Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Battle of the East Stand

What happened near the end of the game?

Looked from the North like someone got blocked trying to invade the pitch, was treated to what looked like an assault by two stewards to such an extent dozens of fans then broke out to rescue him. Stewards led away looking hurt and think the fan escaped.

Regardless of people running on the pitch, there were dozens of incidents today like this witnessed by thousands where the physical force employed by non Police stewards was complete disproportionate, outright assault.

Comments

• Hitting someone, actually, doing anything to hurt someone because they are attempting to run onto the field of play is such a disproportionate reaction as to be a criminal offence.
  • From my POV it looked like the hurt steward was one of the normal ones, not one of these blood hungry blue guys?
  • The chap that ran away from the incident in a blue, while and yellow striped top was being held against a fence by two Policemen as we left the East Stand via the Sam Bartram entrance.
  • Lad didn't run on to the pitch, he ran in front of a sky camera with a poster.
  • Just in front of us a Burnley guy got a bit too close to a blue nobber, he was about number 300 on the pitch by this stage. Blue nobber tried to grab him forcefully, despite not being the handiest the guy managed to send him off and just slipped away before being brought down. He made it into the pack and clearly blue nobber wasn't going anywhere near that. Well done mate just got away with it.

On the way out a lead blue nobber had managed to catch a dad with his probably 12 year old daughter as they made it onto the pitch because of the press behind them.

The blue nobber had him in a wrist hold and the guy was saying his daughter had just been sick and what was he going to do with 2000 people pressing against them. I saw them run on and if anyone who knows the guy reads this, we will happily provide witness supports.

Only sorry didn't say so at the time.

• Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

The club must be brought to account for this and all the other incidents today

Completely agree. I hope CARD are preparing a formal statement. I very much doubt that the club will acknowledge any complaints, but it would be good to get a statement out to the wider press.
  • It looked like they were going to break his arm. It looked like they were trying to.
  • Was just in front of me. Bloke ran in front of the sky camera holding a poster. As he was coming back he was apprehended by the bloke in the orange bib and a guy in blue. The guy in orange gave him a very heavy 'dig' a few times unprovoked so a load of blokes intervened and got him back in the stand.

Heard he got arrested anyway, but great to show the bullies we have the real power. The steward wasn't hit, but was held in a head lock for quite a while.

• did people see the chap in the Directors box get pushed to the concrete steps and hurt his arm by one or two of the blue brigade? definitely assault in front of hundreds of fans, he should sue.

I saw it from where I sit in NWQ,bang out of order and the guy was lucky to not be more seriously hurt
  • Sponsored links:

• Was just in front of me. Bloke ran in front of the sky camera holding a poster. As he was coming back he was apprehended by the bloke in the orange bib and a guy in blue. The guy in orange gave him a very heavy 'dig' a few times unprovoked so a load of blokes intervened and got him back in the stand.

Heard he got arrested anyway, but great to show the bullies we have the real power. The steward wasn't hit, but was held in a head lock for quite a while.

What was he arrested for? As he didn't enter the field of play.
  • The one guy who got onto the pitch off the east (I think) running around and building up the crowd, we were crying at how good that was.

My son asked me what would happen to the man, I hope the answer is very little. If he gets a sentence that Is a disgrace
  • The one guy who got onto the pitch off the east (I think) running around and building up the crowd, we were crying at how good that was.

My son asked me what would happen to the man, I hope the answer is very little. If he gets a sentence that Is a disgrace

How long was he allowed to run round? Bet he was thinking hurry up and catch me, I fooked.

Curb-It?
    That made me laugh.