Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why is David Cameron hated?

To be honest I can't see why such bitterness is particularly held towards the individual.
My general opinion is he's neither great or bad.
The most centred Right wing PM possible and he and his party had a big job on their hands to sort the mess that labour eventually left us with. Global economic crisis time frame....but still, that Gordon brown was clueless.

Since his parties reformed leadership they have at least made a lot more steps in sorting this country out.
It was always going to take ages anyway.
Most politicians are lying knobheads.

Sounds like I need to be informed on things.
He called a referendum on something he didn't even want to change. Bit of an own goal but still respectful to the nations choice.

It may help if I can have a factual list of his professional and personal mistakes that make you think "what a c*nt" (I assume this list is going to be quite big)
I'm already aware of some of the things.

Not exactly someone id wana have a beer with but I still consider innocent until proven guilty to be something that's quite relevant here.

Comments

• He still has the power to call a general election NOW.

That is what should happen. This is supposed to be a democracy. We need to elect a government with public backing to see this through.

The government supported remaining in the EU. It should resign tomorrow not in three months time!
  • edited June 2016
    Read an article earlier that believed Dave would have been better in the boom times as opposed to the austerity years.

Loads-a-money and white van man would have loved Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Because like rhe way the Scottish will always hate the English much more than vice versa, left wing supporters will always hate Tory MPs with much more passion than vice versa.

The Conservatives promised a referendum as one of the main policies into the last election. The were wholeheartedly supported with a majority. They have since delivered on that promise and as a result it has cost the PM his job.

Those with power do not need to demonstrate against those without it. They need everyone to just shut up.
  • I don't hate him I see him like nick clegg I wish more politicians were willing to take a risk and put their future on the line ,

A bold brave move to allow the referendum and allow the voters decide

I don't hate Corbyn either they are all just not very good
  • And I wouldn't call the tory majority "wholehearted" really. Can't remember the numbers exactly, but I seem to remember it barely amounted to a mandate.
  • And I wouldn't call the tory majority "wholehearted" really. Can't remember the numbers exactly, but I seem to remember it barely amounted to a mandate.

It was reported that the Conservatives were elected by 37% of those who bothered to vote, or 24% of the total electorate.

• Becaue he's a tory. :wink:

That is what should happen. This is supposed to be a democracy. We need to elect a government with public backing to see this through.

The government supported remaining in the EU. It should resign tomorrow not in three months time!

But the public did elect the government, the Tories were voted in by a majority only last year. When Blair resigned he handed the reigns over to Brown so surely it should just be a case of Tories electing a new leader to then take the reigns from Cameron?

But you do make a good point on the government's support of remaining in The EU, can they still carry on after this, who knows, could it mean a mass resignation of ministers in protest at the result?
  • its not just him I hate, I dislike him because he seems to have had a privileged background that may or may not have been helped by a tax efficient offshore co/trust set up by his father. If I pay my taxes in full like most on here and so did my father then I expect any prime minister or MP to be able to claim likewise. And as for that bollox he came out with about getting companies to disclose who their ultimate owners are, give me strength...if we are all in it together then give me back all the taxes my father and I've paid over the years by not using an offshore co or trust.
  • edited June 2016
    Because he's a Tory.

Because people don't understand how Parliamentary democracy works.

Because people hate his policies.

Because people hate the fact his parents were rich and made certain decisions on his behalf.

Because he joined a club that smashed up restaurants.

Because he once said 'Call Me Dave'.

Because he's mates with Murdoch journalists.

Because he called a referendum with no plan to win it, lost it, and now the country is in crisis.

Because people think that if you are rich or own investments you must be corrupt or dodgy or avoiding taxes.

etc.
  • We are all in it. They are all together.
  • Sponsored links:

But the public did elect the government, the Tories were voted in by a majority only last year.

?
    As I said above, it was reported that the Conservatives were elected by 37% of those who bothered to vote, or 24% of the total electorate.

Or in other words, 63% of those who voted got the Government they didn't vote for.

• I don't hate him, he should be Knighted for his services to pigs.
  • seth plum said:

I don't hate him, he should be Knighted for his services to pigs.

Don't worry, Cameron will eventually be knighted anyway.

It's the old school tie club. They look after their own.

• Because he is part of the Eton/Oxford/Bullingdon elite.

Thankfully Boris Johnson looks like replacing him

You do realise that anyone who isn't 'working class, salt of the earth, etc etc' isn't automatically a prick?
    Should one reverse much of the rhetoric aimed at those who have had more privileged backgrounds, you would end up with some (well deserved.) outrage I think..
  • edited June 2016

Because he is part of the Eton/Oxford/Bullingdon elite.

Thankfully Boris Johnson looks like replacing him

You do realise that anyone who isn't 'working class, salt of the earth, etc etc' isn't automatically a prick?
    Very true, and here in the States, when you look at high-profile elected officials, there are very few who hated inequality more than the Kennedy brothers (particularly Jack and Bobby post-'63). They were born into privilege and yet both championed a social and racial equality which they would have had little experience with in their own upbringings (though they grew up on the stories of how the Irish immigrants were discriminated against in the late 19th/early 20th century).

All of that said, I don't see Cameron as a particular champion of the poor/working class.
  • Becaue he's a tory. :wink:

That'll do for me.
  • Because he touched me in my special place
  • Because he just broke our country?