Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some of our fans getting West Ham season tickets

I know fans are boycotting which I understand but there are a small number of our fans who have decided to go and support West Ham instead. I'm that is being a traitor. I have no problem if they wanted to get a ST at a local non league club because it's grassroots level. But West Ham are a majorly established top flight team. Nothing wrong if it is to watch one random game to tick the ground but to get a ST there after supporting Charlton for so long (even if the owner is a clown) I repeat is being a traitor.

Comments

• are there?

How many?
  • Let them go. Can't be much of a supporter if they can bring themselves to get a S/T elsewhere.
  • Katrien's next club. Natural successor to Karren Brady.

If Katrien had half the business acumen of Karren Brady we wouldn't ba in half the trouble we are now - she certainly would t be working for Roly that's for sure.
  • They're doing well then given there's a waiting list.
  • Not Charlton fans then are they ?
  • are there?

How many?

• Ive always wondered what happend to the 10 thousand odd fans We've lost since the prem days?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016

I know fans are boycotting which I understand but there are a small number of our fans who have decided to go and support West Ham instead. I'm that is being a traitor. I have no problem if they wanted to get a ST at a local non league club because it's grassroots level. But West Ham are a majorly established top flight team. Nothing wrong if it is to watch one random game to tick the ground but to get a ST there after supporting Charlton for so long (even if the owner is a clown) I repeat is being a traitor.

Never understood this attitude. I can understand paying to watch shit football played by the team you have supported since you were a boy. I have done it enough times over the years. But to pay to watch shit football for the sake of watching shit football? Played by part timers who seem to be hardly better than yourself? In a shitty little ramshackle stadium?

If you are a Charlton fan and you have decided to boycott them whilst they are owned by the existing owners (which I can understand) but like watching live professional football at week ends, and you can afford it, I see nothing wrong with opting to watch West Ham for a year. It does't mean you are not still a Charlton fan. It simply means you also like watching and appreciate live top quality football.
  • Not possible for a Charlton fan to buy a West ham season ticket now, they have sold out and have 20,000-30,000 on a waiting list for any that come up.
  • Fans wouldn't do that. Customers might.
  • Stop talking crap. There is a long waiting list for season tickets at West Ham . Random Charlton fans would not get a look in. This is just one of those threads to wind people up written by some brainless moron who has too much time on his or her hands.
  • are there?

How many?

2%
  • No they're not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Being an ex-West Ham fan (Ray Stewart was my favourite player) who went to Upton Park regularly until the age of 12, I have always preferred the colours Claret and Blue to Red and White.

Once I started going to The Valley though, there was no turning back.
  • msomerton said:

Not possible for a Charlton fan to buy a West ham season ticket now, they have sold out and have 20,000-30,000 on a waiting list for any that come up.

this

plus I don't believe it in any case
  • I enjoy grass roots football and will be taking in some Maidstones games next season until the glorious day that RD sells up.
  • edited May 2016
    I had a season ticket at Upton Park once (I think).
  • Don't really have a problem with it myself, each to their own.

They get to watch better quality football, at not a bad price... a no brainer if you're not too attached to Charlton? I wouldn't do it as I'm foolishly too attached to our club, but they'll be a few short miles away watching a very good team with exciting players like Payet, playing against the best in the country/world and getting to see European football as a kicker.

We'll be watching us getting pumped at home by the likes of Shrewsbury in front of 6-8 thousand fans in stony silence. The price of being a 'fan'!
  • I'll probably have to go to West Ham next year as my young son is now a west ham fan.

I tried hard to make him an addick. In hindsight the mistake I made is that I took him to watch Charlton.

Twice..

During Karel Fryes tenure..

I have said this before and it's not targeting you in particular Smudge, but how come I know dozens of people who tell me they support Man Utd/Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool because their Dad would have thrown them out of the house if they were anything else, and yet Charlton fans allow their lives to be dictated to by a nine year old? Unique... :wink:
  • Don't think the issue is "Charlton fans" getting WHUFC season tickets. It's the casual supporters that we are losing. I am afraid there is a bit of "heads in the sand" about this issue from previous posters on this thread. Following relegation to League 1, loss of gate receipts is going to be a serious issue for CAFC as these are going to be a bigger proportion of income than when in the Championship.

This was discussed on a previous thread.
    forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2471950/#Comment_2471950

That group of casual supports that used to share tickets to the Valley I mentioned in the other thread have now managed to get 2 x season tickets at the Olympic stadium. They joined the waiting list approx. 12 months ago and now have confirmation. A group of approx. 6 casual supporters will share them and hope to buy the odd match ticket on the day/evening to make up numbers. They are effectively a group of "customers" they are making a choice as per Katrien's idea of weirdness.
  • Casual supporters will always move around, that's the nature of football especially in London where there is a choice of clubs. I'm sure Fulham gained some of our PL "supporters" when we got relegated to the Championship, and I dare say West Ham's expanded fanbase will have gained a few.

Having said that, from the upper tier of the Olympic Stadium you'll be a long way from the pitch, so I think a few people there will be a bit disappointed with the experience