Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In Stadium Protests

Comments

• I've felt all along that the most important thing in getting RD to sell is a decent bid, and that requires us being in the Championship. Why have Wolves been bought by wealthy Chinese owners and not us? Because they're in the Championship and not L1. RD may say he doesn't want to sell, but then he would say that.

Effectively this season, the hardcore of protesters (2000?) have stopped going (plus another 3000 of fed off supporters), thus we have smaller crowds (though not embarrassingly small for the 3rd division) and none of the anti RD/KM protests in the ground. KM may prefer this
  • edited August 2016
    Surely the embarrassing crowd will be at that dopey arsed reserve league cup competition thingy

Edit: embarrassingly small crowd
  • I've felt all along that the most important thing in getting RD to sell is a decent bid, and that requires us being in the Championship. Why have Wolves been bought by wealthy Chinese owners and not us? Because they're in the Championship and not L1. RD may say he doesn't want to sell, but then he would say that.

Effectively this season, the hardcore of protesters (2000?) have stopped going (plus another 3000 of fed off supporters), thus we have smaller crowds (though not embarrassingly small for the 3rd division) and none of the anti RD/KM protests in the ground. KM may prefer this

I agree with this and she will see her task of social engineering as a job well done.
  • Time for a boycott I reckon. Long overdue.

A boycott would work if everybody did it. Which they won't.

We haven't renewed and were not going to go but then I thought why should she spoil our lives.
    So, we are going to pick and choose games, blag freebies if we can, not buy anything unless we have to pay for tickets.

To sum up. We are going to do anything we can to get them out.
    Except boycott.
  • iainment said:

Time for a boycott I reckon. Long overdue.

A boycott would work if everybody did it. Which they won't.

We haven't renewed and were not going to go but then I thought why should she spoil our lives.
    So, we are going to pick and choose games, blag freebies if we can, not buy anything unless we have to pay for tickets.

To sum up. We are going to do anything we can to get them out.
    Except boycott.
    Yes.
  • The stay aways are more effective than anyone has given credit for so far in my opinion. It's a different strategy and not so obvious when you are looking for a high profile, or angry protest but shouldn't be discredited.

This picture from @AFKABartram during Saturday's game is pretty shocking IMO and confirms the impact:
  • The stay aways are more effective than anyone has given credit for so far in my opinion. It's a different strategy and not so obvious when you are looking for a high profile, or angry protest but shouldn't be discredited.

This picture from @AFKABartram during Saturday's game is pretty shocking IMO and confirms the impact:

They're still claiming 11,000 in there though!!!
  • MrB said:

The stay aways are more effective than anyone has given credit for so far in my opinion. It's a different strategy and not so obvious when you are looking for a high profile, or angry protest but shouldn't be discredited.

9,600 in the ground according to ketman on another thread, and ketman is acknowledged to be 'in the know'. And that photo says a lot too. And 4000 freebies does not a Charlton crowd make.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrB said:

The stay aways are more effective than anyone has given credit for so far in my opinion. It's a different strategy and not so obvious when you are looking for a high profile, or angry protest but shouldn't be discredited.

9,600 in the ground according to ketman on another thread, and ketman is acknowledged to be 'in the know'. And that photo says a lot too. And 4000 freebies does not a Charlton crowd make.
    So taking off ntfc and freebies only 4600 ish left to convince not to go?
  • Feel a bit miffed to be honest, have boycotted this season, haven't renewed my ST, didn't even think about going etc then log in here to find all the main players in the CARD movement & those who protested the most were all at the game, can't imagine they'll pick up freebies all season so then what - have to say I'm a little disappointed & can imagine why the club are pleased about Saturday's attendance.

Suspect my view will change on Tuesday if those people aren't at The Valley but at the moment it seems like some are saying don't go, boycott then turn up as usual.

There, I've said it!
  • Feel a bit miffed to be honest, have boycotted this season, haven't renewed my ST, didn't even think about going etc then log in here to find all the main players in the CARD movement & those who protested the most were all at the game, can't imagine they'll pick up freebies all season so then what - have to say I'm a little disappointed & can imagine why the club are pleased about Saturday's attendance.

Suspect my view will change on Tuesday if those people aren't at The Valley but at the moment it seems like some are saying don't go, boycott then turn up as usual.

There, I've said it!

Why would the club be pleased with Saturday's 'attendance'? In reality probably under 5000 paying home spectators in the ground. They announced the highest number available to them because they could, but don't think you or anyone should be deceived by it nor think the boycott factor is failing or pointless (one game in!)

so sad to see

There, I've said it!

Why would the club be pleased with Saturday's 'attendance'? In reality probably under 5000 paying home spectators in the ground. They announced the highest number available to them because they could, but don't think you or anyone should be deceived by it nor think the boycott factor is failing or pointless (one game in!)
    No idea but (un)official club spokeswoman Sue Parkes said on facebook that the club were quite happy with the attendance as it was the 2nd highest in the league.

Seemingly it's a great achievement that we can muster bigger crowds than giants of the English game such as Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Port vale and Peterborough.

Great work the regime!!
  • Went on Saturday and felt a tremendous sadness seeing the ground so empty - crowds will certainly head below 5000 at this rate.

• Went on Saturday and felt a tremendous sadness seeing the ground so empty - crowds will certainly head below 5000 at this rate.

Lets hope so, hit the owners where it hurts.
  • edited August 2016
    last time in Div One we were getting 16,000, so even their inflated 11,00 figure is 5,000 down. Well done Meire!!
  • edited August 2016

Feel a bit miffed to be honest, have boycotted this season, haven't renewed my ST, didn't even think about going etc then log in here to find all the main players in the CARD movement & those who protested the most were all at the game, can't imagine they'll pick up freebies all season so then what - have to say I'm a little disappointed & can imagine why the club are pleased about Saturday's attendance.

There, I've said it!

No idea but (un)official club spokeswoman Sue Parkes said on facebook that the club were quite happy with the attendance as it was the 2nd highest in the league.

Seemingly it's a great achievement that we can muster bigger crowds than giants of the English game such as Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Port vale and Peterborough.

Great work the regime!!
    If KM and RD are happy with 11k gates when they've given out around 50% of that number for free, then it's more proof that they are utterly useless.

Besides, whatever Sue Parkes says, you can pretty much claim the truth is the opposite. I doubt they are happy about it really.
  • Around the 4:38 mark in the attached video - that's a sparsely populated East Stand!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoPBbLvDR4
  • Sponsored links:

• Put simply, if this was Millwall the owners would be gone, but we're not so I just hope the long game wins out in the end, but we will lose support in the meantime.
    100% agree with this.
  • Put simply, if this was Millwall the owners would be gone, but we're not so I just hope the long game wins out in the end, but we will lose support in the meantime.
    100% agree with this.

And so do I.
  • An idea I had; maybe we could blockade the players coming into the Valley, similar to how those Black Lives Matter protestors stopped the traffic on the way to Heathrow. It might not disrupt the kickoff time but the more stunts like that we pull which are embarrassing to the regime the more press is gained and the less likely it is for new players to want to come to us while this regime is in charge.
  • cafcinse6 said:

An idea I had; maybe we could blockade the players coming into the Valley, similar to how those Black Lives Matter protestors stopped the traffic on the way to Heathrow. It might not disrupt the kickoff time but the more stunts like that we pull which are embarrassing to the regime the more press is gained and the less likely it is for new players to want to come to us while this regime is in charge.

And the more chance you'll have of getting nicked
  • The longer this fella owns us the worse things will get, I don't know how but we have to get rid of him.
  • I often wonder if there's anything we can do to get them out, protesting wise. SL pushed things further than Charlton fans ever will, people are complaining about a simple picket line ffs, we are limited by the wet weekends within the fan base that don't want to rock any sort of boat.

That really only leaves a boycott as the only way to hurt him, it doesn't matter what his other companies earn, the more CAFC costs him, the less likely he is to continue with this mad experiment. Is he really going to care what some football fans are doing in/outside a ground that he never even attends?

Completely agree.
  • As I've said before we do not have a single knock out punch that will make him suddenly think "That's it. I'm selling".

We have to wear him and her down, bit by bit.

Every protests, every PR disaster, every FA investigation and fine for pitch invasions and game stoppages, every lost ST or shirt sale, every absent sponsorship deal, every press article like the one in the Sun today knocks their confidence and their delusion that their mad scheme is working.

It won't happen over night, it might not happen this season or the next.

We just have to keep chipping away.

Well said. The only thing that will make him suddenly think "I'm outta here" is a legitimate death threat but a) I don't condone that sort of action and b) neither will 98% of the rest of our fanbase. What about kidnapping KM with the ransom being the sale of the club?!
  • Protests take many forms,for some people it be just wearing a black and white scarf at the game.For others,like myself,is giving up my season ticket.The media consider this an important story so matchday is still the main focus for protests.What they can be is in the hands of the Card group.Having carried a coffin to the ground last spring and met the people involved I believe we are in.good hands.