Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Farage wants a second referendum...

Comments

• Options

I'm for remain but you can't change the rules after the event.

I think you'll find throughout history that people have changed rules when it suits them.
  • Options
    Why did 16 and 17yr olds not get a vote? They did in Scotland.

As Farrage said when he thought he was losing, this will not be the end of it. Need a second vote and let the youth have their say as well.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Why did 16 and 17yr olds not get a vote?

they should have, it is their future after all. I think Cameron just assumed victory (as the pathetic Remain campaign bears out) so didn't bother to fight the Leavers over it.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

As Farrage said when he thought he was losing, this will not be the end of it. Need a second vote and let the youth have their say as well.

The government said it would cost too much to let 16 & 17 year olds, I have no reason why it would. Bet they're regretting that decision now !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Redrobo said:

The government said it would cost too much to let 16 & 17 year olds, I have no reason why it would. Bet they're regretting that decision now !
    Does anyone know how much the campaign cost in total?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Redrobo said:

Werent both sides allocated £7.5m to campaign?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Redrobo said:

Money well spent. Going well so far - the markets seem impressed. How much have we made so far?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Redrobo said:

Didn't someone mention £350m a week???

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere...
    Don't be silly, that is the money to spend on the NHS!! LOL!!

Oh and what with new submarines, a NHS hospital built every week, supporting -Wales, Farmers, Fishermen, University research, et all, I'm not sure that we would have been able to spend anything on 16/17 year olds to vote!! (LOL)
    Also immigration will no longer be a problem, economy will boom, housing sorted - exciting times ahead!
  • Options
    Still struggling to believe Leave out that £350m number in the side of their buses given what a whopping great lie it was.

No one will be able to live up to those promises.
  • Options

Still struggling to believe Leave out that £350m number in the side of their buses given what a whopping great lie it was.

No one will be able to live up to those promises.

Once the economy has nosedived we'll have even less cash.
  • Options
    Just thought I would throw this in.

The Tories complained that Brown was not elected so should go to the country. If Cameron were to call a general election it is possible that a party who does not want to leave could get elected. There is no obligation for parliament to accept result and having been elected on the platform of remaining do just that.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

The Tories complained that Brown was not elected so should go to the country. If Cameron were to call a general election it is possible that a party who does not want to leave could get elected. There is no obligation for parliament to accept result and having been elected on the platform of remaining do just that.

The mandate of a subsequent general election could supersede the referendum, yes, but the likelihood of it actually happening is slim as things stand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Redrobo said:

That's it?!?!?! I'm pretty sure that's a Clinton/Trump day! No wonder you resorted to random figures on a bus FFS.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

The mandate of a subsequent general election could supersede the referendum, yes, but the likelihood of it actually happening is slim as things stand
    maybe if the oppostion parties united to stand on a platform of a second referendum, as Farage wanted.
  • Options
    The petition is now at 2.5Million people

I've not denigrated anybody as stupid or racist. I don't need to as the points I make either stand up or fall on their merits when challenged.

My point is that the petition is now going up at the rate of 100,000 per hour and the people are very motivated.

A week is a long time in politics so who knows where we will be in August?!
  • Options

I've not denigrated anybody as stupid or racist. I don't need to as the points I make either stand up or fall on their merits when challenged.

My point is that the petition is now going up at the rate of 100,000 per hour and the people are very motivated.

Will it even need to get to August anyway?
    It will most likely be debated or brought up next week - by then it will be known whether it will mean anything
  • Options
    I can't see there will be another referendum, how would it differ from the one we have just had?

They will have to discuss in parliament
  • Options
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I can't see there will be another referendum, how would it differ from the one we have just had?

They will have to discuss in parliament

Have any of those online petitions ever resulted in Parliament taking action to remedy whatever the purpose of the petition was ?

They seem completely pointless but people like them because they can say "look, eight hundred million people have signed it".
  • Options
    Like buses these referendums.
  • Options

Reports that the petition is fraudulent.
  • Options

If it gets past 16m (which is the Remain referendum figure) then maybe it would be relevant...