Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andrew Crofts - now (2021) Brighton U23 manager (p9)

12345679»

Comments

• Good grief, thought we’d resigned him!
  • Bet heart rates started going a bit higher for a moment
  • Minus 7 promotes!
  • Corr imagine a midfield of Ben Watson and Andrew Crofts.
    MK Manager: Oi Scott why arent you out of breath after than game?
    Scott Fraser: Cmon boss, I didnt even have to bother running against that Midfield
    Ben Watson is 5 times the player Crofts and Foley were then. 
    They’d be so slow that time would start to go backwards.
    I've watched grass grow quicker. 

• Sponsored links:

• Foley was the other one.  I’d forgotten about him.  That Slade team was just a little bit worse than the sorts of performances we were turning in under bowyer shortly before he left. Certainly felt the same 
  • I’ve watched my plastic turf fake grass grow quicker. 
  • One of the best things about emigrating to Canada in 2011 was I never had to watch Crofts and Foley line up in midfield for us, not even on Valley Pass. 
  • Scoham said:
    Slade gave himself no chance, he was so convinced we needed the three old pros in Jackson, Foley and Crofts. One of them would have been enough. We had Aribo in the u23s who he was so reluctant to give any game time. I didn’t like the constant managerial changes but I’m glad Slade didn’t last long.
    Didn't we end up with Foley because we spunked all the money else where and that's all we could afford?

We had 4 center halves on very, very good league 1 money and no midfielders. 
  • Scoham said:
    Slade gave himself no chance, he was so convinced we needed the three old pros in Jackson, Foley and Crofts. One of them would have been enough. We had Aribo in the u23s who he was so reluctant to give any game time. I didn’t like the constant managerial changes but I’m glad Slade didn’t last long.
    In fairness he did sort out the tablecloths at Sparrows Lane.
    I forgot about that - from rectangles to circles wasn’t it to encourage players to chat more?Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Didn't we end up with Foley because we spunked all the money else where and that's all we could afford?

We had 4 center halves on very, very good league 1 money and no midfielders. 
    Probably, but there must have been other options out there? The main issue wasn’t so much the lack of quality but the fact they were so similar, all lacked pace and energy.
  • Brighton’s interim head coach while another former player Ben Roberts has joined Potter at Chelsea.