Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

1340341342343344346»

Comments

• Options
    Had a ticket for the Norwich City , Leeds game today.
    Louis Thomson one time target for Charlton made his debut for Norwich.
    He looked o.k. after a quite start.
    Box to box footballer who made some decent defensive challenges and a good penetrating runs into the Leeds box.
    Looks as if he may be part of the Norwich first team squad and unlikely we will be able to take him away from Carrow Road.
    Goalkeeper had a bit of a mare, surprised Ruddy didn't start after last weeks blunder at Brighton.
    Hope they don't want Rudd back.
  • Options
    Dont think they're allowed to recall Rudd (Hence why he was able to play today)
  • Options

Dont think they're allowed to recall Rudd (Hence why he was able to play today)

I believe they can in the window. Or if they only have one fit keeper.
  • Options

Had a ticket for the Norwich City , Leeds game today.
    Louis Thomson one time target for Charlton made his debut for Norwich.
    He looked o.k. after a quite start.
    Box to box footballer who made some decent defensive challenges and a good penetrating runs into the Leeds box.
    Looks as if he may be part of the Norwich first team squad and unlikely we will be able to take him away from Carrow Road.
    Goalkeeper had a bit of a mare, surprised Ruddy didn't start after last weeks blunder at Brighton.
    Hope they don't want Rudd back.

Not Thompson's debut. He made that in 2014. Also played in the league cup this season.

May have been his first league start though.
  • Options
    Yes I think it was his first league start.
    Some made him mom. although that wasn't difficult as Norwich were generally poor.
    They looked nervy.
    Leeds looked quite good, neat football and should have been two up in the first ten minutes.
    Chris Woods was a handful for the Norwich defenders.
  • Options

Some made him mom. although that wasn't difficult as Norwich were generally poor.
    They looked nervy.
    Leeds looked quite good, neat football and should have been two up in the first ten minutes.

The wheels seem to have come off a bit for Norwich over the last couple of games.
  • Options

They looked nervy.

The wheels seem to have come off a bit for Norwich over the last couple of games.
    Alex Neil under some pressure from unhappy fans.
    Local opinion seems to give the bloke another month.
    Plenty of decent players in the squad, Naismith,Dorrans, Pritchard etc but they are certainly under performing at the moment.
    Johnny Howson's injury not helping.
  • Options

They looked nervy.

Alex Neil under some pressure from unhappy fans.
    Local opinion seems to give the bloke another month.
    Plenty of decent players in the squad, Naismith,Dorrans, Pritchard etc but they are certainly under performing at the moment.
    Johnny Howson's injury not helping.
    Bringing in McGovern and sending Rudd out on loan was a controversial call too...
  • Options
    Must be back to the drawing board for the scouts now , ripping up he list of possible signings ... they were all 'Slade's signings' and players he wanted after all :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So who will Foley and Crofts be joining in January?
  • Options
    If they don't like the price then don't buy. That's their choice.

If we don't like the fee we don't have to sell. That is our choice.

If Ade wants to go we will sell, but there will be an auction. CP were said to be offering £6mil in summer. The bidding starts there.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter how much he goes for as Charlton won't see any of the cash, it'll all go in Duchatelet's back pocket.
  • Options
    Ade is 18 and will soon be playing under his 5th manager. Add in however many assistants/coaches etc. I'll hazard a bet that's not good for his development. If I was him I would want to go...
  • Options

Ade is 18 and will soon be playing under his 5th manager. Add in however many assistants/coaches etc. I'll hazard a bet that's not good for his development. If I was him I would want to go...

Ade is actually 19... ;)
  • Options

Ade is actually 19... ;)
    Point still stands! :p
  • Options

Agree but a move to the premiership without sensible loans in place which is very difficult for an 18 year old to make work can be a disaster and we can all reel off examples.

Just my opinion but I believe he would be far better served career wise by staying put for the whole of next season. He would then at age 19 have 40 or so games under his belt and have a much better chance of making it when he does move both in football and emotional terms.

• Options
    Think he will need Championship Football next season to improve himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well he'll get that at Charlton next season......now where did I put those tablets?