Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD's remaining business plan for Charlton?

Any idea what it is? The only plan in evidence seems to be constant cost cutting and little or no investment in the playing squad.
The losses seem guaranteed to continue and I can't see any way he can recoup them. He and KM have no interest in building a successful team and it just continues to be like watching a slow motion car crash.

Comments

• I fear he has this naïve thought we can get promoted fairly easily and his original plan will be back in place.
  • There is no plan, none of this makes any sense. I fear we a part of some kind of long running reality comic docu-drama played out weekly on Belgian prime time tv. We’ve probably got to wait until the rating figures go down and the series is cancelled.
  • It simply to piss off as many "customers" as you can, hes half way though his 5 year plan and I'm guessing hes on target
  • "Hi, is that Katrien?"

"I'll give you 50% off"

"...I...I haven't said anything yet"

That's because she thought it was 50% off her nose.
  • Its the same plan that Boris Johnson has as Foreign Secretary.
  • Sponsored links:

• His latest plan is to bring in Baldrick who will advise Katrien
  • His latest plan is to bring in Baldrick who will advise Katrien

And I don't mean Airman Brown
  • NugNug
    edited July 2016
    DOUCHER said:

Overall aim seems ok minus the gimmicks - hopefully now we have a new strategy hence a proper manager it might have more chance of working

2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate....ROLAND!

• DOUCHER said:

Overall aim seems ok minus the gimmicks - hopefully now we have a new strategy hence a proper manager it might have more chance of working

Shouldn't this be in the joke category.

• Nug said:

DOUCHER said:

2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate....ROLAND!

you are boring nugget - if you went back pre roland - and before your fixation with his network and his evil ways and all the rest of it took hold wouldn't u have wanted a club that didn't spend beyond its means, had a strong academy and had a good proportion of home gtrown players in its first team - putting all the misguided way they have gone about it to one side - if you can for a moment - would those things not be what you would want? or do you want to be reliant on a sugar daddy or have a brief spell in the prem and be a whipping boy for the really big fish fora year or so? go on, be honest - rd and his team are on their way out, their strategy has failed but the goal is not a bad one is it or do you expect somebody to put there hand in their pocket evbery year to sustain the club and if so, who is that charitable person?

• says who - a management book? r u saying it is impossible not to lose money every year in football? cobblers

• You can get promoted to the Premier League! That brings a profit. You can downsize so you are so small, that your costs are minimal, but Charlton are a certain size of club that can't be viable where they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• His plan is to sell up and take KM with him. End of, no other option.
  • palace pretty much got promoted to the prem on the strength of selling an academy player and loaning him back - we need to produce players of that quality more often - other than defoe, who was nicked from us - when did we last produce a striker of any note? 2 centre mids yes - parker and bowyer - but both moved on to bigger clubs but in 30 years they are the only 2 we have got really decent money for so i'm all for the academy plans, just don't like all the rest of it
  • DOUCHER said:

palace pretty much got promoted to the prem on the strength of selling an academy player and loaning him back - we need to produce players of that quality more often - other than defoe, who was nicked from us - when did we last produce a striker of any note? 2 centre mids yes - parker and bowyer - but both moved on to bigger clubs but in 30 years they are the only 2 we have got really decent money for so i'm all for the academy plans, just don't like all the rest of it

Palace got promoted on the back of having a manager who got that little bit extra out of his team that was just enough to see them scrape into the PL
  • DOUCHER said:

palace pretty much got promoted to the prem on the strength of selling an academy player and loaning him back - we need to produce players of that quality more often - other than defoe, who was nicked from us - when did we last produce a striker of any note? 2 centre mids yes - parker and bowyer - but both moved on to bigger clubs but in 30 years they are the only 2 we have got really decent money for so i'm all for the academy plans, just don't like all the rest of it

We may have in Lookman, but we won't get anywhere near what Palace got! Part of the reason for that is where we are and how badly we are run. If you think they are competent, good luck to you. I think that notion can only be a wind up!
  • DOUCHER said:

Palace got promoted on the back of having a manager who got that little bit extra out of his team that was just enough to see them scrape into the PL
    is that the same manager that relegated millwall? Anyway, point is - manager and funds from academy sale
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

is that the same manager that relegated millwall? Anyway, point is - manager and funds from academy sale
    or was that pullis - anyway - zaha funds and loan back tipped it
  • DOUCHER said:

We won't keep anyone with quality for long enough to make a decent bit of profit off of them. Out the door at the first sniff of money.
  • DOUCHER said:

We won't keep anyone with quality for long enough to make a decent bit of profit off of them. Out the door at the first sniff of money.
    didnt say we would - i am looking objectively at the aim / goal - not this regime
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

didnt say we would - i am looking objectively at the aim / goal - not this regime
    Was it cleared up whether Standard got the sell on clause for batshuayi or if RD took it? I don't know the answer as I missed if that ever got cleared up.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

To get those decent player Sales you need a good source of players (our source is about to dry up as people see the club for what is). You also need decent negotiators unlike the joker in charge of these matters at Charlton. Do let me know when we get that £10m fee won't you.