Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Options

when you are in a position like ours then ALL registered players should be played, regardless of their wants to get away. They can go nowhere until January so they should knuckle down & play. Tex & Ba are better than most we have playing for us so they should be in the 18 man squad.

and if they refuse, fine them.
  • Options

when you are in a position like ours then ALL registered players should be played, regardless of their wants to get away. They can go nowhere until January so they should knuckle down & play. Tex & Ba are better than most we have playing for us so they should be in the 18 man squad.

Finally, people talking sense!

Use the assets we have got, otherwise Slade/Katrien/Roland/Driesen, whoever makes the decisions, only has themselves to blame.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Big appearance bonus perhaps?

Maybe signed on a massive win bonus but is now too ashamed to show his face?
  • Options

Zara has got to be one of the most over rated footballers of his generation. Solly puts him in His pocket each time we have played against them.

Ap

And if they refuse sack them for breach of contract - no need to pay it up then
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    THOMAS IN DEMAND

A number of Championship clubs are closely monitoring Hartlepool's Nathan Thomas, according to Sky sources.

Charlton have shown the strongest interest in the 21-year-old winger, who is likely to leave in January, and are hoping to secure a move for a fee of around £750,000 when the transfer window opens.

But they face competition from Wigan, Wolves, Birmingham and QPR, who have all watched him this season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Thomas_(footballer)
  • Options
    Is he the replacement for Lookman, Holmes or Botaka?
  • Options

THOMAS IN DEMAND

A number of Championship clubs are closely monitoring Hartlepool's Nathan Thomas, according to Sky sources.

Charlton have shown the strongest interest in the 21-year-old winger, who is likely to leave in January, and are hoping to secure a move for a fee of around £750,000 when the transfer window opens.

But they face competition from Wigan, Wolves, Birmingham and QPR, who have all watched him this season.

His wikipedia reads like he is dropping down the leagues at a rate. Why is he suddenly thought as being worth £750k?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    iaitch said:

I reckon Lookman will be favourite to go, plus Teixiera of course.
  • Options

iaitch said:

KM said Lookman would not be sold in January, surely your not intimating she is a liar?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

iaitch said:

KM said Lookman would not be sold in January, surely your not intimating she is a liar?
    Just prone to changing her mind.......
  • Options
    Did Katrien say that Lookman would not be sold in January? I didn't listen to the interview on talksport but did read the thread an I didn't remember that.
  • Options

Did Katrien say that Lookman would not be sold in January? I didn't listen to the interview on talksport but did read the thread an I didn't remember that.

She told it to Bromley Addicks before the Coventry match I think.
  • Options
    she didn't say though that Lookman wouldn't leave on a free.
  • Options
    If we are paying £750000 someone is definitely being sold
  • Options

THOMAS IN DEMAND

Are you sure it's the Hartlepool player and not the 44 year old Australian water polo player?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

THOMAS IN DEMAND

Are you sure it's the Hartlepool player and not the 44 year old Australian water polo player?
    Surely Latrien cannot fuck that up?

The water bills are gonna go through the roof aren't they? Oh bollox!!!
  • Options

THOMAS IN DEMAND

Surely Latrien cannot fuck that up?

The water bills are gonna go through the roof aren't they? Oh bollox!!!
    We could have kept the old pitch and saved a fortune!!
  • Options
    Think his agent is needs a few quid for Christmas. No doubt he is a talent, but £750k i think is a bit excessive.
  • Options
    If there is any truth in the other clubs that are looking at him this guy will not even glance our way, they are all in the Championship which is a place we will not be in next season.
  • Options

ross1 said:

iaitch said:

Just prone to changing her mind.......
    He will only be sold if we get a ridiculous offer, i.e. £2.50 and a half eaten Mars bar.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Suspect there might be something in this and not as a replacement for anyone.

He is left footed so offers something different to our other wide men. We never replaced JBG and Harriott.

I cannot see the fee being £750k for a player signed on a free last January on a eighteen month contract.
  • Options
    It will be a replacement for Lookman guaranteed.
  • Options
    Driesman watching Hartlepool matches on his laptop. Get a life. Better still get out of our club.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

He is left footed so offers something different to our other wide men. We never replaced JBG and Harriott.

I cannot see the fee being £750k for a player signed on a free last January on a eighteen month contract.

And we were trying to sign James Henry (another wideman) in August. The fee sounds like agent talk, but the idea this may be the sort of player we are after is completely plausible.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

He may well be a traget, see he is injured and hoping to come back "fitter and stronger" from a groin injury.

A few good games does no make him worth that sort of fee, but then I have never seen him play.

Hoping for better in central mf and after just failing to sign before the window shut I will be disappointed if not signed on the day the window opens. If it a loan I would expect them to be training with us ahead of move so he is fit to play on day 1.