Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some of our fans getting West Ham season tickets

Comments

• Im more upset that fans are buying Charlton season tickets under this lot

Know what you mean but i think i'd rather buy a season ticket under a douchebag led Charlton than one for that lot. Mind you,seeing as we are all contributing so much to their stadium we might as well!
  • I don't buy this for a minute. There are no West Ham season tickets available and what sort of mug would pay £10 to sit on their waiting list forever?!

If they are 'pulling strings' to get season tickets then they are just massive twats for doing proper West Ham fans out of a ticket.
  • Bye then.
  • edited May 2016
    I know two former West Ham fans who first came to the Valley as away supporters in the Seventies, fell in love with Charlton, became Charlton fans overnight and I don't know any more avid Charlton supporters. As original West Ham fans, even they wouldn't countenance going to West Ham next season.
  • I know fans are boycotting which I understand but there are a small number of our fans who have decided to go and support West Ham instead. I'm that is being a traitor. I have no problem if they wanted to get a ST at a local non league club because it's grassroots level. But West Ham are a majorly established top flight team. Nothing wrong if it is to watch one random game to tick the ground but to get a ST there after supporting Charlton for so long (even if the owner is a clown) I repeat is being a traitor.

I don't know anyone who has ever decided to ditch his support for his club for another, except for children.
    Usually a club is for life, you might stay away for a while or never go again but change? Nope. If so were not really Charlton supporters to start with.
    But if true they must have decided this long ago, as Olympic East End have a waiting list for new season tickets.
  • I know fans are boycotting which I understand but there are a small number of our fans who have decided to go and support West Ham instead. I'm that is being a traitor. I have no problem if they wanted to get a ST at a local non league club because it's grassroots level. But West Ham are a majorly established top flight team. Nothing wrong if it is to watch one random game to tick the ground but to get a ST there after supporting Charlton for so long (even if the owner is a clown) I repeat is being a traitor.

Total bollocks.
    West ham fans at work talking about how difficult it is to get a season ticket with a previous match purchase history , what makes you think CAFC are just going to rock up and get a ST?
  • If they do then it's their call and we shouldn't worry about it (although Squirrel Face and Roland ought to). They may be more football fans who prefer the Premier League than the dross we have been serving up for some time. I would, however, argue they are fair weather fans and not real supporters. I can't imagine ever properly supporting (as opposed to keeping an eye out for or going to when there's nothing else on) any other club, however low we sink.
  • edited May 2016
    Well, if the Pearly King or Queen outfit fits... I say wear it!

I don't like jellied eels so it's a no for me!
  • Ive always wondered what happend to the 10 thousand odd fans We've lost since the prem days?

Probably just went back to doing what ever it was they did before they chose to become Charlton 'supporters'. They was only ever there for the opposition anyway.

• Ive always wondered what happend to the 10 thousand odd fans We've lost since the prem days?

Probably just went back to doing what ever it was they did before they chose to become Charlton 'supporters'. They was only ever there for the opposition anyway.

Has anyone checked down the back of the sofa????
  • Sponsored links:

• If they are they aren't Charlton fans and can just fuck off!
  • IAgree said:

I enjoy grass roots football and will be taking in some Maidstones games next season until the glorious day that RD sells up.

Grass roots?? There might only be one league between the two teams next year which for me, as someone who has always followed Maidstone, is a bit disconcerting.
  • I'm tempted by Bromley this season I think.

A short 15 minute walk away, decent little ground with a nice little pub. Just not too sure about the ratio of nigels.
  • edited May 2016
    msomerton said:

Not possible for a Charlton fan to buy a West ham season ticket now, they have sold out and have 20,000-30,000 on a waiting list for any that come up.

Where have all these WHU fans come from? I remember being able to get on the home end at Upton Park quite easily when the away end was sold out quite easily.
  • edited May 2016
    The prices are cheap, I have West Ham cousins they can buy a season ticket for the price of the top 5 or 6 games at Upton Park, they mostly have had big reductions in cost.

I am going to Blackheath Rugby I think next year, dont really understand the game but there is always time to learn.
  • Charlton also have a big waiting list for season tickets....it's no big deal.

Just have to wait for Mandy to crawl out of katriens ass every afternoon and answer your call where you've been on hold for 3 hours with a happy customer que behind you.

Won't forget to remind you where in the champions league next season
  • Ring, Ring....... Thank you for calling Charlton Athletic, sorry we can't take your call at the moment as nearly all the staff have gone. Mandy is waiting at Charlton station for the 11.30 train from Cannon st so she can give Katy a piggyback the rest of the way in and Richard is hiding under the stairs. So if you could press
    One for the NHS call centre
    Two for A&E
    Three for X-Ray
    Four if you have a teenage son that looks a bit useful and we might get a few quid for next year.
    Five for West Ham season tickets, remember to use the code (World Cup Winners 1966)
  • msomerton said:

Not possible for a Charlton fan to buy a West ham season ticket now, they have sold out and have 20,000-30,000 on a waiting list for any that come up.

Where have all these WHU fans come from? I remember being able to get on the home end at Upton Park quite easily when the away end was sold out quite easily.
    Essex mainly, they've always been a massive club. If you turn up to any ground looking like a lost chuckle brother without a ticket, they're bound to let you in out of sympathy.
  • I'll probably have to go to West Ham next year as my young son is now a west ham fan.

I tried hard to make him an addick. In hindsight the mistake I made is that I took him to watch Charlton.

Twice..

During Karel Fryes tenure..

I have said this before and it's not targeting you in particular Smudge, but how come I know dozens of people who tell me they support Man Utd/Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool because their Dad would have thrown them out of the house if they were anything else, and yet Charlton fans allow their lives to be dictated to by a nine year old? Unique... :wink:
    No worries.

I don't support Charlton because I think the badge is pretty!

Id been promising to take him for a while. I told him it was a Christmas treat to watch the wolves match. The day started well. Louis Mend? interviewed us for BBC London, my son confidently predicted a 5-0 win.
    He had a great time at that 'family day' playing tennis and meeting the mascots who aren't flloyd and Harvey.

Then the game started. Frye worked his magic, no shots of any note, our best pass was that note to JJ and we had tears at full time because 'Charlton lost.'

I promised to make it up to him at Colchester. Most people talk about the laundry basket incident, my biggest memory was the tears at half time because 'Charlton are losing to a rubbish team.'

Living in Essex, half the population and most of his school support the 'ammers. I genuinely believe that we will be fighting relegation next year and the future isn't that bright at all. I would feel a cruel daddy to inflict more Charlton on him.

Some of the damage this regime has done is permanent.

• My mate keeps asking me to go to Dulwich Hamlet. I might take him up on the offer. I might also go to a few games at Bromley. I'm not far from there. Also fancy going to Dartford. A few games at the Valley too.
    Does that make me a slut?

Even if (God forbid) Charlton go out of existence I would not support another team. I would still take an interest in football but get a season ticket for another team? Never.
  • Sponsored links:

• pickwick said:

The prices are cheap, I have West Ham cousins they can buy a season ticket for the price of the top 5 or 6 games at Upton Park, they mostly have had big reductions in cost.

I am going to Blackheath Rugby I think next year, dont really understand the game but there is always time to learn.

Pickwick. You do know that the Ist XI are playing at Well Hall next season before they hopefully move back to the Blackheath area the season after?

When it comes to clubs who can make comments about others being glory hunters, Millwall aren't one of them. .
  • Most of them were football fans who take every opportunity to watch live top quality professional football in packed modern stadiums at affordable prices.

Some, during this period probably formed an attachment to Charlton and became Charlton supporters. The rest were football fans. Not 'Glory Hunters'. Football fans.

• pickwick said:

Pickwick. You do know that the Ist XI are playing at Well Hall next season before they hopefully move back to the Blackheath area the season after?
    No wonder the promotion challenge imploded if they played X1 when all the other teams had XV

:smile:

• Possibly Ebbsfleet for me for the odd game but I'll more likely watch Gravesend Rugby Club and/or Old Gravesendians. Partly for lazy reasons as my house backs on to both and it takes all of two minutes to walk there. Really can't envisage a return to The Valley with this mob in charge. Was really hoping to ignite my grandsons interest in CAFC but he has zero interest right now and is veering dangerously towards Chelsea (maternal grandparents influence). Shame after him wanting the Charlton kit 3 years back.

Like a few others, I feel we'll be involved in a relegation battle next season unless there are some drastic changes.

For all the criticism the Belgian 20 (or so) received on another thread, I think this battle will ultimately be won in Belgium. It seems to embarrass Duchatelet there.

• These are football fans not Charlton fans. I've only ever been to watch a game not involving Charlton twice and that was to accommodate relatives visiting from abroad that wanted to take in a local game. I've still got the picture on my wall of me beaming at half time at Hillsborough as the wendies end of season party was spoiled by Exeter 3-1, whilst the natives were looking less than impressed.
    No room in my heart or calendar for any other club.
  • Can never understand how people change clubs. Very strange and from what I hear they are all sold and a waiting list where you have to pay a tenner to be on?

PS

Charlton always for me with a passion and proud!
  • I'll probably have to go to West Ham next year as my young son is now a west ham fan.

I tried hard to make him an addick. In hindsight the mistake I made is that I took him to watch Charlton.

Twice..

During Karel Fryes tenure..

I have said this before and it's not targeting you in particular Smudge, but how come I know dozens of people who tell me they support Man Utd/Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool because their Dad would have thrown them out of the house if they were anything else, and yet Charlton fans allow their lives to be dictated to by a nine year old? Unique... :wink:
    No worries.

I don't support Charlton because I think the badge is pretty!

Id been promising to take him for a while. I told him it was a Christmas treat to watch the wolves match. The day started well. Louis Mend? interviewed us for BBC London, my son confidently predicted a 5-0 win.
    He had a great time at that 'family day' playing tennis and meeting the mascots who aren't flloyd and Harvey.

Then the game started. Frye worked his magic, no shots of any note, our best pass was that note to JJ and we had tears at full time because 'Charlton lost.'

I promised to make it up to him at Colchester. Most people talk about the laundry basket incident, my biggest memory was the tears at half time because 'Charlton are losing to a rubbish team.'

Living in Essex, half the population and most of his school support the 'ammers. I genuinely believe that we will be fighting relegation next year and the future isn't that bright at all. I would feel a cruel daddy to inflict more Charlton on him.

Some of the damage this regime has done is permanent.

Same situation for me. Living in Surrey the whole school is Chelsea (with the normal smattering of Arsenal).

In terms of myself, as others have said you can't just support any old team as an alternative. How could you cheer with passion and feeling when they score?

But likewise with my son, I can't make him love a football team and that's the damage the regime have done. If he doesn't want to go to something I can't drag him kicking and screaming for an afternoon of shite at the valley.

As a parent, you want your kids to be happy. People who don't have children will be miffed that it is possible to love your kids more than Johnnie Jackson but it's true folks. If he wanted to be taken to a Chelsea game for his birthday then that's what I would do for him.

• edited September 2016
    Uboat said:

Ha ha ha. Glad they're enjoying it.

So glad I bought a season ticket there though, it was thrilling ;-)