Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why is David Cameron hated?

Comments

• Options

Because he just broke our country?

It was broken long before 'Dave' took over.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He still has the power to call a general election NOW.

That is what should happen. This is supposed to be a democracy. We need to elect a government with public backing to see this through.

The government supported remaining in the EU. It should resign tomorrow not in three months time!

But the public did elect the government, the Tories were voted in by a majority only last year.

?
    As I said above, it was reported that the Conservatives were elected by 37% of those who bothered to vote, or 24% of the total electorate.

Or in other words, 63% of those who voted got the Government they didn't vote for.

That's not the fault of the elected but the fault of the method used to elect governments past and present.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

That is what should happen. This is supposed to be a democracy. We need to elect a government with public backing to see this through.

The government supported remaining in the EU. It should resign tomorrow not in three months time!

He doesn't. The coalition government changed the law. Parliament could change it back, however.
  • Options

Rediculous comment ....assuming you was in the remain camp and based on that.
    Whatever the motive he had....the British public has had their say on what they want.

• Options
    Halix said:

Cos he's a massive dickhead, and he fucked a pig

You can't hold that against him, who on here can trully say they haven't?
    I can.

It was a sheep....................................and a bloody good looking one.
  • Options
    I don't hate Cameron

I think he's a bit mediocre though, and has little vision as to what he actually wants to achieve other than winning power
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

But the public did elect the government, the Tories were voted in by a majority only last year.

?
    As I said above, it was reported that the Conservatives were elected by 37% of those who bothered to vote, or 24% of the total electorate.

Or in other words, 63% of those who voted got the Government they didn't vote for.

That's not the fault of the elected but the fault of the method used to elect governments past and present.
    So by that logic, any other outcome would therefore have given MORE than 63% of those who voted the government they didnt vote for. It's not great, but it's the least worst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Because like rhe way the Scottish will always hate the English much more than vice versa, left wing supporters will always hate Tory MPs with much more passion than vice versa.

The Conservatives promised a referendum as one of the main policies into the last election. The were wholeheartedly supported with a majority. They have since delivered on that promise and as a result it has cost the PM his job.

Don't think you can pull one manifesto promise and say that is why they got a majority.

I think there is an element of truth to what you say about the devide, but not for most people. I'm very left but I have a lot of time for people like David Davis, Ken Clarke and William Hague ( until his last parliamentary act). I've even grown to like Portillo since he has left office. But they are all principled and level headed individuals in my eyes. I might not agree with them but I am genuinely interested to hear their view.

The flip side to that is Jacob Reece-Mogg and Dave. One for being the reasons you state, the epitome of everything not left and the way he revels in it. Dave because he is nothing more than a shiny salesman, like Blair. While I think Dave might actually be principled, I don't think we would know what it was until after focus groups.
  • Options
    Hate is a strong word to use but I dislike his politics with his gamble on the EU referendum fucking up the country. He comes across as condescending and double standards proves his lack of understanding of the real world. However, he is a good statesman unlike a real politician like Corbyn.
  • Options
    Unless he does some naughty stuff I respect Jacob Rees-Mogg because he seems to be what you see is what you get. He plays it straight and says what he thinks. I don't agree with him but he is not the kind of politician I would call a prince of darkness.
  • Options
    Blends in well there with the mayoral gowns and that.

I don't hate Dave, I think he was very foolish to allow Farage to push him into offering a referendum while disengaging from European Parliament and adopting severe austerity. Each one of these was a decision I wouldn't have made but to combine them all together led to a decision that he did not want and he is culpable.

• Options
    Exactly. He saw UKIP as threatening his postion as PM, took fright and offered a referendum he disn't want, in order to buy votes. Nothing to do with 'brave', or letting the country decide. He wanted another four years in power for the Tories, and suprisingly, the Brexit movement decided he should follow through with his promises.
  • Options
    The man has made the biggest political mistake in modern history. His personal opinion was always that we needed to stay in Europe as that was what was best for Britain.

He was elected to do his best for the Country and yet he gambled our future for personal advancement against all his natural instincts.

Even if this was to end up as a great success, history will always record what he has done. He should never allowed the referendum, and certainly, should never have lost it. He should never work again.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Sorry. Not having this bollocks that he was brave, offered and delivered a referendum.

He got backed into a corner about offering a referendum to head off the damage to the Tories that UKIP were doing. He assumed he'd win it and, in doing so, has truly fecked up the country.

It was about self preservation of him and his party. It's something we will all be paying for!

Or offered the referendum thinking that another Lib Dem coalition was in the offing, enabling Cameron to blame the Libs for ruling out any referendum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:

I don't hate him, he should be Knighted for his services to pigs.

It's the old school tie club. They look after their own.

So do masons. So do working man clubs. So do Sunday football teams. So do the local breakfast club. So do Internet forums.

That's life Oggy mate.

Sure. Not debating the point, AFKA.

In context of replying to Seth, just implying that this is what happens.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

?

Exactly.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Dave2l said:

Rediculous comment ....assuming you was in the remain camp and based on that.
    Whatever the motive he had....the British public has had their say on what they want.

Some might argue that the British public has had their say in what they don't want.
    "It was only 2%"
  • Options
    He's done a great job and can go down as a brilliant prime minister. He's not the type to shout his own praises - just a decent man.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Sorry. Not having this bollocks that he was brave, offered and delivered a referendum.

He got backed into a corner about offering a referendum to head off the damage to the Tories that UKIP were doing. He assumed he'd win it and, in doing so, has truly fecked up the country.

It was about self preservation of him and his party. It's something we will all be paying for!

Or offered the referendum thinking that another Lib Dem coalition was in the offing, enabling Cameron to blame the Libs for ruling out any referendum.
    I suspect several things in the Tory manifesto at the last election were "bargaining counters" ready to be dumped once they went back into coalition

Indeed, I imagine he must look back with misty eyes at those 5 years of coalition government, when he ran a stable government, and could blame Nick Clegg when his own backbenchers got angry
  • Options
    When I judge someone of this calibre I'm mostly going into it thinking the job itself....whoever is doing this job you are never going to please absolutely everyone and everything. It just won't happen.
    There will always, always be a hole to your methods and approach.

Being from a privelidged background is not necessarily that persons fault. Assuming Cameron got this position due to his privelidged background is obviously another story and problem in a sense.

Here is a question. How did he get the job in the 1st place? If he is so bad at it and you know exactly what he should and shouldn't be doing or have done....then why don't you have the job as priminster?

Do I sound a bit off with that question? Yes.
    Still relevant though.
  • Options
    Am I reading this right?
    David Cameron is all of a sudden Mother Teresa, Boris is morphing into Nelson Mandela with reconciliation and truth, Farage is a latter day Martin Luther King realising his dream, and Michael Gove is Desmond Tutu.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Am I reading this right?
    David Cameron is all of a sudden Mother Teresa, Boris is morphing into Nelson Mandela with reconciliation and truth, Farage is a latter day Martin Luther King realising his dream, and Michael Gove is Desmond Tutu.

Haha. No, youre interpreting what I'm saying (with good reason) in the wrong way.
    FYI I think Boris Johnson is a complete clown that should be nowhere near number 10.