Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

M20/A20

Comments

• Options

According to BBC news, the lack of staff was flagged with the Government and French Government by the port authorities earlier in the week, yet they still allowed it to happen.

Sounds like a job for Borris.
  • Options

There's a simple and effective solution to the traffic problem. Don't go to France for a holiday, don't buy French wine or French farm produce then sit back and watch the French government catch the fall out and the problems disappear.

I think that approach maybe somewhat flawed.
  • Options

Whilst the situation is a bloody joke, I can't understand why people still try to drive there whilst all this is going on. Appreciate it's their holiday but there's no way I'd consider putting myself and my family through a potential 15 hour wait.

I suppose they do it because their ferry, accommodation etc is all booked and probably no chance of refunds.
  • Options

According to BBC news, the lack of staff was flagged with the Government and French Government by the port authorities earlier in the week, yet they still allowed it to happen.

Sounds like a job for Borris.
    He's probably the f****g cause of it!
  • Options
    When it comes to booking a holiday next year, many people will probably think the hassle of getting to France isn't worth it and they may go elsewhere. The French will then be the losers, so failing to adequately staff the border crossing may backfire on them.
  • Options

When it comes to booking a holiday next year, many people will probably think the hassle of getting to France isn't worth it and they may go elsewhere. The French will then be the losers, so failing to adequately staff the border crossing may backfire on them.

Yup! I'll be off to somewhere where the people aren't so impolite, like Baghdad or Syria.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Yup! I'll be off to somewhere where the people aren't so impolite, like Baghdad or Syria.
    So you ain't coming down to see me then Husky?
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Tonight in fact.... Will be in Brive this time tomorrow!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Tonight in fact.... Will be in Brive this time tomorrow!
    In Brive now having a beer with Mrs.

Alas, making a mandap tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody heck is that by the M25?
  • Options
    Is that by the M26?
  • Options

Bloody heck is that by the M25?

Is that by the M26?

• Options
    It is junction 4 on the M20, Leybourne/Snodland turn off. BBC reporting lorry hit bridge to make it collapse.
  • Options
    Christ that looks bad
  • Options

It is junction 4 on the M20, Leybourne/Snodland turn off. BBC reporting lorry hit bridge to make it collapse.

Wouldn't fancy his next insurance premium, his current company are going to cop a huge bill.
  • Options

Wouldn't fancy his next insurance premium, his current company are going to cop a huge bill.
    Eye witness saying it was a low loader with a digger on the back. The arm of the digger hit the bridge.
  • Options
    Somehow looks like very few injuries, thank God.
  • Options
    Stuck in it now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And about to run out of fuel :unamused:
  • Options

Oh dear - feel for you.

Probably got time to walk to the petrol station!!
  • Options

Stuck in it now

Sorry to hear that Sadiejane. Unfortunately can't see anybody being able to move on one side as half the bridge is still hanging.

• Options
    Luckily it looks to have landed on the trailers of lorries, not great for the truckers but it could have been a family in a car.
  • Options
    Any chance that KO will be delayed?
  • Options
    Stupid day to attempt a trip to south London grrr
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Low loader with JCB on the back has hit the bridge. It's the lorry on the hard shoulder in the first Twitter picture.
  • Options

Stupid day to attempt a trip to south London grrr

What, the day of a Charlton game?

I agree!!
  • Options
    Almost there :cold_sweat:
  • Options

Sadie go and ask a policeman if when they have a moment whether he can take you to get petrol. If he doesn't your car will be an obstruction when the road reopens. He will probably say no but it is worth a try.