Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    'Inspired' meaning cheap signing, good luck Russ, you are going to need it.

If we're not in the top 6 by Christmas he'll be out the door.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

The man who put the Russell in Brussel ( almost), maybe Roland just felt his name was just a bit Belgian enough to give him a go.

he'll probably have to change his name to Brussels Lade

• Options
    http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Football-League-NEWS-Russell-Slade-announced-new/story-29365556-detail/story.html

These guys have announced us as a league two club, only 12 months early fellas!
  • Options
    I don't respect anyone who would choose to join Charlton under its current ownership.
  • Options

"A press conference to officially unveil the Addicks' new Manager will take place at The Valley on Tuesday"

First question. So Russell, will you be allowed to sign your own players?

If yes, we have a chance.
    If no, then nothing has changed.

Of course to the public it will be a yes though!!
    I think we will know the answer pretty quickly once the first few players sign on the dotted line.

I would expect there will be a honeymoon period. The problem will come as soon as results falter because at that point Slade will be in a weaker position to resist the interference.
  • Options
    Do you think he knows anything that has gone on at Charlton since the dynamic duo took over ? Gone by Christmas I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Time to get behind the team. Hope the players and Manger don't get booed this season before they are given a chance.

I agree still wont be getting season tickets but willing to give Russell Slade a chance hoping the ethos of the club has changed. Was telling myself should be going to Welling or Bromley next season but at the end of the day I am a Charlton supporter and always will be through thick and at the moment very very thin days. Its the hope that kills you!
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m
    BREAKING | Russell Slade makes Kevin Lisbie 1st signing as Manager of Charlton Athletic #PlayerCoach --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/lisbie-back-first-signing-player-coach-3135685.aspx … #cafc

Now that is in every sense a blast from the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Truly inspired.

• Options
    I don't doubt Slade, i doubt what he has to work with above him.

Leave him to build a squad, use his experience, get the quality he knows we need to make an impact and it could be a pleasant season. Thing is I have little faith he will be given the time, resources, the independence to do so.

Good luck, will be behind him.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m
    BREAKING | Russell Slade makes Kevin Lisbie 1st signing as Manager of Charlton Athletic #PlayerCoach --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/lisbie-back-first-signing-player-coach-3135685.aspx … #cafc

Wow it's years, maybe even literal decades since I was last Rick Rolled.

• Options

"A press conference to officially unveil the Addicks' new Manager will take place at The Valley on Tuesday"

First question. So Russell, will you be allowed to sign your own players?

If yes, we have a chance.
    If no, then nothing has changed.

Of course to the public it will be a yes though!!
    I think we will know the answer pretty quickly once the first few players sign on the dotted line.

It will be released players who have not had much football so are a risk, Duane Holmes, older pros who hadn't really even done it at League One level, Ricky Holmes and a few small fees for League 1 & 2 players who are not good enough to play higher and a couple of oldies hoping to extend their careers another year. Nothing to suggest we can or will push for promotion.

• Options
    edited June 2016

I hope journos especially the local ones ask the right questions at the press conference. Specifically does he have full control over the signings, loans etc.

Squirrel face will butt in and give her nervous smile when questions to Slade hit a nerve.
  • Options
    Decent appointment for L1. Just hope he can sign the players he wants
  • Options
    phil parkinson level of manager. Will make us a solid side but nothing to shout about and we might sneak up via playoffs but i'm not holding my breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm happy with Slade. Was managing in the division above last season and did a decent job. Was in a job when we hired him suggesting his last club rated him enough to keep him involved in their setup. Has managed at this level before with relative success and certainly never 'effed up any of the clubs he's been at, a la what Dowie and Pardew did to us.

His role as manager, and the type of manager he is, is a step in the right direction in my opinion. If this is backed up with him and Head being in charge of player recruitment then it will go a long way to repairing some of the damage done.

As I've said before, I still don't care who owns/runs the club as long as they run us like a proper football club. IMO, Slade is the kind of appointment a proper football club would make so there is nothing for me to be upset about by this appointment. I hope the apparent change of approach continues to manifest itself in our summer transfer dealings.

You were doing well to the final paragraph, and the opening sentence.
  • Options
    Orient fan next door rates him. Reckons he can build a team based on team spirit that can overachieve. Also reckons with our owner that's a big ask. Yup.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Orient fan next door rates him. Reckons he can build a team based on team spirit that can overachieve. Also reckons with our owner that's a big ask. Yup.

Were Orient not streets ahead in the League, then lost out in the play offs. He has never got a team promoted, that won't change now. Uninspired appointment.
  • Options
    I work for Leyton Orient Trust and all I ever heard from colleagues was Slade is a good guy.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Were Orient not streets ahead in the League, then lost out in the play offs. He has never got a team promoted, that won't change now. Uninspired appointment.
    Who were you expecting to be appointed ? Serious question.

• Options
    Slade's job at Cardiff was to get rid of the big earners, and replace them with cheaper players. I have a feeling that is the first thing that Duchatelet will be asking Slade to do.
  • Options
    Prepared to give him a chance - presuming he says he has control over signings and the side - but will never stop loathing Daisy and Roland. But fail to see how one man can turn things round when his boss was, is and always will be an arrogant control freak.
  • Options
    RD. Welcome Russell you have complete say over who you can sign. Complete I promise.

As long as it's from the following list !

No. Position Player
    1 Hungary GK Szabolcs Balajcza (captain)
    2 Hungary DF Tibor Nagy (on loan from MTK)
    3 Belgium DF Jonathan Heris
    4 Hungary DF Dávid Kálnoki-Kis
    5 Hungary DF Róbert Litauszki
    6 Hungary MF József Windecker
    7 Belgium MF Kylian Hazard
    8 Hungary MF Balázs Balogh
    9 Hungary FW László Lencse
    11 Montenegro FW Mihailo Perović
    13 Hungary DF Dávid Mohl
    14 Hungary MF Gábor Nagy
    15 Hungary DF Ákos Kecskés (on loan from Atalanta)
    No. Position Player
    17 Republic of Macedonia FW Viktor Angelov
    18 Montenegro MF Bojan Sanković
    19 Serbia MF Nemanja Andrić
    20 Mali MF Souleymane Diarra
    21 Hungary MF Benjamin Balázs
    22 Hungary FW Péter Kabát
    23 Hungary GK Dávid Banai
    25 Hungary FW Zoltán Gere
    26 Hungary MF Benjámin Cseke (on loan from MTK)
    27 Hungary MF Bence Pávkovics
    28 Hungary FW János Lázok
    29 Republic of Macedonia MF Enis Bardhi
    32 Hungary GK Zoltán Kovács
    88 Hungary MF Attila Filkor
  • Options
    But Igor will be allowed to leave!