Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst British manager we could appoint...

Comments

• Options
    Forget nationality, clearly from the collapse of the Wilder deal (if it was ever really on) that Roland plans to carry on interfering. So any manager will be someone willing to allow someone else to control key aspects of the playing side such as transfers and even team selection. No credible or self-respecting manager would allow that. So we will get a stooge, and a second-rate on at that. Happy summer everyone.
  • Options
    The Wilder thing was just like the Baroni thing, only in fast-forward. Well done Roland .
  • Options
    Many people thought he wouldn't last until the start of the season, but we had to overachieve.
  • Options
    I suspect this thread has more than a little overlap with the new shortlist KM has drawn up on her masters orders.
  • Options
    Km won't know who any of these people are
  • Options
    I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Paul 'Sex Addict' Jewel, the cheeky scouser, who presided over Derby County's record breaking worst ever Premiership season, and then followed it up with a similarly miserable spell at Ipswich Town.

He would be at the bottom of my list.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    SDAddick said:

Peter Reid.

Malkay Mackay, both as a human being and as a manager. He succeeded with Cardiff in the Championship with a massive budget and the rest of his career is meh.

Paul Jewell because of the mental image you've just had.
    Michael Appleton
    Colin Wanker
    Tim Sherwood

I did
  • Options
    Oh, I'm also going to throw Roy Keane into the mix.
  • Options
    Don't want McClaren. Always had him down as an arselicker and he may be interested in another nice payday and do just as he's told.
  • Options
    Don't waste your breath folks. It's Nobby Vinegar all day long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Don't want McClaren. Always had him down as an arselicker and he may be interested in another nice payday and do just as he's told.

We couldn't attract the former manager of Halifax, Oxford and currently Northampton. I wouldn't worry too much about ex Premiership and England Managers.
  • Options
    All this talk of other managers is unsettling Nobby. He wants Liar Liar to include a clause in his contract to provide counselling during the season to help him cope with all the negative comments that will fly his way. She said OK but you are not having it in writing. You will be gone by Christmas anyway.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I'd pay to be present in that interview though!

Or how about Graeme Souness?
  • Options
    All the ex managers that do a stint on Sky and BT Sport, if they're any good they would surely have a job in football.
  • Options
    This would be fun. He does have 'working with clueless and deluded owners' on his CV.image
  • Options

This would be fun. He does have 'working with clueless and deluded owners' on his CV.image

What happened to him
  • Options
    Apparently coach of Brunei DPMM and the Brunei national team!
  • Options
    Deeply suspicious of anyone who wants to be our Manager! Almost certainly means that they are not suitable!
  • Options

Christ, forgot all about him.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

SDAddick said:

I'd pay to be present in that interview though!

Or how about Graeme Souness?
    Would love to see a series "Keane on Souness/Souness on Keane."

On the subject of Keane, I'd like to throw Martin O'Neil into the mix. I think it's gone overlooked just how many terrible signings on high wages he made at Villa, and how it started their decay (including when he fielded a weakened team in the Europa League). I think he is the perfect example of the classic British Manager not working in the modern game without oversight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The point is British manager to shut up fans I really don't think they care about credentials, look at it this way, they get in a crappy British manager he does really badly, they sack him and say they tried it our way and it didn't work and brink back in the network rejects.
  • Options
    Graham Westley is also looking for a club
  • Options
    Paul Ince ?
  • Options
    Has anyone said Aidy Boothroyd yet?
  • Options
    Mark Bowen? Can't see him leaving Hughes' side though, especially for this madhouse.
  • Options
    But Martin O'Neill was an amazing manager for a few years.
  • Options

Apparently coach of Brunei DPMM and the Brunei national team!

Won the Singapore Premier League with DPMM!!

Dont knock him
  • Options
    Reckon the club should look at the fellas on Community Payback,good job they were going up at Queen Mary's last week and, at the end of the day, they ain't got no fuckin choice if they want the job or not