Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M20/A20

Anyone nipping down south east wont be !! 10/8 hours traffic not moving on the M20 and A20 and ALL short cuts into Dover and surrounding BLOCKED by traffic.
Our village completely cut off, can get out but not back----cheers.
French passport control at Dover according to local text doing extra checks---to the nearest fuck all how many terrorists went INTO France from the UK ?

Comments

• Welcome to deepest Kent
  • Anyone nipping down south east wont be !! 10/8 hours traffic not moving on the M20 and A20 and ALL short cuts into Dover and surrounding BLOCKED by traffic.
    French passport control at Dover according to local text doing extra checks---to the nearest fuck all how many terrorists went INTO France from the UK ?

It's payback for Brexit. Get your own back, boycott French wine and cheese - does France actually produce anything else these days ?
  • Well after Brexit we need to be looking at trying different types of exports.

Terrorists seems like a good place to start.
  • only 1 booth staffed by French passport control over night and untill this morning thats out of the usual 7 !!
    still how many families stuck in their cars over night and this morning for 8/10 hours wil bother to spend there dosh there next year?
  • Anyone nipping down south east wont be !! 10/8 hours traffic not moving on the M20 and A20 and ALL short cuts into Dover and surrounding BLOCKED by traffic.

It's payback for Brexit. Get your own back, boycott French wine and cheese - does France actually produce anything else these days ?
    Lots of Citroens, Renaults and Peugeots on British roads.
  • Peter_G said:

Anyone nipping down south east wont be !! 10/8 hours traffic not moving on the M20 and A20 and ALL short cuts into Dover and surrounding BLOCKED by traffic.

Which sell because they are cheap but are now going to be a lot more expensive because the Pound has weakened against the Euro. Pissing off the UK over free movement of trade across the channel isnt going to be the dumbest thing the French government does but it's going to be up there.
  • Peter_G said:

A lot of the above vans are made in Luton.
  • I can understand the need for extra checks, but on the busiest weekend of the summer.? They're having a laugh.

We're thinking of moving down that area, but may have second thoughts if this is going to be a regular thing.

• I do agree that it looks like sheer bloody mindedness by the French authorities, but I doubt if Hollande or central government is behind it. France is overrun with petty bureaucracy and little tinpot jobsworths.
  • Sponsored links:

Out of interest, which village GH?
  • Welcome to Kent. Just another bad day on Kent road - far too many of them these days. Hardly a day goes by without one of the motorways being blocked and yesterday both were blocked for part of the day. This causes all other roads to become jammed and small villages become rat runs.

Poor driving and a population growing too quickly for the infrastructure.
  • Hollande is a complete arsehole.

Slap a 30% import duty on all French items, and then have the customs office manned by one person, who is 45, a mother, and loves calling in sick when Tarquin has a sniffle...

We can all play silly buggers, but there's pragmatism and then there is just being a little bitch. Hollande seems like the latter.
  • Traffic in the surrounding areas has knackered getting to the White Swan, what with everyone using the A2/m2 to avoid the M20 its not good. Just taken my neighbour two hours from Bluewater to Minster. :(
  • BDLBDL
    edited July 2016
    Ray, not sure what route they used but everything is running clear at the moment.

Edit - this end of the county.
  • BDL said:

Ray, not sure what route they used but everything is running clear at the moment.

Really??
    Stupid woman (next door) told me it was solid. I deliberately never booked any lessons after 2.00 to come up to the Swan.
    To late now, I've had a couple indoors. :(
  • Nah its been shit all day round this way. Down to you would be shambolic as well Ray. Sadly we had to knock today on the head which is gutting as the wife said she'd drive
  • edited July 2016
    Someone on sky news at the moment saying they've travelled 1 mile in 3 hours, must be horrendous.
  • I really don't get this. The guns come from Eastern Europe and their terrorists come from France and Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst the situation is a bloody joke, I can't understand why people still try to drive there whilst all this is going on. Appreciate it's their holiday but there's no way I'd consider putting myself and my family through a potential 15 hour wait.
  • According to BBC news, the lack of staff was flagged with the Government and French Government by the port authorities earlier in the week, yet they still allowed it to happen.

• I just arrived at my holiday in Normandy. I left Ashford at 03:30 on Saturday. The kids were great. I don't know how they coped! Police, Fire Service and Kent County Council were great, providing advice, handing out water etc.
  • I'm heading out there tonight. Luckily I am not a peasant and am getting the Eurotunnel rather than ferry. Hoping to avoid the queues.
  • absolute joke. If there's a possibility I would fine the French authorities for their incompetence and poor organisation. Some people were in queues at dover for nearly 15 hours in the heat because they only had a handful of staff operating the border checks.

I understand the extra border checks but it took them 3 days to even begin them after the Nice attacks and the attack was done by a Frenchman using guns coming in from eastern Europe. I went to France last sunday, took me an hour to get though which wasn't too bad but the joke was they didn't even check my passport.
  • edited July 2016
    Also, WE are the ones who should be putting the extra checks in, after all the terrorists come from over there not here!

This is deliberate and unacceptable.

I once read a book which had a section on Richard Reid, the failed shoebomber, which claimed that the extra security precautions put in place (taking off shoes etc) if you take minutes per person and add them up and compare to life expectancy etc then it actually claimed more lifetimes worth of life than anything since 9/11.... Very very very wishy washy I know but peoples time does need to be added up

I read something claiming 250,000 were waiting 15 hours

250,000 *15 = 3.75 million hours

In years that is 428.09 years.

With an average life expectancy of just over 80 years that is over 5 lifetimes that the French have taken from British people yesterday

Useless bunch of wankers.
  • The under-manning tactic is always doomed to fail, as eventually you are going to have to start waving people through without checking them.

Counter productive.
  • Given the very possible dangers involved in travelling these days I for one don't have a single issue with being asked to remove my shoes. I might not be the country's most frequent traveller but I don't object to the 15 minutes total of my life that I won't get back in taking off and putting on my shoes at the airport.
  • There's a simple and effective solution to the traffic problem. Don't go to France for a holiday, don't buy French wine or French farm produce then sit back and watch the French government catch the fall out and the problems disappear.
  • edited July 2016
    agree but 14 hours !!! villages completely blocked in.
    When we did get out the staff in one of the big super markets told me they were double shifting as a lot of staff couldnt get in or get home (no buses, taxis cars etc) and there had been no deliveries that day as the lorries couldnt through.
    Was our villages summer do yesterday but 60% of the stalls etc couldnt get in.

far far worse than operation stack last year---still that was only 30 days that the people of Southern England took shit because of the French----feck all to do with brexit but maybe does go someway to seing why the people down here voted 3/1 to leave !