Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Motorbikes

124»

Comments

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    Recently returned to bikes.  Only been away for a few years but really missed not having a bike.  No sports bike for me in my 60’s.  Love the retro style.  Bought a secondhand Triumph T120 Bonneville.  Great bike - love it.  My 6th Triumph over many years...but definitely a fine weather rider theses days.
    March 51's Triumph Bonneville is sitting in the garage. I would love to learn how to ride it and use it. I'd have to fix it first - I asked the Triumph Owners Club guys if it would be easy when we were at his wake. They told me dad had a tendency to fix things with gaffer tape. What a way to find out your old man isn't a master engineer. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I had a problem starting my old CBR600F when warm. They charged me a lot and it turned out it hadn't been fixed. 

Before that when I traded in my CBF125 they listed it for more than I'd given John Riley for it 4000 miles earlier. I also have a mate who agreed a sale to them then they reduced the offer at the 11th hour. So they feel like chancers compared to other dealers I've used. 

I had a problem with my PS125, it was stuttering and cutting out when idling. They charged me nearly 70 quid for diagnostics and said there was nothing wrong. 

I took it to a guy in Mile End who listened to the bike. He took out the fuel injection unit and showed me all the dirt in it. He put another one in and charged me 30 quid.

I never had a problem after that. Did over 30,000 miles on it.