Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Northampton | Sat 13 Aug @ 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 3-0 to the rip roaring goal scoring reds, which will send us on an unbeaten run to L1 Championship glory with the biggest points haul ever known....
    ...or we'll lose.
  • 5000 STs----- 1000 Northampton---- 2000 free tickets --- 500 pay on day etc

8500 max

1 nil them

Which KM will declare as 14,000 !
  • 0-1

I can't see where the goals are coming from and we are continuing to concede goals from set pieces.
  • For all of the early drama, the next two weeks should tell us a lot about our season. Players are trickling in but we still have holes. I'm hoping Bokata turns out to be a star for us. Definitely offers something we don't have.

I fear tomorrow may come too early to get everyone integrated. And I still don't quite know how we're going to build attacks with two center backs (Pearce and Johnson) who aren't good on the ball and Crofts and JJ in central midfield being limited. I fear Northampton will have watched the Bury game and know they only need to press the defense and central midfield and we'll give the ball away.

1-1 for me, but who knows.
  • Who's this Shaquille O'Neal and what part of Ireland is he from ?

3-0 Charlton

Born in New Jersey, which is near enough to allow him to qualify for Ireland at any sport, using the Jack Charlton rules. Would have made a good stopper centre half.

Charlton 1 Northampton 1.
  • treat for everyone 4-2 to the addicks
  • Never good to play the promoted sides early on. They will be confident whereas what is left of the Valley faithful will soon turn toxic as we ship an early goal. 1-0 to Northampton and Slade will look a worried man.
  • edited August 2016
    Don't forget that Ricky Holmes was THE star player at the Cobblers last season (BTW it is genuinely strange to hear a crowd chanting "cobblers! cobblers!" as if they were too polite to swear properly) so one would expect him to score or to score an own goal and get injured. If he does score I think he will have the class to avoid celebration.

• 5000 STs----- 1000 Northampton---- 2000 free tickets --- 500 pay on day etc

8500 max

1 nil them

Which KM will declare as 14,000 !
    Suspect it'll be quite a bit higher than 8,500 because of the mass of freebies and a lot more than 500 walk ups...
  • We're atrocious at defending corners, both their goals against Barnsley were from corners. Where's the goals coming from in our team? Cant see past a scrappy game, 1-0 to them. Also just noticed Emmanuel Sonupe has signed for them as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• We're atrocious at defending corners, both their goals against Barnsley were from corners. Where's the goals coming from in our team? Cant see past a scrappy game, 1-0 to them. Also just noticed Emmanuel Sonupe has signed for them as well.

Great, we're conceding goals from set pieces against teams we haven't even played yet! ;)
  • Don't forget that Ricky Holmes was THE star player at the Cobblers last season (BTW it is genuinely strange to hear a crowd chanting "cobblers! cobblers!" as if they were too polite to swear properly) so one would expect him to score or to score an own goal and get injured. If he does score I think he will have the class to avoid celebration.

Rojo will soon teach em how to swear properly, by the time the game finishes they will be singing bollocks bollocks
  • If Johnson starts and has a shocker I beg we start chanting:
    Roger Johnson, I'm better than you;
    I'm better than you, I'm better than youuuuu;
    Roger Johnson, I'm better than you!

He really pisses me off, thinks he's better than everyone else by the sounds of it and without him we'd be better.

I'd rather we stuck with. You're not fit to wear the shirt...
  • Going to this one, mainly to protest but also because there aren't that many games before I go back to uni...

I think Ajose will open his account.
  • Charlton 0-4 Cobblers. All goals from corners, and 3 in the last 15 minutes.

Sadly the game is stopped several times so that Boris' (now Roland's) water canons can be used to give the fans a drenching after they begin to sing "ABC, you ain't silencing me, you ain't controlling me, ABC, we are free".

Following the game a club statement is issued advising the fans of regime approved songs which include "We love you Roland, we do", "Katrien give us a fact" and the Icelandic clap to "Toe-nee".

The media have a field day with it, twitter overloaded and is down for 36 minutes causing mass hysteria and panic over what people should do with their latest selfies.
  • Greenie said:

3-0 to the rip roaring goal scoring reds, which will send us on an unbeaten run to L1 Championship glory with the biggest points haul ever known....
    ...or we'll lose.

If that happened, im sure we would still find a negative :smiley:
  • 0-1...

KM and RD plan continues at pace ...
  • edited August 2016
    Just seen that Sanoupe who we had on trial has signed for Northampton,wondered where he disappeared to.

Apologies,just seen CroydonAddick1s post
  • Sponsored links:

• Such a hard one to call. I think both teams will score but I suspect Northampton to nick it by a goal. 1-2
  • 5-0 home win, RJ first goal scorer before being sent off for biting off a ball boys eyebrow whilst celebrating
  • I feel that a positive note is required today, so I am positive that battling Charlton will get the Silver Medal. The Valley of doom and gloom awaits, it is becoming an update of the naughty stool !
  • I predict an uninspiring draw this afternoon
  • I don't care who plays, how we play (today) how many are at the valley..........AS LONG AS WE GET THREE POINTS!!!
    COYR........
  • Slades master plan is gonna come good.....6-0......its 450/1 on bet365....I'm having some of that
  • Always difficult playing newly-promoted teams, especially one that hasn't lost since before Christmas.

I can see this one ending in a draw.
  • 5-0 home win, RJ first goal scorer before being sent off for having a blast off a ball boys eyebrow whilst celebrating

• 5-0 home win, RJ first goal scorer before being sent off for biting off a ball boys eyebrow whilst celebrating

I can't stop laughing at this.
  • Protesting outside the shop @airmanbrown taking a photo Of me taking his photo.