Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match protest pictures

Comments

• seth plum said:

ME14addick thank you for your kind words, and your kind words yesterday. Thanks to the Charlton and also the Brighton fans who stepped in outside and extricated me from the grip of whoever it was behind me and was propelling me, I was unable to see who it was who had grabbed me and was manhandling me.

I hope the police have been contacted.
  • Oakster said:

Meire is inside on the phone seeing if she can send the protestors on loan to Aston Villa for the rest of the season...

I think they need the input. Apparently they were throwing paper planes yesterday... pah! We was doing that a couple of seasons back, the amateurs!
  • edited April 2016

RedChaser said:

@ME14addick you been up to your tricks again :wink: .
    No that wasn't me, as soon as the blinds came down, I told them in the suite that my match day experience had been spoiled and came down to join the protest. Totally unnecessary to do that today, those running our club will never learn. When outside I did ask Mick Everett why it was considered necessary to pull down the blinds and he said it wasn't his decision.
    His position is very questionable as far as I'm concerned.

He's a man that claims to have a good rapport with the supporters, and has a history at Charlton - but whilst those around him have had the respect to remove themselves from the situation he's happy sitting in the directors box watching his underlings (i.e The stewards) further create a chasm between the club and its fans.

I think I have more respect for the kiosk operators, the individual stewards and those caught up in this mess at the bottom. Surely with Mick's experience at the valley he could be doing far better, and isn't he now part of the Senior Management Team that we're all complaining about?

Edit: removed something incorrect.
  • seth plum said:

ME14addick thank you for your kind words, and your kind words yesterday. Thanks to the Charlton and also the Brighton fans who stepped in outside and extricated me from the grip of whoever it was behind me and was propelling me, I was unable to see who it was who had grabbed me and was manhandling me.

There should be enough footage. I think all of these reports should be submitted to the police and the authorities.

Oakster said:

Meire is inside on the phone seeing if she can send the protestors on loan to Aston Villa for the rest of the season...

I think they need the input. Apparently they were throwing paper planes yesterday... pah! We was doing that a couple of seasons back, the amateurs!
    Jesus, paper planes are a celebration for us!
  • LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

No that wasn't me, as soon as the blinds came down, I told them in the suite that my match day experience had been spoiled and came down to join the protest. Totally unnecessary to do that today, those running our club will never learn. When outside I did ask Mick Everett why it was considered necessary to pull down the blinds and he said it wasn't his decision.
    I've got no respect what-so-ever for Mick anymore. I know it's been discussed before on here - and it's not a popular view - but the more I see of him sitting up beside Katrien the more I can't help but equate him to the level of RM.

He's a man that claims to have a good rapport with the supporters, and has a history at Charlton - but whilst those around him have had the respect to remove themselves from the situation he's happy sitting in the directors box watching his underlings (i.e The stewards) further create a chasm between the club and its fans.

I think I have more respect for the kiosk operators, the individual stewards and those caught up in this mess at the bottom. Surely with Mick's experience at the valley he could be doing far better, and isn't he now part of the Senior Management Team that we're all complaining about?
    Mick answers to Keohane I believe so credible that it wasn't his decision.
  • LenGlover said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

I've got no respect what-so-ever for Mick anymore. I know it's been discussed before on here - and it's not a popular view - but the more I see of him sitting up beside Katrien the more I can't help but equate him to the level of RM.

Mick answers to Keohane I believe so credible that it wasn't his decision.
    Answering to Keohane sounds about right, and does lead me to some sympathy for the guy. I still feel he's pretty much complicit in this mess though.
  • seth plum said:

They are too busy fingerprinting all the beach balls and toilet rolls so they can make the mass arrests in dawn raids that last month's joint Met/CAFC statement threatened us with
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2016
    LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

The guy sitting next to and "guarding" KM is NOT Mick Everett.

He doesn't sit in the Directors Box either.
  • Carter said:

Twat had no balls as I had my 14 year old son with me and two of his mates

Me and @WSS went in the other exit to hook up with you and the others and one stewards reaction was to burst into tears. We hadn't even done anything at that point!

Proud to be part of that, they didn't have a clue it was coming
    I saw that steward go off in tears. A bit bizzare!
  • It was nice to speak to you @seth plum.

I have tried to upload the video I took but it is telling me that the MP4 file is not allowed. Not being very tech savvy I don't know how to upload the file.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    WSS said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

Very happy to be proven wrong.

Not sure where I got that from, Mick is still generally quite close to the protests though?

It just sounds like his position must be close to untenable with Tony meddling and his relationship with the fans has suffered severe damage.
  • Ketman said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

Mick Everett spends pretty much whole game in the police control tower to the right of the west stand. So please get your facts right before posting shit like this.
    I just responded to being corrected, and I'm going to edit my post.

Get back in your box.
  • Ketman said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

Mick Everett spends pretty much whole game in the police control tower to the right of the west stand. So please get your facts right before posting shit like this.
    Mick told me that he was in the police control tower for all this match
  • edited April 2016

It was nice to speak to you @seth plum.

I have tried to upload the video I took but it is telling me that the MP4 file is not allowed. Not being very tech savvy I don't know how to upload the file.

I have nothing to hide, but at the same time I am not mindful to persue this matter so it is OK if the file thing does not work. There were plenty of witnesses anyway.
    For the curious I can be very awkward and very verbose and passively obstructive. Yesterday at no time did I shout or swear, and at no time did I initiate any physical contact with anybody else.
    If some people are verbally assertive, cutting, and hit nerves, for some others that is enough to provoke a physical response.
  • seth plum said:

It was nice to speak to you @seth plum.

I have nothing to hide, but at the same time I am not mindful to persue this matter so it is OK if the file thing does not work. There were plenty of witnesses anyway.
    For the curious I can be very awkward and very verbose and passively obstructive. Yesterday at no time did I shout or swear, and at no time did I initiate any physical contact with anybody else.
    If some people are verbally assertive, cutting, and hit nerves, for some others that is enough to provoke a physical response.
    I can't believe that! :wink:

• As Mick said on Thursday he has seen many owners come and go!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Addickted said:

LuckyReds said:

WSS said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

It just sounds like his position must be close to untenable with Tony meddling and his relationship with the fans has suffered severe damage.
    One thing this regime hasn't done is break Mick's relationship with the fans, despite Tony Bollocks' interference and attempts for Mick to disassociate himself from those fans.

Bollocks, is very jealous of Mick's ability to communicate with us at all levels.

Considering he's not been a well man and he has now lost his closest confidant and friend in JL, the close season is not going to be easy.

Agree totally.

Mick is not the enemy and your attacks on him @luckyreds are unwarranted
  • I know many will say they don't care or bring it on but Tony Cahones and his stooges monitor CL and other social media to try and identify protesters' names.

I suggest we're all careful naming others and check the security settings on Facebook etc.
  • That isn't the Keith Peacock Suite and I'm not sure in which room that sign appeared. You could well be right.
  • edited April 2016

I know many will say they don't care or bring it on but Tony Cahones and his stooges monitor CL and other social media to try and identify protesters' names.

I suggest we're all careful naming others and check the security settings on Facebook etc.

After my emails about Target20K and the Roland Duchatelet meeting I did notice some interesting viewers on LinkedIn funnily enough.

I also now have quite a few club staff members being suggested under the "Do you know?" section.. although I also get Peter Varney now too, so that may mean nothing!
  • edited April 2016
    Addickted said:

LuckyReds said:

WSS said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

One thing this regime hasn't done is break Mick's relationship with the fans, despite Tony Bollocks' interference and attempts for Mick to disassociate himself from those fans.

Bollocks, is very jealous of Mick's ability to communicate with us at all levels.

Considering he's not been a well man and he has now lost his closest confidant and friend in JL, the close season is not going to be easy.

I'm genuinely happy to stand corrected there then mate.

I'm aware of JL's departure but not of any health issues, it sounds like a tough time for the man. As Charlton fans I think it goes without saying that we all wish the best in health for each-other.

Addickted said:

LuckyReds said:

WSS said:

LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

Agree totally.

Mick is not the enemy and your attacks on him @luckyreds are unwarranted
    As I say, I'm "very happy" that I'm wrong - and clearly I do owe him an apology.

I just find it a hard situation to get my head around; I've seen him tweet a lot of historic Charlton photographs and it's clear that Charlton runs through the man's veins. So it's completely understandable that he has an affinity with the fans, and I'm sure his role is primarily coordinating and advising on matters of safety.

I still find it difficult to reconcile that with the fact that we've had numerous people report stewards being heavy handed - against some of our own posters - and you would expect that they're reporting to him? I now understand that Tony has obviously taken a more "hands on" approach than I would initially have expected, although I'm not surprised.

Once again, I'm not saying he's in an easy position - quite the opposite. I just find it hard to believe that his relationship with the fans hasn't been severely damaged though, and combined with Tony now directly meddling with what I assume are Mick's duties, his position must be pretty difficult right now - arguably with no sign of improving.
  • I know Mick Everett personally from when I was Chair of Medway Addicks, he's Charlton through & through & a top bloke in my honest opinion.
  • Mick is a diamond.
  • LouisMend said:

Covered End wants his Charlton back

How can I get a copy of this pic? Who's is it? @LouisMend

No particular reason why I would like it, ahem, but it makes me chuckle!!
  • I know I could copy off here but its a bit blurred at the side. Wonder if I could get a better copy.