Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is he selling?

Comments

• Options
    No chance.

We are a Daddy Long Legs and he is torturing us right now. We already have our legs pulled off and he is now chuckling manically to himself whilst he toasts us under a magnifying glass...

Belgian twat!
  • Options
    Redskin said:

BDL said:

I have a hunch about some stuff, from things that I have heard and seen.

At the moment it is merely a hunch but time will tell!

Another Airman Brown. Great.

Eeek!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    BDL said:

Not a dig, but think most on here would be keen to know more about what you have heard and seen.
  • Options
    Just a gut feeling from me, he's going to double down on the loonacy
  • Options
    BDL said:

What things have you seen and heard?
  • Options

BDL said:

What things have you seen and heard?
    Perlease...... they may be children reading

• Options
    Big Dave found this in Katriens draw when he was looking for his microphone!

• Options
    Interesting. I know for a fact that the 'spivs', as Airman calls them, pulled the plug because the potential to develop The Valley into housing was never going to happen.

Maybe Roly sees a happy compromise with flats and a football pitch. Much like St Truiden.
  • Options
    I don't want to add to the speculation, maybe I've said too much but I fear the lunacy will only increase from the madman in his Belgian Bunker.

I don't "know" anything as I said I have a hunch and enough people have already postulated what that is on this thread alone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big Dave found this in Katriens draw when he was looking for his microphone!

That looks like a PCB for my iPad.

• Options
    What do you want to know that I can't tell you?
  • Options
    BDL said:

I don't want to add to the speculation, maybe I've said too much but I fear the lunacy will only increase from the madman in his Belgian Bunker.

I don't "know" anything as I said I have a hunch and enough people have already postulated what that is on this thread alone.

I of course respect your stance but if we can't "speculate" as Charlton fans on a Charlton forum what's the point. You have said its only a hunch without knowledge so where's the harm in putting it out there.

• Options
    Also posted on another thread but:

Doesn't the following: established in 2013 before the take over have some bearing on this debate including not just sale but also development proposals?
    -----------------------------

Charlton Athletic fans have succeeded in their attempt to have The Valley listed as an Asset of Community Value.

The application by the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust was approved by Greenwich Council, and means the group must be notified if the ground is to be sold.

"An ACV recognises how important The Valley is to the local community," CAS Trust chairman Barnie Razzell said.

"It is our hope that we will not ever have to use the legislation."

What is an Asset of Community Value (ACV) and how does a listing work?
    A building, or other land, is an asset of community value if its main use is, or has recently been, to "further the social wellbeing or social interests of the local community" and it could do so in the future
    The request must come from a voluntary or community body with a local connection and relate to land in the local authority's area, or in the neighbouring local authority's area.

The listing lasts for five years and also includes should the stadium be put up for sale, a 'right to bid', which can be lodged by the group concerned within a period of six weeks, with finance secured in a period of up to four-and-a-half months
    He added: "Fans will now have a right in law to participate in any discussion about the future of football at The Valley."

Can anyone who was involved in this comment?
  • Options

If RD had any plan to sell The Valley or redevelop The Valley such as a hotel/flats in place of/incorporating the Jimmy Seed Stand. Does it make a difference whether we have 8,000 or 18,000 crowds ?

In other words could our boycott be counter productive ?

Stick in L1, with tiny away crowds. Only 8,000 home crowds, so put the away fans in the lower west like on Saturday & redevelop the Jimmy Seed, reducing the capacity ?

I think I'll start a new thread.

This is my worst fear. He sells the Valley to another Staprix owned subsidiary, uses the smaller attendances as justification to redevelop the ground into a half-arsed shopping centre/hotel/sports ground that generates regular income from retail and charges rent to the football tenant for evermore. The council love that sort of nonsense as it brings them in council tax and business rates so I don't expect them to be any help in stopping it unless absolutely forced to.

Charlton will end up like Coventry, homeless in their own ground.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

If RD had any plan to sell The Valley or redevelop The Valley such as a hotel/flats in place of/incorporating the Jimmy Seed Stand. Does it make a difference whether we have 8,000 or 18,000 crowds ?

Stick in L1, with tiny away crowds. Only 8,000 home crowds, so put the away fans in the lower west like on Saturday & redevelop the Jimmy Seed, reducing the capacity ?

This is my worst fear. He sells the Valley to another Staprix owned subsidiary, uses the smaller attendances as justification to redevelop the ground into a half-arsed shopping centre/hotel/sports ground that generates regular income from retail and charges rent to the football tenant for evermore. The council love that sort of nonsense as it brings them in council tax and business rates so I don't expect them to be any help in stopping it unless absolutely forced to.

Charlton will end up like Coventry, homeless in their own ground.
    This is exactly his plan I think. We could end up renting our ground off him even if he sold the club.
  • Options
    @Coyotejohn1947 bang on
  • Options
    Once his development plans are sorted he can quite happily rid himself of the bothersome football club with a Ron Noades Palace style sale (if anybody is dumb enough to agree to that) and continue to leech income from Charlton forever. Vampires do live forever don't they?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    BDL said:
    I'm certain that I'm being thick here but what's particularly "bang on" about Coyotejohn1947's post ?

It's factually correct certainly. ACV won't stop a sale of The Valley and I think I'm right that it wouldn't provide any rights should the owner decide to develop part of his property. Any attempt to build a new stand incorporating housing would need the usual planning applications to be approved.

• Options

Looking at this from a business point of view, if he was selling he wouldn't loan players out, especially if we are still paying some of the wages. In my view he would keep the assets at the club as it increases the overall value, or he would sell them and take the profit for his back pocket. So I do not think he is selling any time soon.

The assets are still at the Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What he has done to our club is counterproductive, racking up the debt is counterproductive.. The fans are the last people at fault for any of the mess we find ourselves in and are deffinitely not halting any potential sale of the club

• Options
    If there was a division of or sale or transfer of the Freehold in some way, I would hope that would allow some kind of ACV related legal challenge or trigger of the legislation.

Not sure but I think any attempt at a sale of any kind would need to be endorsed by the long term debt holders the former directors, who can veto any sale of the club (or I assume, a part of it) Perhaps Rick can shed light there.

Not sure about change of use in that regard but clearly that would be flagged at the council, whether the flats were sold as leaseholds or just let out, whether ACV would apply then is a question.

• Options
    stonemuse said:

He is an egotist with an inflated and exaggerated opinion of his own importance (e.g. comparing himself to Alan Turing). He over-estimates his value to the world as seen in his insistence in continuing with a political party that has made no real impact upon the electorate after more than 20 years.

His egotism means that he truly believes in his own importance and impact upon humanity. This means that he has no concern as to how he may hurt others – this does not even enter into his thinking. His truth is the right way and all others must accept that, even if it hurts socially or emotionally.

This man will not give in – it is against his principles. As far as he is concerned, he is not, and cannot be, wrong. In his mind, the failures are those who are unable to see the bigger picture, i.e. us.

I am not convinced he is going soon.

Agree to an extent but also given Brexit & the money he is losing & the clear downward trajectory of the football club, and the opposition that any planning proposal would generate, I think that he will sell Christmas / New Year of selling of the remainder of any player assets. It is just a matter of time. Duchatelet needs to be opposed both in UK / Belgium. Charlton supporters will win eventually. I think there will be few signals that he will sell though, and the deal will be completed quickly.
  • Options
    @Rob7Lee makes an important point. This isn't about how rich he is on paper. It's about how much cash he has.

I'd be surprised if he's selling his Metaxis shares to find this, so is and all his other clubs need to be funded from his cash flow. I'm assuming he's not borrowing commercially as Statprix and then passing the money along.

So he doesn't have a billion to spend. He has whatever Statprix is receiving as dividends from Metaxis. If that's the way the holdings are structured.

So this is all hard cash to him.
  • Options
    He won't sell the valley, he loves commercial real estate, more like he will turn it into a multi complex. Like at STVV. flats will also be in the plan. It is unlikely he will move away from the area.

I reckon his plan is genuinely to make us a self sustaining club regardless of what league etc... We are in and build us up from bottom to top. The problem is he has no idea how to do that and as he said it is purely an experiment.
  • Options
    We have and continue to lose millions due to all of:

very poor recruitment decisions
    Very poor negotiation on sales
    alienation of the fan base.

Unlikely though it is, the first two could be corrected, the third, which may monetarily be the least important does not really stand a chance with Katrien as CEO.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    BDL said:
    I think we'd be more than interested in Airman's view on this although I assume BDL was referring to Missed It's post....

• Options
    edited August 2016
    /