Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Crofts - now (2021) Brighton U23 manager (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if this is why Adam Chicksen has completely disappeared though?

Also on a one year deal, he seems to been left out of late?
  • Options
    Well promotion next season is assured now
  • Options
    I think it's a good thing he's staying but I don't want him in the starting XI next year.
  • Options
    Ok if he is back up/sub but no more than that!
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited April 2017
    Crikey, he's past it this season. Everyone goes on about his experience etc but I can honestly say he doesn't come across to me as someone who is driving the team on and influencing the younger players that much during games.
  • Options
    My view is that we will be nowhere near promotion if he plays more than a handful of games next season.

Having said that, with this lot in charge I wouldn't fancy us to be near promotion with Messi and Ronaldo in the side so I don't suppose it matters too much.

In any event I don't intent to be there to see it so I'm not sure I care either way.
  • Options
    Looks like someone forgot to count how many games he played.
  • Options
    Slow and has the touch of a dog, can tackle a bit. Loses possession about half the time he attempts anything other than a pass to a centre-back. Committed. Ugh I don't know. He'd best not be in the first choice XI next season
  • Options
    well that's 2 of KR's new squad already signed - him & JJ - Can I be the first to say I'm underwhelmed !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he's a lower half L1 player. When he plays in midfield he puts us under more pressure, tackling and passing is not great. Was hoping we could do better
  • Options
    I think he's a headless chicken most of the time. Can't pass, shoot, and nearly always by-passed by the oppo. Waste of space.
  • Options
    He sums up the Russell slade era perfectly for me.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Driesen must have recommended him having been flagged up by his computer because he's played most games for a team with a top six budget in L1.............Oh wait!
  • Options
    Happy for him to stay on, we're not short of younger players in midfield, but need that experience in the squad especially if Jacko hangs up his boots. For someone who was previously out injured long term, his fitness has been good too.

• Options
    Great. Another year with a defensively minded midfielder who has no pace and gives the ball away constantly.
  • Options
    Not the fellas fault that someone put that clause into his contract. Blame the individual who deals with the contract negotiations.
  • Options
    Our be run of form coincided with Crofts' absence from the team.

Pearce's first games back after injury was the 2-0 home defeat to MK Dons.

After that, Crofts came back, and we've won 3 and drawn 1.

Do you ALL think it is pure coincidence?
  • Options

Our be run of form coincided with Crofts' absence from the team.

Pearce's first games back after injury was the 2-0 home defeat to MK Dons.

After that, Crofts came back, and we've won 3 and drawn 1.

Do you ALL think it is pure coincidence?

Can you translate this please ? Are you a Croft supporter, it's not clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CL Statbank 16/17 bottom 5 (not including Hanlon's few appearances)

Page 4.82
    Jackson 5.41
    Novak 5.41
    JFC 5.67
    Crofts 5.69.

Hmmm.
  • Options
    Can't blame the guy for triggering the extension. Doubt he'd get a similarly remunerated gig elsewhere. If he's anywhere near the first team next year all our fears will be realised. Ok as an emergency back up but that's all.
  • Options

I think Chicksen will be on his way.

• Options
    Meh.

Don't see why people are happy this is happening really. Out of 50 games he might have stood out in 2-3 at the absolute most.

The fact he has experience doesn't necessarily make him the right player for us.

As many of said on this thread so far - he is an average player at this level. If we have a side of average players then we will only achieve an average league position like we have now.
  • Options
    He's a real trier but I find him very trying .
  • Options
    wonderful news. Promotion here we come next season. Crofts and JJ in the middle next season. No need to buy anyone else.
  • Options
    I would not mind seeing him in our midfield next season, providing that he has a much more creative and adventurous player beside him .. this season he has been over vilified .. the games I have seen, he has never been as bad as many who comment have 'seen' .. so far as I am concerned, he's been OK, no more than that, just OK
  • Options
    Thought he got better as the season went on, he was total sh*te at the start.

He seemed to remember at Millwall away that he was actually a professional footballer and started spraying 40yard scholes-esque balls across the pitch, probably his best game.

Then he just resumed being an average player again.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I think Chicksen will be on his way.

To a better team than us, he's miles better than Page
  • Options
    He's a trier and a decent pro, who has done well to play 50 games, given his previous injury record. Andrew Crofts is, however, a player of very limited ability and will be another year older (and certainly no quicker or better). We've been outplayed in midfield in far to many games this season and that is, in part, a reflection on him.

A decent and experienced squad player but he's demonstrably not someone who's going to help get us out of this division (at least at the right end).