Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why is David Cameron hated?

13»

Comments

• Options
    The Tory party has been scooping up the working class vote for years but it is now clear they haveat been voting for anything v other than they believe the Tories are the more nationalist party. If labour can ditch corbyn and get back to basics - defending the working classes rather than every minority group possible then we may seem a complete correction in the whole political scene and genuinely stand a chance of rebuilding an economy to be proud of - not one reliant on prostituting ourselves to bankers and wrapped up in European bullshit - I voted remain but will embrace brexit
  • Options
    dizzee said:

He's done a great job and can go down as a brilliant prime minister. He's not the type to shout his own praises - just a decent man.

That will not be how he sees himself though. He passionately believed it would be a disaster to leave - and nearly half the country agree with him. We all want the best for our children and he will be feeling he has let them down. He has also lost himself his own job and opened the door for a complete twat to get it.

If his party lose the next election it will be Labour who will decide what laws we keep and the new ones to write. From his perception I believe that at the moment he thinks that he will be remembered as the PM who took Britain off the world map and then broke it into pieces.

I see him as a spoilt little brat who got given our country to play with and broke it. As the revolution moves forward one can but hope that the old boys network that allows the privileged few the top jobs across the country is finally bought to an end.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Fiiish said:

Because he's a Tory.

Because people don't understand how Parliamentary democracy works.

Because people hate his policies.

Because people hate the fact his parents were rich and made certain decisions on his behalf.

Because he joined a club that smashed up restaurants.

Because he once said 'Call Me Dave'.

Because he's mates with Murdoch journalists.

Because he called a referendum with no plan to win it, lost it, and now the country is in crisis.

Because people think that if you are rich or own investments you must be corrupt or dodgy or avoiding taxes.

etc.

6 out of 8 of the above applies to Boris as well.
  • Options
    Hated ? .. I get a lot of stick on here for speaking my mind in a VERY forthright manner .. BUT I NEVER use the word 'hate' .. at least 2 current posts on here contain the word 'hate' in the title .. repent armchair haters before it's too late ..

as for Cameron ? .. made the best of a bad job after spineless, clueless Brown and a hung election.
    Cameron like most politicians is a negotiator, a compromiser .. I suspect that at heart he's a Eurosceptic and like many voters in the recent referendum was torn almost 50/50 between opting to favour in or out of the EU .. he chose in and backed the wrong horse. He'll be replaced by a shrewder compromiser and a much harder hearted opportunist in Bollocks Johnson .. I am VERY much an 'outer' .. I would just wish for a more principled bunch of politicians to take the UK out of the EU than the greasy lot who will probably be tasked to carry out the project
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He still has the power to call a general election NOW.

That is what should happen. This is supposed to be a democracy. We need to elect a government with public backing to see this through.

The government supported remaining in the EU. It should resign tomorrow not in three months time!

But the public did elect the government, the Tories were voted in by a majority only last year.

?
    As I said above, it was reported that the Conservatives were elected by 37% of those who bothered to vote, or 24% of the total electorate.

Or in other words, 63% of those who voted got the Government they didn't vote for.

Democracy has been called the tyranny of the majority. With our first past the post system (which I don't disagree with) it's actually the dictatorship of the minority.
  • Options

Hated ? .. I get a lot of stick on here for speaking my mind in a VERY forthright manner .. BUT I NEVER use the word 'hate' .. at least 2 current posts on here contain the word 'hate' in the title .. repent armchair haters before it's too late ..

as for Cameron ? .. made the best of a bad job after spineless, clueless Brown and a hung election.
    Cameron like most politicians is a negotiator, a compromiser .. I suspect that at heart he's a Eurosceptic and like many voters in the recent referendum was torn almost 50/50 between opting to favour in or out of the EU .. he chose in and backed the wrong horse. He'll be replaced by a shrewder compromiser and a much harder hearted opportunist in Bollocks Johnson .. I am VERY much an 'outer' .. I would just wish for a more principled bunch of politicians to take the UK out of the EU than the greasy lot who will probably be tasked to carry out the project

Is that the clueless Brown who saved the UK banking system, if not the world (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/07/gordon-brown-moody-complex-angry-naive-saved-world, https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/feb/06/gordon-brown-save-world-uk, http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/william-keegan-gordon-brown-saved-britain-may-even-have-saved-world-1476333) and had the economy growing before the Tories got in and put us into recession?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

He still has the power to call a general election NOW.

That is what should happen. This is supposed to be a democracy. We need to elect a government with public backing to see this through.

The government supported remaining in the EU. It should resign tomorrow not in three months time!

But the public did elect the government, the Tories were voted in by a majority only last year.

?
    As I said above, it was reported that the Conservatives were elected by 37% of those who bothered to vote, or 24% of the total electorate.

Or in other words, 63% of those who voted got the Government they didn't vote for.

Democracy has been called the tyranny of the majority. With our first past the post system (which I don't disagree with) it's actually the dictatorship of the minority.
    even more relevant is the notion that a very small clique takes over a political party and then 'the country' .. Thatcher/Joseph & co, Blair/Brown, Cameron/Osborne .. the TUC the CBI, the banks/financiers, THEY are the powers behind the throne with the cash and of course nowadays it takes loads of dough to get 'elected'
  • Options

Is that the clueless Brown who saved the UK banking system, if not the world (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/07/gordon-brown-moody-complex-angry-naive-saved-world, https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/feb/06/gordon-brown-save-world-uk, http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/william-keegan-gordon-brown-saved-britain-may-even-have-saved-world-1476333) and had the economy growing before the Tories got in and put us into recession?
    I see you choose unbiased reportage .. The Grauniad f f s .. the voice of the prosperous head up their arses 'left'
  • Options
    Whatever Cameron has or has not done for this country in the past, calling the referendum and losing should mean he is never seen in politics again. I fear that instead, we'll see him in the House of Lords!
  • Options
    We had a three day truce when that fantastic young woman Jo Cox's Died.
    She seemed to have the ability to be loved by all sides of the political spectrum. The Hate word was a complete anathema to Jo.
    Hate will be the downfall of mankind over the next 100 years,

I wish i had the belief in people that She had.

The scary thought is that God made man in his own image ?

That why i'm a atheist, because the alternative is a dystopian
    future in this life and the after life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daddy pig wouldn't have voted for him.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Whatever Cameron has or has not done for this country in the past, calling the referendum and losing should mean he is never seen in politics again. I fear that instead, we'll see him in the House of Lords!

I doubt that very much .. he'll do what so many ex 'top' politicians have done and make shedloadsandloads of money in the business/academic world .. the lords is for has beens, never weres and working class done well chancers .. the sooner it is closed for business, the better

• Options
    Aren't all prime ministers hated?
  • Options
    A breathtakingly incompetent and arrogant fool who called a dumb referendum because he was scared of UKIP and it never occurred to him that he might lose.
    What has now become evident is that nobody knows what to do next but Dave has bailed out so some other incompetent fool on the leave side can demonstrate how useless they are.
    I find it incredible that nobody in government seems to have made any coherent plans about what to do next. If the economy does tank then will any of them stand up and take the blame?
    What's even sadder is that most people voting leave seem genuinely clueless about what the consequences are - the main reasons given for voting leave are a dislike of immigrants and to register a protest vote(they seem to be treating it as a a general election). Nobody is articulating positive ressons.

Cameron, Johnson etc will all be okay whatever happens - it's just the rest of us that will get shafted by these incompetent fools.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Ah, the House of Lords. The epitome of democracy.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

The last place your ever see him.

He will make some serious dosh in the States following in the
    footsteps of those other Tories; Thatcher and Blair.
  • Options
    I thought Blair was the most contemptible politician we'd had in recent times but it now seems Dave and Bojo can outdo him.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

I doubt that very much .. he'll do what so many ex 'top' politicians have done and make shedloadsandloads of money in the business/academic world .. the lords is for has beens, never weres and working class done well chancers .. the sooner it is closed for business, the better

Saga Lout said:

The last place your ever see him.

He will make some serious dosh in the States following in the
    footsteps of those other Tories; Thatcher and Blair.
    As long as he stays away from politics in this country that's fine by me.
  • Options
    After Cameron, this bloke?

Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJWkS2A9T0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Abandoning ship when the tough gets going and brought about by his own selfish making - has absolutely zero dignity in my opinion.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

There's something so broken about our country when a boy who grows up foxhunting on his family's countryside estate, goes straight into Eton, Oxford and when interviewing for his first job in politics is preceded by a phone call of recommendation from Buckingham Palace - is deemed someone with the insight and real life experience to represent the entirety of the British public.

He has never known or lived in the real world and yet we've put him in charge of it.

Very good point. Understood. Still not actually his fault. He just represents something that is questionable.

Having an ex workaholic manager of McDonald's that hasn't got a pot to piss in every month after all mortgage/bills outgoings, walk into number 10 is rather unrealistic. Not to completely suggest that is what you are implying but "living in the real world" that is very largely an open ended question.

Aside from all the qualifications and education. What direct work experience should a potential priminister have on his CV? What would make him "A man of the people?"

• Options
    Am I the only one that think Cameron's played it rather well? He won't be the one to invoke article 50, his successor will have to make that choice and who really knows who it will be? What the hell are ukip going to campaign on now?

In terms of his own legacy I think Cameron will be remembered more favourably than brown, or dare I say it Blair.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Am I the only one that think Cameron's played it rather well? He won't be the one to invoke article 50, his successor will have to make that choice and who really knows who it will be? What the hell are ukip going to campaign on now?

In terms of his own legacy I think Cameron will be remembered more favourably than brown, or dare I say it Blair.

I agree actually.

I felt he did the honourable thing: the electorate disagreed with him on a fundamental issue, so he walked away allowing someone who actually believed in Brexit to take the reigns. Not only has he decided to walk away though, he's doing it in a manner to try and provide some continuity at a difficult time.

I understand people say it was a stupid choice to give a referendum, I genuinely do - but ultimately it was part of the manifesto and even that should be respected. I'm not sure any of us thought it was seriously going to happen, I know quite a few Brexit voters didn't.

The only thing I think he could've done better was to remain an impartial observer during the referendum campaign; I feel that he didn't really provide much to the Remain campaign - and a neutral that was prepared to "officiate" the debate so to speak, may have provided a more valuable offering than he ultimately managed.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but the manifesto said there would be a referendum, but not when.
    Cameron could have delayed but chose not to. He resigned because he is responsible for where we find ourselves this early in the new Parliament.
    He has to go, and the Parliament act should be changed in whatever way necessary to have a General Election before Christmas.
  • Options
    Cameron has only himself to blame. As Prime Minister he was wrong to take charge of one of the two sides. He then made things worse by panicking and introducing the scaremongering. The remain campaign was totally negative when they could talked positively about exciting opportunities. Although I voted leave, I believe that Cameron and Osbourne have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory ! We have lost a good PM, I hope that Osbourne stays on.