Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vacant positions at Charlton

Comments

• "We are not failing!"
  • Dr is sorted.image
  • 5 Wright's don't make a wrong

Unless the 5th Wright is a girl and marries Mr Wrong and has babies?
  • edited May 2016
    Something that occurs to me from that list - is there a chance the Academy could lose its Cat Two status? (Never mind gain Cat One!)
    For example, I believe that the Club Doctor's contact details are supposed to be one of the pieces of information handed to new apprentices when they join the club. I wonder if RD knows his precious puppy player farm might be at risk?
  • Forget this is our club for a second, imagine any reasonably-sized business operating with so many key positions vacant, and where long-serving staff have left, and all under an inexperienced CEO who has managed to alienate 'customers' and the media. And where that business is failing spectacularly. Would any board or any shareholders just sit back and do nothing? So what kind of businessman does that make Duchatalet? Seems a bloody lucky one who has let others build his success. A Belgian Mike Ashley, with similar results.
  • mogodon said:

Forget this is our club for a second, imagine any reasonably-sized business operating with so many key positions vacant, and where long-serving staff have left, and all under an inexperienced CEO who has managed to alienate 'customers' and the media. And where that business is failing spectacularly. Would any board or any shareholders just sit back and do nothing? So what kind of businessman does that make Duchatalet? Seems a bloody lucky one who has let others build his success. A Belgian Mike Ashley, with similar results.

I run a relatively small business and I would be struggling without a few of my key people, and I'm in a position where I can cover most things myself. Some of the positions they have vacant are for professional people, positions that aren't easily covered by others.
  • No fans next season they way they are going...
  • Charlton Athletic's Youth Academy is one of the most successful football academies in the country - there's a unique opportunity to be a part of this great organisation. Interested? Read on...
    That is the opening line to the phase coach roles haha definitely unique!
  • Head Troll now that PL54 has left the building.
  • HandG said:

Shambles!! But I'm sure they have a contingency plan after Wilder...,,

Given Roland "wasn't planning for relegation" even though it had been staring us square in the face and punching us on the nose for about six months I wouldn't have much hope of that ...
  • Sponsored links:

• No ambition
  • No credibility
  • Just say NO
  • Additionally, we are currently advertising for:

a Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Academy £16-18k (though how someone with the required 3 years experience with elite athletes and graduate qualifications I sports science is still on 16k for a 35hr + matches week I'll never know)

A U17-21 Phase coach £21-25k

An U12-16 Phase coach £16-18k

If anyone wants to see the Spec for the Commercial Manager role

http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=2d4861d2d94783a8&from=serp

Club also recently advertised for an Accounts Admin £17.5k

You'll love this put at the bottom of the 'spec':

"Please note that due to the high level of swanning about to conferences by our CEO we will probably ignore you anyway."

How very recent Charlton

• No players capable of defending set-pieces.
  • Additionally, we are currently advertising for:

a Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Academy £16-18k (though how someone with the required 3 years experience with elite athletes and graduate qualifications I sports science is still on 16k for a 35hr + matches week I'll never know)

My mate's son is strength and conditioning coach at Bradford Bulls, he's earning £30k + . He said he would expect a lower league S & C coach in London to be on at least £28k.

You pay peanuts...
  • They've been trying to recruit a commercial manager for £35k - unsurprisingly there were no credible takers, so they went up to £40k. Looks as if they have also switched agencies.
  • Nobby Vinegar can do all this and more !
  • No sanity.
    No brain cells.
  • Sponsored links:

• From Twitter via Paul Everett ‎@everett_paul

CAFC has

No Manager
    No Asst Manager
    No Director of Football
    No Chief Scout
    No Commercial Manager
    No Head of Comms
    No Doctor
    No Sport Scientist
    No Fitness Coach

But we have a CEO who tells us that we're trying for promotion "as soon as possible"

CEO??
  • No Cushions for the fan sofa.

• There's a vacancy in Katriens skull.

Brilliant.
  • edited May 2016
    That's a long list of vacant key roles at Charlton. Is the below list correct? Who are the last two missing?

No Manager - Jose Riga (resigned)
    No Asst Manager - Jose Jeunechamps (resigned)
    No Director of Football -
    No Chief Scout - Phil Chapple (resigned)
    No Commercial Manager - Felicity Waller (resigned)
    No Head of Comms - Mel Baroni (resigned)
    No Doctor - Dr John Fraser (retired?)
    No Sport Scientist - Jared Roberts-smith (resigned?)
    No Fitness Coach - ?
  • edited May 2016

From Twitter via Paul Everett ‎@everett_paul

CAFC has

No Manager
    No Asst Manager
    No Director of Football
    No Chief Scout
    No Commercial Manager
    No Head of Comms
    No Doctor
    No Sport Scientist
    No Fitness Coach

But we have a CEO who tells us that we're trying for promotion "as soon as possible"

Thinking about it after reading @WestCountryAddick 's post, the longer the vacancy list grows then the more difficult it becomes to run the club and execute whatever plan RD is trying to push through. Maybe the key to it is getting to a place where KM is the only one from the SMT left in the building literally because nobody worth there salt will work for a pittance salary or last any longer than Mel Baroni did in which case at what point does enough become enough for RD?
  • We've got a ticket office lady though..!
  • I heard a great joke earlier...

Charlton Athletic FC
  • The lack of urgency in recruiting for these positions makes me think Roland may be selling up.

Manager position aside the other roles have been vacant for months.
  • If Chris Parkes resigns they won't even be turning up for away fixtures on the right day and will be playing suspended players.