Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone else confused about next season?

Comments

• Options
    Support the team not the regime. We are the club, they are the custodians and the team are the employees. Sod the custodians but support the employees. We are the club.
  • Options

So it's a no then?
    Let's be clear about this. If we are near the top of the league and playing attractive football under RD you will not attend home games?

No
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I HATE what these people have done to my club; I HATE them for consigning 100 years of history to the bin; I HATE them for what they have planned (or not) for the future; and I HATE them for depriving me of going to watch my team on a Saturday.... need I say any more?

Exactly this.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I find our current situation depressing . I don't support the regime but could see Charlton being destroyed .The demonstrations themselves will put potential investors off .

I have said before that I see Duchalet and Miere as part of a wider problem in football ownership . It now takes a billionaire to own a club as big as Charlton and there are not many of those around . I think the Belgians have been incredibly naïve .When the FFP rules were amended they did not have enough flexibility to change strategy . Miere has been stupid with some of her media comments

Last Saturday and Yesterday I realised I still do care . I was jumping around like a mad man when United and Barnsley won at Wembley and with the Wombles winning today we do have some interesting games next season.

Does anyone really hate the Belgians enough to want to see us lose to the Spanners?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Sometimes you have to put the patient in a coma. I could cope with another relegation.

Jesus I have read it all now.
    You probably didn't understand it, to be honest.
    Handbags at the ready.
  • Options

So if we are near the top of the league and playing attractive football you still woul not attend?

Absolutely. If Twoshits by some miracle managed to get us in to the "champions" league, I'd still be going to away games only. Not another penny of my money will go into Twoshits's pocket.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Please accept my apologies if I have upset anyone with any of my posts. Trying to be topical and provoke thought and debate. I'll shut up now.

Wouldn't worry about it mate, they'll all be back if by some miracle we're top of the league after Christmas!
    Some may, most won't.

if you seriously imagine this joke of a regime could conjure up a manager and squad that will have us top of the league, I'll have some of what you've been taking, it's obviously stronger than anything I can get my hands on.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I find our current situation depressing . I don't support the regime but could see Charlton being destroyed .The demonstrations themselves will put potential investors off

I'm sorry but that is bollocks. We know of three interested parties (Varney, Tutt and Elliott) and even Roland has admitted numerous enquirers regarding a sale.

• Options
    addick05 said:

I HATE what these people have done to my club; I HATE them for consigning 100 years of history to the bin; I HATE them for what they have planned (or not) for the future; and I HATE them for depriving me of going to watch my team on a Saturday.... need I say any more?

So, is that a yes or a no?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Please accept my apologies if I have upset anyone with any of my posts. Trying to be topical and provoke thought and debate. I'll shut up now.

Wouldn't worry about it mate, they'll all be back if by some miracle we're top of the league after Christmas!
    I won't!
  • Options
    We could be top by 10 points at Christmas and I still wouldn't attend home games with the Roly and Katie on board. That would make a complete mockery of it all. Have a moan if it's going tits up but bury your head in the sand and pretend it's alright when we're doing ok?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

It's not really that simple though is it?
  • Options
    If your username starts with Essex does that also mean "club apologist"
  • Options

So if we are near the top of the league and playing attractive football you still woul not attend?

Absolutely. If Twoshits by some miracle managed to get us in to the "champions" league, I'd still be going to away games only. Not another penny of my money will go into Twoshits's pocket.
    Really?

I'm not going to join his debate but top four in the Premier League and you'd still not be going?

Just out of interest with 20,000 plus season ticket holders (top four Premier League) how do you suppose you would get a ticket for any away games?
  • Options

Really?

I'm not going to join his debate but top four in the Premier League and you'd still not be going?

Just out of interest with 20,000 plus season ticket holders (top four Premier League) how do you suppose you would get a ticket for any away games?
    Cross that bridge when we get to it I think !
  • Options
    In terms of the original question, no I'm not confused at all. Never been more certain in fact. I want nothing to do with this charade until the regime has gone. I have no desire whatsoever to watch league 1 football played in all likelihood by a bunch of misfits under a coach who I'm likely never to have heard of in a soulless valley with five or six thousand people there. Not my club. I'll be back when they've gone. I'll turn up for mass protests and the like but the football side of all this is dead to me now. Wouldn't surprise me if we're doing an AFC Wimbledon in a few year's time
  • Options
    I want success, I just don't know on what terms I'd accept it?
  • Options

Let's be clear, I hate this regime. I fully accept we deserved to go down. I understand why managers are reluctant to join us. I support CARD. But, I do think we could go down again and I don't want that. That could mean years before we recover.

I supported the theory that if it takes going down to get rid of this shameful mob, then it's a price worth paying. But, what if they stay. And, they keep making ridiculous mistakes? Where does it end?

Maybe, I should just think that we will bounce back one day. I'm not so sure.

Thoughts, anyone?

AFC Charlton!

Worked for Wimbledon!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Let's be clear, I hate this regime. I fully accept we deserved to go down. I understand why managers are reluctant to join us. I support CARD. But, I do think we could go down again and I don't want that. That could mean years before we recover.

I supported the theory that if it takes going down to get rid of this shameful mob, then it's a price worth paying. But, what if they stay. And, they keep making ridiculous mistakes? Where does it end?

Maybe, I should just think that we will bounce back one day. I'm not so sure.

Thoughts, anyone?

AFC Charlton!

Worked for Wimbledon!
    Did it really though? What they have achieved is fantastic but they are nowhere near where they were and are, in all likelihood, going to struggle in the third division.

I'm not sure we could call it success if in 14 years we just get back to the third division in a stadium that has a capacity of c 4,500 with plans to build (but no funding for) a 12,000 capacity ground. Wimbledon were never as big a club as Charlton and are probably, realistically, about where they should be. We are not!

As much as I was impressed in their achievements and excited for them, I really don't want that for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    braydex said:

Whilst I do not 'support' Southend Utd. they are 10 mins from us. So we have now bought season tickets to watch them this season. Not with the intention of becoming southend fans, but just to get our football fix, and I do have a soft spot for them as our local club.

As for the other season ticket holder - he and his mates, 3 of whom were all CAFC season ticket holders too (all over 60), have now purchased season tickets for Maidstone. Again, they just want their football fix and it's their nearest club.

Sounds like this is being replicated across the fanbase. I've got myself a season ticket to Folkestone Invicta (my hometown club) next year, will be going with old friends who all grew up in Folkestone with me. Five minutes from my house, beers in the stands with my mates, community spirit. Just what football should be all about.

If this is happening across the south east as people boycott the RD regime the club really risks losing a lot of people who may not return. I fully intend to be back at The Valley once RD is gone, but I know I'm risking starting a habit at a new club which may be hard to break.
  • Options
    Season tickets at Southend are £350. They have their own problems. Old stadium and proposed new stadium. Just survived their umpteenth HMRC winding up order. I went to a few games there last season to get a perspective of what League 1 football is like also to be entertained......

The standard was very similar except for a couple of players who should be playing at a higher level and will leave at the next transfer window.

I can understand the fears of many of those who post on here and their decision to boycott, what more can they do. The gap between the haves and have nots is getting wider and wider and we NEED to be the right side of the fence.

• Options
    I say get behind the team as a bad start could be disastrous and relegation could see us slide into non league football. Look at the likes of Luton.
    Surely a purchase of a season ticket an 100% vocal backing of the players is likely to get a better result than where we are presently.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I say get behind the team as a bad start could be disastrous and relegation could see us slide into non league football. Look at the likes of Luton.
    Surely a purchase of a season ticket an 100% vocal backing of the players is likely to get a better result than where we are presently.

Perhaps, the wider thought that you are suggesting is along the lines of "this regime will go one day but nothing CARD or any of the fans do will make any difference". You might be right. You might be wrong.

Does it make those protesting against the regime feel better? I can only speak for myself and it certainly doesn't make me feel good to be acting (admittedly, only in a small way) against the club I have supported for over 50 years. However, I think I am contributing (in a small way) to getting shot of this regime sooner rather than later.

They might be a stubborn lot but they can't be enjoying it and they are almost certainly looking for an extra strategy which will become more realistic over time, I suspect.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Great post and fair comment.

Assuming a suitable buyer can be found. I don't think RD will miss the revenue for the loss of season tickets.
  • Options
    I'm thinking that any likely manager or players will view this forum and be thinking I'd rather not come. Sad.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The whole situation is a mess, and to me there's no right thing to do, it's up to individuals to choose.

What has struck me, is that many of the people buying season tickets for other clubs (whether lower league on non league) are mainly living a considerable distance from The Valley, well outside of the "natural" catchment area of a football club. I imagine its easier to make such a decision in such circumstances, than if you lived in say Woolwich or Blackheath
  • Options
    Through health issues I haven't attended more than a handful of games this season and because of what's happening to our club I originally decided that I wouldn't be attending next season.

I've now decided that the madman Duchatelet and his minions are not going to come between me and Charlton Athletic. It's what I do on Saturdays and have for 55 years win, lose or draw. I support the shirt and all it stands for. I'll protest and not spend a penny more than I have to but he's not going to destroy the Charlton that's in my heart.