Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Tickets

Comments

• I haven't had a call yet. If someone asks me 'where my head is at' I shall do them for abusing a manic depressive.

Didn't think you surfaced till 10!
  • I haven't had a call yet. If someone asks me 'where my head is at' I shall do them for abusing a manic depressive.

You should try sleeping in when sharing a bed with Mr Tatters snoring like a rhino...

You should try sleeping in when sharing a bed with Mr Tatters snoring like a rhino...
    ......soooooo, ......how do you know what a snoring rhino sounds like?
  • Took a call asking to speak to my 9 year old grandson who has a season ticket with me. Told her he was at school and jokingly said he could call her back if she wanted. She said that would not be necessary. I said I had a season ticket "what about me " . She said I was not on her list!!!!!!
    Suspect they got their wires crossed re contact details but nice to know that I don't exist anymore.
  • I got a voicemail asking for my thoughts on renewing. Haven't got back to them yet.

Undecided. I don't want to, but if I don't, having a young family and with so much to do, I think it could be the end of me attending matches after having a season ticket since the mid 80s. Otherwise Saturdays could turn into endless children's parties and shopping in 'kin Swanley Asda. On the plus side, I could tend to the house and garden.

I won't have the organisational time to fanny (fanackapan) about buying individual match tickets so I have tough choice to make.

• I got a voicemail asking for my thoughts on renewing. Haven't got back to them yet.

Undecided. I don't want to, but if I don't, having a young family and with so much to do, I think it could be the end of me attending matches after having a season ticket since the mid 80s. Otherwise Saturdays could turn into endless children's parties and shopping in 'kin Swanley Asda. On the plus side, I could tend to the house and garden.

I won't have the organisational time to fanny (fanackapan) about buying individual match tickets so I have tough choice to make.

Stick to Swanley Asda. See you in about 18 years !
  • Sponsored links:

• East Terrace: "I dont have the organisational time to fanny about buying individual match tickets.
    Here is a surprise.It takes no time at all to turn up at the valley 45 mins before k.o.Buy the required number of tickets [there wont be queues] and watch the game.Bonus is you can choose where in a half empty stadium to sit.
    It is actually better not having a season ticket as you dont feel you HAVE to go.
  • timken said:

East Terrace: "I dont have the organisational time to fanny about buying individual match tickets.
    Here is a surprise.It takes no time at all to turn up at the valley 45 mins before k.o.Buy the required number of tickets [there wont be queues] and watch the game.Bonus is you can choose where in a half empty stadium to sit.
    It is actually better not having a season ticket as you dont feel you HAVE to go.

Is this supposed to come across as rudely as it does?
  • If I get a call and they ask me 'where my head is at', they will get a 20 min offload on work and family pressures, and how difficult I'm finding it to secure an ideal family summer UK holiday and whether they had any recommendations

come up to the Lake District, so far this summer we have had some of the best weather
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I have been offered a free ticket for a game of my choice next season. to try and entice me back.

I said can I sell it on eBay to a Tottenham fan.

Also I have just been online to see if my seat is still free and I'm shocked at the number of empty seats in the J and L Block!

In a good way I may add! Well done to all those making the tough call to boycott.

Maybe they haven't boycotted but have moved downstairs. I know 5 around me that have done that, 3 of us are boycotting.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I have been offered a free ticket for a game of my choice next season. to try and entice me back.

I said can I sell it on eBay to a Tottenham fan.

Also I have just been online to see if my seat is still free and I'm shocked at the number of empty seats in the J and L Block!

In a good way I may add! Well done to all those making the tough call to boycott.

Maybe they haven't boycotted but have moved downstairs. I know 5 around me that have done that, 3 of us are boycotting.
    I thought the same but the lower isn't that busy either IMO.
  • Jodaius said:

I got a voicemail asking for my thoughts on renewing. Haven't got back to them yet.

You don't have to buy a season ticket but you don't have to tell the wife that you haven't. Just leave home at the normal time as if you're going to the game & find something else to occupy your time :-)
    Nothing too fun mind you - it'll be a dead giveaway if you return home from "watching Charlton" with a smile on your face.
    Check the score before you get in, then say a few cliches when you return

"Jacko worked hard, but his legs have gone"

"{inset name of useless foreign signing} was terrible"

"problems with the trains, putting a 4 car unit on the 17:07 is disgraceful"

etc
  • #headsgone
  • When they offered me a free seat due to the complaints about the nets I gave them a brief rundown of why I didn't want it and would not be renewing. Maybe that's why they haven't phoned me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Back in the dark days when we played at shit Hurst park I refused to go and joined the valley party instead. Charlton fans were divided then and I believe that we are divided now . The fact is you have to do what you believe is right, personally I support both those who renew and those who chose not to.
  • They haven't phoned me either. Think it could be because everytime they send me an email with so called offers (catering etc) I reply saying i wouldn't be giving the Belgians a penny more of my money. Don't know if the replies are received by a person but i like to think they are :-)
  • timken said:

East Terrace: "I dont have the organisational time to fanny about buying individual match tickets.

But you can't be in two places at once and 45 mins before k.o is pub time.
  • Just had a call from a London number on my mobile, it was one of those pesky "You have had a non fault accident in the last five years." Not sure they appreciated why I didn't want to get a CAFC season ticket.
  • When they offered me a free seat due to the complaints about the nets I gave them a brief rundown of why I didn't want it and would not be renewing. Maybe that's why they haven't phoned me.

I think you may have something there Andy? All my communications with them end #notuntiltheyvegone do you think it may have sunk in?
  • cfgs said:

Just had a call from a London number on my mobile, it was one of those pesky "You have had a non fault accident in the last five years." Not sure they appreciated why I didn't want to get a CAFC season ticket.

I'd have been all over that, especially if I'd been hit by a beach ball. ;)
  • Answer to Braydex. No it is not/was not intended as rude just my genuine experience of attending matches at the valley over the last 12 months or so .The baggage of having a season ticket having been discarded for the freedom of going to watch the games I want to and not watch the games I dont.[obviously if you have a season ticket you dont HAVE to go but as you have paid you feel more obliged to].
    Having said all that I do STRONGLY feel it is wrong to buy a season ticket as you are funding the regime with your money up front.
    It could of course be argued that attending any matches is funding them but I can live with that.
  • If you don't have a season ticket but attend lots of matches you could end up giving them more money
  • If you don't have a season ticket but attend lots of matches you could end up giving them more money

But it's not money up front, and not money they can rely on either

But it's not money up front, and not money they can rely on either
    You have an hour then get off the mobile!