Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Northampton | Sat 13 Aug @ 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Now that is a proper preview
  • Yes! A preview that contains full stops!
  • 3-1 Charlton. Our Season starts now !!!
  • Who's this Shaquille O'Neal and what part of Ireland is he from ?

3-0 Charlton
  • I have hidden everything in my gaff that I can possibly kill myself with, oh! apart from my razor sharp wit...

0-1
  • 1-2 We get our first goal. Slade is ecstatic and declares he told us we'd come good.
  • They will be together and focussed. We will be nervy and lacking togetherness. 1 - 1
  • 3-0 to the Cobblers. Crowd below 7000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bore draw written all over it 0-0
  • I genuinely think we'll score tomorrow. How exciting is that!
  • Personally I am really hoping for:
    Rudd
    Solly Pearce Bauer Fox
    Botaka Crofts Jackson Holmes
    Ajose Novak

Phillips, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Foley, Lookman, Magennis, +1 other

Realistically, that won't happen but the squad suddenly looks like it's coming together a little. Add a couple of midfielders in and Lennon to come back soon, it's much better than the before.

Anyway, 2-0 with Holmes and Ajose scoring.
  • not attending next game will be walsall, think we will scrape a 1-0 win to relieve some pressure then get smashed by shrewsbury and again in front of the travelling masses at walsall.
  • If Johnson starts and has a shocker I beg we start chanting:
    Roger Johnson, I'm better than you;
    I'm better than you, I'm better than youuuuu;
    Roger Johnson, I'm better than you!

He really pisses me off, thinks he's better than everyone else by the sounds of it and without him we'd be better.
  • If Johnson starts and has a shocker I beg we start chanting:
    Roger Johnson, I'm better than you;
    I'm better than you, I'm better than youuuuu;
    Roger Johnson, I'm better than you!

He really pisses me off, thinks he's better than everyone else by the sounds of it and without him we'd be better.

Any chants like that and you'll be having your season-ticket removed for failure to comply with Meire's new behavioural standards
  • edited August 2016
    Indeed I hope she tries to, she'll have another thing coming her way.
  • "Charlton nil" is becoming a reality. I will look for the result as normal but without the emotion I used to have. For me, it does not feel like I am following my football club anymore and it is unforgiveable what the Belgiums' have done to it. Three points under their rule is meaningless as I am convinced we will be facing another relegation again at the end of the season. On that positive note, I will shut up.
  • Things are obviously changing in the new era and it is truly exciting.

• Sponsored links:

• 5000 STs----- 1000 Northampton---- 2000 free tickets --- 500 pay on day etc

8500 max

1 nil them
  • Having procrastinated all summer over whether to renew our season tickets, in the end we decided not.
    This is one of the select games my son and I have decided to attend, simply because it's the first home game.
    Walking down Floyd Road with misguided optimism and anticipation is usually the name of the game; but this time I suspect I will probably just reflect nostalgically on some or all the previous occasions I have trodden this path in the last 54 years.
    Difficult to get excited about the here and now!
    I have no idea how this game will pan out having watched no friendlies and not travelling to Bury.
    My gut is telling me a 2-0 win, and some premature optimism from those fans that live in a bubble.
  • So I seem to be in a minority of one that a clings on to the hope for the season? Am I deluded? Probably - I thought England would win the Euros. I thought we'd vote "remain". I thought Boris Johnson would be the next leader. Now I think Charlton can win a league in which the quality is worse than I imagined.
    On a positive note - if anyone wants to watch proper football on a Sunday my 15 year old daughter has just signed for Cambridge United Women! If I can get her to CAFC Women at least all hope is not lost!?
  • Are we allowed to predict Charlton will lose or is this in breach of the CAFC ABC Act 2016?
  • Nothing on the official Twitter today would suggest we have a game tomorrow (hmm wonder what happened this morning!?)
    ... Still yet to even tell fans what the new and exciting cutbacks they have made to the Valley Review for this season!
  • Macronate said:

Are we allowed to predict Charlton will lose or is this in breach of the CAFC ABC Act 2016?

I'll report you if you do
  • 2-0 comfortable home win, most looking forward to seeing what new ridiculous idea replaces the"customers" sofa !!!!!!!!
  • There was a word in your preview I didn't recognise. "Confidence ".
  • Macronate said:

Are we allowed to predict Charlton will lose or is this in breach of the CAFC ABC Act 2016?

I'll report you if you do
    Snitch :wink: