Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    U23S | 's young Addicks are back in action at Princes Park this afternoon as they take on (2pm). Here's how they line up... #cafcimage
  • Options
    Miles, not Myles, Leaburn BTW
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    For those who can't see the tweet. 

The U23s team to play Barnsley this afternoon.

1. Joe OSAGHAE
    2. Freddy BARTON
    3. Samuel OGUNTAYO (youngster from Kingstonian FC, I think)
    4. Jimmy APPIAH
    5. Lucas NESS
    6. Harry TAYLOR
    7. Tyreece CAMPBELL
    8. Junior QUITIRNA
    9. Richard AFRANE-KESEY
    10. Jason ADIGUN
    11. Charles CLAYDEN

SUBS: Nathan HARNESS (GK), Deji ELEWERE, Mason BURSTOW, Harry BEADLE, Miles LEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAABURN
  • Options
    Almost an u18 side.

Guess what the U23s are doing tomorrow night : - )
    I am amazed they couldn't re arrange this. 
  • Options
    Very interesting that Dylan Gavin isn't involved there , wonder if Bows might have a look at him tomorrow. 
  • Options
    • 12 Mar 2020

CRYSTAL PALACE are leading Manchester City in the race for non-League sensation Samuel Oguntayo.

SunSport understands the Eagles sent scouts to watch the versatile wideman in action for semi-professional side Kingstonian in their 4-2 defeat to Cheshunt on Wednesday.

Crystal Palace are leading Man City in the race for Kingstonian starlet Samuel Oguntayo
    Crystal Palace are leading Man City in the race for Kingstonian starlet Samuel OguntayoCredit: Kingstonian FC

The Premier League champions also had people in attendance to run the rule over the 17-year-old, who only made his league debut back in January.

But Oguntayo has now accepted an offer to train with Palace's Under-23s next week at their Copers Cope Road base.

The pacy teen, who has been likened to City ace Benjamin Mendy, can operate both at left-back and right-wing and has also attracted interest from Watford and Leeds United.

----------

Palace reject

• Options
    7' Goal Barnsley. The young U23s side go behind to George Miller's half-volley. #cafc 0 #bfc 1

28' Goal Barnsley. Jordan Green plays a one-two in the box before finishing into the bottom left-hand corner. #cafc 0 #bfc 2
  • Options
    We've got quite a young side out, probably in prep for Tuesday's pointless game. 

Good opportunity for the 23's plus Aneke and Maddison to have a proper run out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    A list of the U23 regulars that are not involved today.

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

**Coming off of a significant injury, so playing time is probably being managed carefully.

I'd expect the seven non-injured players (if they are actually OK) to be involved tomorrow night, plus Barker and Morgan. I'd also guess that Gavin and Santos from the U18s will abe in the 18. 

• Options

Replying to
    38' A third for Barnsley. The Addicks fail to deal with a corner and Daniel Bramall bundles it in.
    HALF-TIME | Charlton U23s 0 Barnsley U23s 3 The visitors are in control going into the break. #cafc

·

• Options
    Half Time: Charlton 0-3 Barnsley
  • Options

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

**Coming off of a significant injury, so playing time is probably being managed carefully.

I'd expect the seven non-injured players (if they are actually OK) to be involved tomorrow night, plus Barker and Morgan. I'd also guess that Gavin and Santos from the U18s will abe in the 18. 
    So can a team for Tuesday be built from these kids?
  • Options

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Wiredu was on the bench on Saturday, so I assume is fully fit now
  • Options
    Big fight back needed this half... 

0-0 from the start of the half lads. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Yes, of course. It's called the Charlton U23 Development team.

They've got a game tomorrow night against Orient. :smile:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Pretty much. If you add Maynard-Brewer, a sub goalie and Maddison we're up to 14 players. All positions are covered.

I'm not sure how many senior players have to be involved or whether the club is  willing to take a fine from the EFL, but it can be done.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Pretty much. If you add Maynard-Brewer, a sub goalie and Maddison we're up to 14 players. All positions are covered.

I'm not sure how many senior players have to be involved or whether the club is  willing to take a fine from the EFL, but it can be done.

If Maddison, AMB, Jennings and Morgan start we tick all the boxes. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

If Maddison, AMB, Jennings and Morgan start we tick all the boxes. 
    To me it would make sense to also include players called up for international duty in our "defence" to the EFL. After all it's not our fault Levitt and Williams aren't playing tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    U18's being thrown under the bus for the sake of the Pizza Trophy. I hope the EFL are pleased for themselves.

• Options
    clive said:
     Obviously not a nice result to be on the receiving end of, but the side will have learned some important lessons.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:
     Obviously not a nice result to be on the receiving end of, but the side will have learned some important lessons.
    Counting to 5?
  • Options

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Will love it if he's involved tomorrow, be nice for both him and Wiredu after their injuries
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Don't forget Pearce is supposed to be playing according to LB
  • Options

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Will love it if he's involved tomorrow, be nice for both him and Wiredu after their injuries
    I also did wonder about him .

He would be a useful third option to Aneke and Bogle if he is good enough .
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Don't forget Pierce is supposed to be playing according to LB
    Brosnan?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Jay Mingi
    Luca Vega 
    Kasim Aidoo 
    Brendan Wiredu**
    Aaron Henry 
    James Vennings 
    Johl Powell
    Hady Ghandour
    Wassim Aouachria**

Don't forget Pierce is supposed to be playing according to LB
    Brosnan?
    No, Mikey