on a blacklist or, more likely, they've just mislaid my details as I've not had a single call since I failed to renew.

Known troublemaker :wink: .
    Naughty step for me. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    Answers half of my query, thanks.

Horrendous though, shows the damage they're doing. Even if that's an average of £250pp, that's £995,250, so basically £1mil in season ticket sales. Obviously this is a total guess but that's huge for a League One club.
  • Copied from another thread.

CAFC Facts & Stats ‏@CafcFacts 21m21 minutes ago
    Season tickets sold at #cafc 10/11 - 16/17

10/11: 9,572
    11/12: 9,663
    12/13: 11,611
    13/14: 10,025
    14/15: 10,266
    15/16: 10,278
    16/17: 6,297

Excellent twitter account BTW, well worth a follow
  • Sage said:

Dansk_Red said:

Copied from another thread.

10/11: 9,572 13th L1
    11/12: 9,663 1st L1
    12/13: 11,611 9th Champ
    13/14: 10,025 18th Champ
    14/15: 10,266 12th Champ
    15/16: 10,278 22nd Champ

Just added the league finishes in that to have a look in more detail.

Bloody hell that's unreal. So the season we finished 13th in League One, we had over 3,000 more season ticket holders.

And they still can't see the damage they have done...
    I'd say it's pretty much as expected. Consequences of policies are tangible in financial terms.

It's also why there is a change in recruitment policy I imagine.

Not enough of a change for most clearly.

• Sage said:

Dansk_Red said:

Bloody hell that's unreal. So the season we finished 13th in League One, we had over 3,000 more season ticket holders.

Thanks for doing that, I was trying to place our finishes against the figures in my head - not with much success!

I remember Miere saying that "reduced ticket sales are be expected after a relegation", and wanted to see actually what kind of reduction we should've been expecting in League One. I can't say I was expecting quite a difference to be entirely honest.
  • But according to KM ticket income is only a third of the club's income so it doesn't really matter.

(I dispute her figures on the basis of the filed accounts, and no company I've ever worked in would be so dismissive of such a large proportion of its revenues. She's an idiot.)
  • I wonder if anyone has researched how much the Regime has lost in sponsorship, corporate boxes the famous Vista lounge etc.
  • IdleHans said:

But according to KM ticket income is only a third of the club's income so it doesn't really matter.

(I dispute her figures on the basis of the filed accounts, and no company I've ever worked in would be so dismissive of such a large proportion of its revenues. She's an idiot.)

Would be interesting to know how much of the ticket revenue is season tickets. In which case, that cut is obviously a third down as it is (without taking in to account cheap NL tickets), and we'd be able to work out (roughly) a percentage.

Average attendances for the first few matches at The Valley compared to previous L1 seasons may be pointless due to the level of comps etc.
  • Too little, too late from the club.

Still think if just the witch went it would make a huge difference and at least would show that the rat has listened (depending of course who he replaced her with).
  • Numbers are all the more damning when you think that season tickets now are cheaper in relative terms than they were five years ago (one of the few good things that has happened since RD)
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Dansk_Red said:

I'd say it's pretty much as expected. Consequences of policies are tangible in financial terms.

It's also why there is a change in recruitment policy I imagine.

Not enough of a change for most clearly.

I was told by the now departed commercial manager the regime expected a 1500 drop in ST sales based on the last relegation.

I told her I thought it would be more due to the regime and KMs disregard for fans.

I said I thought it would be 7k but even that proved to be optimistic.

Of course Fizz left for an good reason. She knew trying to sell ST and sponsorship was going to be a killer and KM would never learn.
  • IdleHans said:

But according to KM ticket income is only a third of the club's income so it doesn't really matter.

Agreed. Where does the other two thirds come from? It's not the TV for anyone outside the Premier League, sponsorship must be down along with attendances, unless they are counting income from selling players...

Same for me, not a peep from the club. If there IS a blacklist i'm proud to be on it.
  • seth plum said:

I relish the thought that the club could ring me with an offer. I love a bit of good old bargaining.
    They start at £250, I come back with a £40 offer, plus free entry to any cup games and a portion of 30 chips every other game, and off we go.
    Bring it on.

Simular to NLA, although he wants one swing at big Tone as well. ;)
  • Sage said:

Just received a call from the club saying I have attended a game this season and the money spent for the ticket would be taken off the cost of a season ticket.

They asked why I hadn't renewed and whether I was interested in renewing. Which I answered by I won't be renewing until Roland and Katrien have left.

In my opinion, shows how desperate they must be in terms of season ticket sales. I mean, the attendances are bad enough.

Just wondering if anyone else who hasn't renewed has got a call about the same thing and if they gave them a reason as to why?

Roland is getting desperate. We're winning. We will win. And that'll be the end of you all at Charlton, Katrien, Tony, and even you Mrs Parkes.
  • Sage said:

Roland is getting desperate. We're winning. We will win. And that'll be the end of you all at Charlton, Katrien, Tony, and even you Mrs Parkes.
    I really hope you're right but I'm not so sure. I'm surprised how many fans have renewed having seen the anger at the Burnley match.
  • The reduced ST sales are an embarrassment to the club and a blot on any chief exec's CV.
    Even with relegation - the change of strategy/English players/ etc should have convinced most of the (already) committed to renew again.

It did not - and her only hope now is success on the pitch (which we all want). If we fail to go back up this season, the renew figure will fall by another 20% in my opinion, and KM is finished.