Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

M20/A20

13»

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:

And about to run out of fuel :unamused:

Sadie go and ask a policeman if when they have a moment whether he can take you to get petrol. If he doesn't your car will be an obstruction when the road reopens. He will probably say no but it is worth a try.
    Turned the AC off and car in neutral hopeful will conserve it long enough not far from junction 4 hopefully a petrol garage not far away.
  • Options
    Just saw a CAFC supporters coach go over the bridge in front of me
  • Options
    I'm free sort of, off of m20 at least
  • Options
    BBC reporting motor cyclist right behind the lorry in question had to drop his bike and went under the collapsed bridge. Suffered broken ribs but otherwise OK.

All a bit sketchy still at the moment.

• Options

cfgs said:

And about to run out of fuel :unamused:

Sadie go and ask a policeman if when they have a moment whether he can take you to get petrol. If he doesn't your car will be an obstruction when the road reopens. He will probably say no but it is worth a try.
    Turned the AC off and car in neutral hopeful will conserve it long enough not far from junction 4 hopefully a petrol garage not far away.
    Gonna need to put it in gear at some point, to move forward.
  • Options
    KM (The paper, not our beloved CEO) reporting something fell off first lorry and the second ran over it causing cab to jump up, hence hitting the bridge
  • Options
    M20/M26 going to be closed this weekend from 8pm tomorrow until 6 am Monday to demolish the remaining part of the bridge.

kentonline.co.uk/malling/news/breaking-m20-to-close-101710/

Should have done it last weekend when it was already closed. More chaos for Kent's roads.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Need to travel to Gatwick from Maidstone-Cuxton early Sat a.m. so will def go M2 now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have bumped this in case anyone doesn't know that the roads will be closed again this weekend.
  • Options

M20/M26 going to be closed this weekend from 8pm tomorrow until 6 am Monday to demolish the remaining part of the bridge.

Should have done it last weekend when it was already closed. More chaos for Kent's roads.

So there would have been a reason why they didn't do it last weekend when the road was already closed!! However, your expertise would no doubt be greatly appreciated in the KCC Highways Department!!
  • Options
    Cheers #me14addick. Good heads up. Playing golf at Littlestone in Sunday and would have headed straight down M20 had I not read this. Now where's that sat Nav?
  • Options
    Don't forget Monday all roads through Calais are to be blocked by the French lorry drivers re the grief from the jungle. Expect Operation stack to be used and if it isn't anything beyond junction 10 on the M20 will be fecked
  • Options

So there would have been a reason why they didn't do it last weekend when the road was already closed!! However, your expertise would no doubt be greatly appreciated in the KCC Highways Department!!
    Perhaps they could explain the reasoning. After last weekend we were told the remaining section of the bridge was perfectly safe. This will be a busy weekend on Kent's roads after a Bank holiday, so why do it this particular week if the bridge is safe?
  • Options

Don't forget Monday all roads through Calais are to be blocked by the French lorry drivers re the grief from the jungle. Expect Operation stack to be used and if it isn't anything beyond junction 10 on the M20 will be fecked

I'm in mid-France at the mo and we're due back in Calais on Monday evening... doh!
  • Options
    Took three hours yesterday to get from Gatwick airport to to our house near Romford. Flight from Menorca only took two hours.
  • Options
    Took my wife an hour and a half to get from Orpington to home in Strood at 5pm yesterday because everyone was having to use the M25 / A2 to get where they needed to go in Kent!!
  • Options
    Came back round the m25 from Heathrow, the queue for the a2 was backing up to the swanley turnoff, yesterday morning at 7:30. Instead of taking the a2, I carried on to the exit before the tunnel. Better than sitting in the traffic for I don't know how long.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    JohnBoyUK said:

I'm in mid-France at the mo and we're due back in Calais on Monday evening... doh!
    Change it mate leave via Dunkirk or a different port like ostend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Kentonline the motorways should be open early this evening.