Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is he selling?

124»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

He is an egotist with an inflated and exaggerated opinion of his own importance (e.g. comparing himself to Alan Turing). He over-estimates his value to the world as seen in his insistence in continuing with a political party that has made no real impact upon the electorate after more than 20 years.

His egotism means that he truly believes in his own importance and impact upon humanity. This means that he has no concern as to how he may hurt others – this does not even enter into his thinking. His truth is the right way and all others must accept that, even if it hurts socially or emotionally.

This man will not give in – it is against his principles. As far as he is concerned, he is not, and cannot be, wrong. In his mind, the failures are those who are unable to see the bigger picture, i.e. us.

I am not convinced he is going soon.

Prove me wrong and just sod off

You are a poor excuse for a human being ...just admit you are wrong for a change ...shit, I am so pissed off with this situation.
  • Options
    Can't help but feel he is pissed off with us and rich enough to bleed us dry to teach us a lesson for not appreciating his methodology.
  • Options
    If they sell Lookman this window, I think it will accelerate their departure.
  • Options
    What's the reasoning behind that, Cardinal?
  • Options

Also posted on another thread but:

Doesn't the following: established in 2013 before the take over have some bearing on this debate including not just sale but also development proposals?
    -----------------------------

Charlton Athletic fans have succeeded in their attempt to have The Valley listed as an Asset of Community Value.

The application by the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust was approved by Greenwich Council, and means the group must be notified if the ground is to be sold.

"An ACV recognises how important The Valley is to the local community," CAS Trust chairman Barnie Razzell said.

"It is our hope that we will not ever have to use the legislation."

What is an Asset of Community Value (ACV) and how does a listing work?
    A building, or other land, is an asset of community value if its main use is, or has recently been, to "further the social wellbeing or social interests of the local community" and it could do so in the future
    The request must come from a voluntary or community body with a local connection and relate to land in the local authority's area, or in the neighbouring local authority's area.

The listing lasts for five years and also includes should the stadium be put up for sale, a 'right to bid', which can be lodged by the group concerned within a period of six weeks, with finance secured in a period of up to four-and-a-half months
    He added: "Fans will now have a right in law to participate in any discussion about the future of football at The Valley."

Can anyone who was involved in this comment?

Barnie ( Razil) has already, posted on this, and as he was the chair at the time I think his comment is a fair statement of the position. The ACV is not a perfect instrument to stop anyone from moving the club, or developing the Valley, but it will be a consideration not only for this owner, and the council, but for future planning matters.As one of the people involved with the ACV, the council seemed pretty unaware of both the process and the importance of this in my opinion. Least we forget the then owners did support the application, as many others did, including local councillors, MP's and even Greg Dyke from the FA? as well as the Mayor at the time Boris J. But as we have seen 'politics' is a fickle friend, the last week or so has shown that!

• Options
    I posted this on some other thread some while ago - can't remember where. But even by conservative estimates of his %age holding in Melexis, he easily covers his losses in Charlton from the value of his Melexis dividends alone. More so, following the GBP devaluation. The club's poor performance on and off the field is barely scartching the surface of his wealth, let alone reducing it. The only impact is that it won't be increasing so quickly.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

He is an egotist with an inflated and exaggerated opinion of his own importance (e.g. comparing himself to Alan Turing). He over-estimates his value to the world as seen in his insistence in continuing with a political party that has made no real impact upon the electorate after more than 20 years.

His egotism means that he truly believes in his own importance and impact upon humanity. This means that he has no concern as to how he may hurt others – this does not even enter into his thinking. His truth is the right way and all others must accept that, even if it hurts socially or emotionally.

This man will not give in – it is against his principles. As far as he is concerned, he is not, and cannot be, wrong. In his mind, the failures are those who are unable to see the bigger picture, i.e. us.

I am not convinced he is going soon.

Prove me wrong and just sod off

You are a poor excuse for a human being ...just admit you are wrong for a change ...shit, I am so pissed off with this situation.
    Bit strong @stonemuse i think @stonemuse's post was fair.