Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options

81’ Another Charlton chance, this time for Henry, but his side-footed effort goes wide of the near post.

0-1

| #Millwall
  • Options

89’

A late Charlton change sees Glandour replaced by Armando Quitirnia Junior.

0-1

| #Millwall
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates Benry. 
  • Options
    Some over-analysis but does Koiki playing 63 minutes mean we'd seen enough from him to know, or is he just out of fitness
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    Some over-analysis but does Koiki playing 63 minutes mean we'd seen enough from him to know, or is he just out of fitness
    We've already had him a week on trial, looked at him in training and looked to sign him a month ago, thwarted by the embargo.
    Evidently, he's impressed and Bowyer likes him. Hence the run out for the U23s today.

I'd say playing him for an hour today was a match fitness thing, "needed to get some minutes into the lad", you can Bowyer telling us.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Maynard-Brewer,
    Barton,
    Barker,
    Henry,
    Ness,
    Mingi,
    Morgan,
    Dempsey,
    Davison,
    Gandour,
    Koiki (T) 
    Harness,
    Clayden,
    Powell,
    Quitirna,
    Carvalho 
    Aucharia
    Sarpong Weirdu

to me seems a strong U23 side.  Whom might we see make a real impact in our first team next year or two?

@dickplumb
    @bolloxbolder
    @Swisdom
    @snakedavis

Or anyone else that knows our yoof?  Would be great to get thoughts on the above lot.  Obvs Morgan, Barker and Davidsson quite well known, I hear good things on AMB, Henry, Ness and Mingi.  Aucharia good stats before his injury.  Are Wiredu/Dempsey likely to make it?  Had heard good things on Powell but seems to be a squad filler rather than starter...
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer,
    Barton,
    Barker,
    Henry,
    Ness,
    Mingi,
    Morgan,
    Dempsey,
    Davison,
    Gandour,
    Koiki (T) 
    Harness,
    Clayden,
    Powell,
    Quitirna,
    Carvalho 
    Aucharia
    Sarpong Weirdu

to me seems a strong U23 side.  Whom might we see make a real impact in our first team next year or two?

@dickplumb
    @bolloxbolder
    @Swisdom
    @snakedavis

Or anyone else that knows our yoof?  Would be great to get thoughts on the above lot.  Obvs Morgan, Barker and Davidsson quite well known, I hear good things on AMB, Henry, Ness and Mingi.  Aucharia good stats before his injury.  Are Wiredu/Dempsey likely to make it?  Had heard good things on Powell but seems to be a squad filler rather than starter...
     How is Freddie Barton getting on?
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer,
    Barton,
    Barker,
    Henry,
    Ness,
    Mingi,
    Morgan,
    Dempsey,
    Davison,
    Gandour,
    Koiki (T) 
    Harness,
    Clayden,
    Powell,
    Quitirna,
    Carvalho 
    Aucharia
    Sarpong Weirdu

@dickplumb
    @bolloxbolder
    @Swisdom
    @snakedavis

Tbh you have mentioned all the hopefuls. Difficult to say who will make it. Cant see anyone new likely to break through and play a number of games for the first team. Personally been very impressed with Mingi. Barker has snuck in front of him, but he has improved immeasurably and is very composed and confident on the ball.

Think the academy are very excited about the current under 18s, which is obviously great to hear. 
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer,
    Barton,
    Barker,
    Henry,
    Ness,
    Mingi,
    Morgan,
    Dempsey,
    Davison,
    Gandour,
    Koiki (T) 
    Harness,
    Clayden,
    Powell,
    Quitirna,
    Carvalho 
    Aucharia
    Sarpong Weirdu

@dickplumb
    @bolloxbolder
    @Swisdom
    @snakedavis

Tbh you have mentioned all the hopefuls. Difficult to say who will make it. Cant see anyone new likely to break through and play a number of games for the first team. Personally been very impressed with Mingi. Barker has snuck in front of him, but he has improved immeasurably and is very composed and confident on the ball.

Think the academy are very excited about the current under 18s, which is obviously great to hear. 
    That last bit is awesome to hear... The last couple of years its felt like we were getting to the point of exhausting our luck a bit in terms of constantly having kids coming through the Academy. 

It feels at some point as though we have to go back to the Premier League youth team where no one breaks through although might be a bit harsh on Barry Fuller, Stacey Long etc seeing both had good League One level careers

Great though if there are new players continuing to come through, means the academy hasnt really missed a beat with finding talent in the area, despite our ownership issues this last decade
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Way heh!!!!

I'll take anything off of that lot.

Desperate but true.
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/we-shouldnt-hand-out-deals-willy-nilly-charlton-manager-lee-bowyer-gives-his-verdict-on-barker-and-henry-contracts/

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere I hadnt seen it, interesting that Bowyer talks about possibly sending Barker on loan and says we have a good relationship with some local clubs, my guess is a possible loan move to Bromley for Charlie is brewing.

He stays local to the area and gets first team football, personally think League 2 would be better but he is still only 17 so maybe a season on loan to Bromley and see how he gets on
  • Options
    Yeah surprised its Charlie that gets mentioned as having the loan deal rather than Aaron

Unless Bowyer thinks that Charlie has accustomed to First Team Football better so is more ready for it
  • Options
    I think Bowyer likes using NL clubs as you can recall them anytime you want, if you need them back or the loan isn't going well.

Barker has certainly shown that he's physically capable of coping with "men's" football, which isn't always the case for 17 year olds
  • Options
    I would be surprised if hes loaned out before Jan. Barker could be used for a few games until we are covered defensively.
  • Options
    In the London Senior Cup we have been drawn away to AFC Croydon.  These are not to be confused with Croydon Athletic who will play at the old National Athletics stadium this season.

Should we get through we will then play either Wingate and Finchley or Erith, away from home.

• Options
    Are we playing in this instead of the Kent Senior Cup?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Are we playing in this instead of the Kent Senior Cup?

It would appear so.  Although it seems the Kent Senior Cup has been replaced by this one given the bulk of teams in this competition are made of Kent League sides and a sprinkling of others from various other leagues.

• Options

Seems we had a friendly game with Palace today.

No idea on the score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No idea on the score
    Is there such a thing as a "friendly" with Palace ? 🙄
  • Options

No idea on the score
    Is there such a thing as a "friendly" with Palace ? 🙄
    Yes. When we are trying to sign one of their players 😉
  • Options
    Looks like we scored at least one yesterday 

• Options
    Johl Powell certainly seems to be coming along nicely, potential of a loan out?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Looks like we scored at least one yesterday 

A thing of beauty that goal.
  • Options
    That was a really interesting read, thanks for posting.
    Jason was always a bit of a hero for me as a player.
    He comes across really well in that interview and he seems to have something about him as a young coach..
    Will follow his career with interest and hope he goes right to the top.
    Wouldn't bet against it.
  • Options
    Currently 2-0 down @ Wigan (Half-Time)

Harness, Barton, Barker, Ness, Mingi, Henry, Powell, Vennings (C), Aidoo, Davison, Ghandour

Subs: Taylor, Osaghae, Wiredu, Quitirna, Aouachria #cafc