Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One Kits 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    Shrewsbury Town have kept with their kit from last season...

• Options

I'm not sure that's correct. They certainly have a new away kit
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Sorry have only been concentrating on the Home Kits for this season ahead... My mistake adding their away one in the last picture but was going by the following: http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/
  • Options
    That is hideous.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    That really is a look of... Why are you making me wear this, do I displease you this much
  • Options

I'm not sure that's correct. They certainly have a new away kit
    like that a lot

• Options
    Quite like that Shrewbury away kit...we had something similar around 1970/71
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    As nice as some of the kits look in the pictures they are still meant to be worn by young chaps who spend all week in a gym, and running around a field and their Saturday afternoons playing football. They don't look good on anybody else or anywhere other than in the context they are meant to be worn, that is in the persuit of actually playing a sport. The fact that so many people are willing to pay a premium price for a polyester (or similar man made material) sports shirt still beggars belief and these people are ripe for exploitation. Next they'll be paying extra charges just for buying things like tickets from the club . OK, that's a silly example and probably taking it a bit too far and would never happen...
  • Options
    The best Sheffield United kit was their admiral one in the Alex Sabella days - this year's not too bad. I think the Winbledon one looks good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As nice as some of the kits look in the pictures they are still meant to be worn by young chaps who spend all week in a gym, and running around a field and their Saturday afternoons playing football. They don't look good on anybody else or anywhere other than in the context they are meant to be worn, that is in the persuit of actually playing a sport. The fact that so many people are willing to pay a premium price for a polyester (or similar man made material) sports shirt still beggars belief and these people are ripe for exploitation. Next they'll be paying extra charges just for buying things like tickets from the club . OK, that's a silly example and probably taking it a bit too far and would never happen...

I'd rather go to a Timberland outlet and pick up a nice top and jeans for the same money!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Millwall seem to be doing a Palace and losing their identity. They seem to have selected a West Brom kit for this season! On the other end of the scale - it looks like Oxford have gone back to their 80s kit! As for Shrewsbury - you would think they would have picked players to model the kit who don't look like they have just escaped from the assylum! They must be one ugly team if those two are the best models they have! I'd give them a part in Deliverance 2!
  • Options

Millwall seem to be doing a Palace and losing their identity. They seem to have selected a West Brom kit for this season! On the other end of the scale - it looks like Oxford have gone back to their 80s kit! As for Shrewsbury - you would think they would have picked players to model the kit who don't look like they have just escaped from the assylum! They must be one ugly team if those two are the best models they have! I'd give them a part in Deliverance 2!

Millwall changed their usual shirt to go back to a kit design they wore 50 years ago - 59 home games unbeaten.
  • Options
    Oh, I see! It's a one off
  • Options
    Coventry based theirs on a Tesco carrier bag
  • Options
    Not League One, but just seen Sheffield Wednesday's home strip for this season. If that was us I'd have the hump. Not even traditional....

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/16/17-Kits/sheffield-wednesday-2016-17-sondico-home-away-third-kits.html
  • Options
    Boysie said:

Not League One, but just seen Sheffield Wednesday's home strip for this season. If that was us I'd have the hump. Not even traditional....

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/16/17-Kits/sheffield-wednesday-2016-17-sondico-home-away-third-kits.html

Reportedly only available in XXXXXXXXXL because it's absolutely massive...
  • Options
    Boysie said:

Yuk!

The shorts don't even match the blue of the shirt

• Options
    Just noticed the new badge too. Awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the third kit though
  • Options
    More like a Brighton kit than a Sheff Wed kit that.. they try too hard.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Bolton have just released their home kit.

• Options
    Peterborough have had the same template as us for their home kit 4 years in a row now. Two years ago the away kit was exactly the same (the grey with black sleeves). It's boring. I'd prefer Errea, Macron or Joma.
  • Options
    Is that Zak Clough (Centre) that Bolton have managed to keep so far?

Am surprised he's not joined a Championship club yet seeing Bristol City wanted him in January
  • Options

Is that Zak Clough (Centre) that Bolton have managed to keep so far?

Am surprised he's not joined a Championship club yet seeing Bristol City wanted him in January

He's still been linked with various clubs

Nice kit that Bolton one, though another gambling sponsor...indeed, I never realised there were so many gambling companies around!
  • Options
    Bolton kit is nice but awful looking sponsor.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Bolton kit is nice but awful looking sponsor.

Yeah the yellow from the Sponsor really lets the kit down
  • Options
    Nice shirt that. They always come up with a decent shirt.
  • Options
    Also the macron doesn't look straight which is a bit weird