Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anyone else confused about next season?

Let's be clear, I hate this regime. I fully accept we deserved to go down. I understand why managers are reluctant to join us. I support CARD. But, I do think we could go down again and I don't want that. That could mean years before we recover.

I supported the theory that if it takes going down to get rid of this shameful mob, then it's a price worth paying. But, what if they stay. And, they keep making ridiculous mistakes? Where does it end?

Maybe, I should just think that we will bounce back one day. I'm not so sure.

Thoughts, anyone?

Comments

• Going down again would be good in terms of finishing off the 92. Pretty devastating apart from on that, but you know, silver linings.
  • Sometimes you have to put the patient in a coma. I could cope with another relegation.
  • Confused about next season? It hasn't been crystal clear what the regimes plans are since they took over. The only thing that is clear is they can't run their own bath.
  • I hate relegations, I don't want another one. but I don't know how far down we will have to drop before incompetents like KM and RD find their natural level - but it will be a long way further down. I hope for a better season next year than this, but let's be honest - it will happen in spite of the regime, not because of them. I want Roland to leave and take the squirrel with him. If we have to rebuild from the fourth tier, I will be gutted, but the question is that thes people go, then we rebuild. Anything else is houses built on quicksand.
  • Uboat said:

Sometimes you have to put the patient in a coma. I could cope with another relegation.

Jesus I have read it all now.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    By the way, when are you invading the directors lounge? Maybe I missed it.
  • Ask anyone. Once you've lost a customer, (in this case fans) its very difficult to attract new ones. With a poor start we could easily see crowds below the 10,000. In my opinion the strike or boycott is more damaging and has more effect to the fan base than those running the club. It's a entertainment business
    And the majority do not want to boycott. You take the rough with the smooth.

Go ahead shout me down but that's my thoughts and everyone is welcome to our own opinions.
  • So if we are near the top of the league and playing attractive football you still woul not attend?
  • Ask anyone. Once you've lost a customer, (in this case fans) its very difficult to attract new ones. With a poor start we could easily see crowds below the 10,000. In my opinion the strike or boycott is more damaging and has more effect to the fan base than those running the club. It's a entertainment business

Go ahead shout me down but that's my thoughts and everyone is welcome to our own opinions.

Agreed. The trouble for me is that I am not being entertained

Crowds will be around 7,000 to 8,000. Less for cold midweek winter games against Northern opposition with small away followings.

The claim that those not attending are doing more damage to the owner and CEO is clearly ridiculous. The clueless owner and out of depth CEO are putting forward a substandard product on the pitch backed up by poor ticketing, marketing, media, press, and stadium management.

It may be your opinion, but in my opinion, you have got things completely upside down.
  • So it's a no then?
    Let's be clear about this. If we are near the top of the league and playing attractive football under RD you will not attend home games?
  • Yes or no answer
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited May 2016
    So your assumption @Essex_Robin is that by some miracle that Duchatelet amateurish, inept and crackpot strategy, that has so failed so far spectacularly, will somehow yield a team that plays attractive football and will get Charlton somewhere near the top ?

Can I have a yes or no on that specific question.

At this time most of the key positions in the club that need to be in place are unfulfilled, Duchatelet refuses to relinquish control over squad and strategy, and the same flawed strategy is in place with an utterly useless CEO in place. Duchatelet also does not want to pay the going rate for decent experienced British players, and will likely get Meire to enforce the selling of anyone decent on high wages with replacement with poorer replacements.

Your attempt to enforce a question about a completely hypothetical and unlikely situation is ridiculous.
  • Atmosphere at home games is going to be like a grave - 'hardcore' will be boycotting and there'll be no noise to be heard from us, as those who will still attend our unlikely to be ones to make a sound. On the other hand, away games could be excellent; home boycotters will go to much more and we'll see some higher away crowds than normal I should imagine. If we start well plenty will come back, but if we're mid table at the business end than a January Tuesday Night v Northampton could see us struggle to hit 5000 actual people there.
  • So it's a no then?
    Let's be clear about this. If we are near the top of the league and playing attractive football under RD you will not attend home games?

Whoa, did you not read my reply?
    Quote: No, do not intend to go to home games irrespective of League position unless regime sells up.

But not sure where you are going with this and posting a message which simply says 'Yes or No answer' appears to me to be somewhat aggressive in tone.

• I'm confused every day mate
  • not meant to be aggressive
  • You've answered the question though.
  • Please accept my apologies if I have upset anyone with any of my posts. Trying to be topical and provoke thought and debate. I'll shut up now.
  • Please accept my apologies if I have upset anyone with any of my posts. Trying to be topical and provoke thought and debate. I'll shut up now.

Wouldn't worry about it mate, they'll all be back if by some miracle we're top of the league after Christmas!
  • Essex_Al said:

Please accept my apologies if I have upset anyone with any of my posts. Trying to be topical and provoke thought and debate. I'll shut up now.

Wouldn't worry about it mate, they'll all be back if by some miracle we're top of the league after Christmas!
    So what was the average last time we were in league one, 21,000 maybe? Are you seriously saying that we will have the same average?
    Tell you what let's just take the average from Christmas. It still won't be anywhere near that whatever we are doing in the league and we ain't gonna be top that's for sure.