Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In Stadium Protests

13»

Comments

• The only thing that will make him sell is a generous bid.

The protests at the ground will have little effect on him, I'm not convinced he's even that concerned about the drop in season ticket sales.

• The only thing that will make him sell is a generous bid.

The protests at the ground will have little effect on him, I'm not convinced he's even that concerned about the drop in season ticket sales.

Easy to think negatively that any protests won't work but they are the only thing that will push him towards a sale, or in fact make a less generous bid look more generous because of the circumstances.

We are getting to Katrien, which in turn will get to him. He will have known that if the protests carried on on the pitch he'd be looking at rather large fines and repercussions from those. Only thing we can do is carry on, not sit back and hope an offer does the work for us.

You tell me how he runs this Club at a profit or at a break even line with NO income from ticket sales or merch sales etc, everything is a loss, and players would hardly be worth a jot as we would not be an attractive Club with these players. It all reflects upon one another, hence why teams in comfortable positions get so much more for their assets.
  • Despite Roland's personal wealth it seems to be well documented, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, that the aim of this project of his is to prove he can run a club and break even in doing so.

Now the only way we can affect that is by not providing money to the regime - be it through tickets, food, mechendise etc.

Now straight up if no one had renewed a ST I'm pretty confident they might already be gone. I have not renewed and will only go on freebies (bro is on holiday so I'm having his ticket tomorrow night). I will pay for Millwall cos I can't risk missing us beat them ( haha I know) and I'll do aways too (booked for Walsall this Sat).

I feel that is the only way to get them out, but I do feel, like others have alluded too, a bit down about the numbers still going and the apparent lack of protest on Sat.

I only hope that CARD do announce some in-game protests in future and all us boycotters will return for those games.

Put simply, if this was Millwall the owners would be gone, but we're not so I just hope the long game wins out in the end, but we will lose support in the meantime.

Said it a long time ago, can you imagine Millwall fans putting up with this? Not a chance.
  • Despite Roland's personal wealth it seems to be well documented, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, that the aim of this project of his is to prove he can run a club and break even in doing so.

Now the only way we can affect that is by not providing money to the regime - be it through tickets, food, mechendise etc.

Now straight up if no one had renewed a ST I'm pretty confident they might already be gone. I have not renewed and will only go on freebies (bro is on holiday so I'm having his ticket tomorrow night). I will pay for Millwall cos I can't risk missing us beat them ( haha I know) and I'll do aways too (booked for Walsall this Sat).

I feel that is the only way to get them out, but I do feel, like others have alluded too, a bit down about the numbers still going and the apparent lack of protest on Sat.

I only hope that CARD do announce some in-game protests in future and all us boycotters will return for those games.

Put simply, if this was Millwall the owners would be gone, but we're not so I just hope the long game wins out in the end, but we will lose support in the meantime.

Said it a long time ago, can you imagine Millwall fans putting up with this? Not a chance.
    You don't have to act like a thug to get them out. you would be amazed at what lengths some Charlton fans will go to, to get them to leave.

but we don't want to stoop that low - and that's the correct thing to do.

• Clearly the CARD organisers have a great deal to ponder & discuss before the "truce" ends and the first home game in September arrives - Wimbledon on Saturday 17th.

Relegation has strengthened the resolve of the majority of their followers to make life as difficult as possible for "them" both inside & outside the ground but the boycotts, whilst totally understandable will inevitably reduce their number & volume.

As a mere foot soldier I eagerly await news of the next operation and will do whatever I can to make the protests effective.

But whilst I do not envy the task ahead for our generals in this campaign, I KNOW that they will not let us down ; that their ingenuity & sheer determination will produce new ways for us to fight our corner & influence in no uncertain terms, the very future of the club we love.

Be patient.

This is a battle we HAVE to win but we need your support & co-operation.

Keep the faith !

Agree with everything above, well said Fanny Fanackapan