Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 23/4/16

Comments

• fk taken.....we win it...and win a throw...4 mins left + injury
  • jbg has the ball...fanni...jbg.....we win a throw
  • edited April 2016
    Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Been up most of the night with food poisoning, not been a good week for my body. Was sick at halftime and now feeling better.

Don't think it's quite as bad a match as some are saying. We definitely have quality. How much of our struggles is Riga's shortcomings, and how much is the team he interhited/having to build a team in February is something we'll never know the full answer to. Really hope this isn't my last time seeing Teix, Johann, and Diarra in a Charlton shirt. Both are just a class above. Wouldn't blame either for leaving, but they ooze quality.

I just don't understand why every excuse under the sun is wheeled out for the long term network employee Riga when he has barely improved on the rightly ridiculed Fraeye. He's had more time, much better players & yet we are much worse off.

I always thought he was the acceptable face of the network - is he also now the acceptable face of mediocrity.
    I'd hardly say it's every excuse under the sun but people are more forgiving of him because he a) did a good job last time and b) was handy the really shitty end of a shitty stick when he arrived.

True he was given a rag to wipe it clean, but it was an old rag that was a bit dirty anyway.

I haven't really seen anyone vociferously defending his record time because he has failed, but just like when some people wanted Powell gone, others can see extenuating circumstances for the poor results. And also just like with Powell there is a period on his CV to suggest there might be something there as a coach.
  • I got kicked out for throwing balloons... LOL!

Didnt appreciate being pushed around when I said I'd go quietly!

Always thought you were a troublemaker. :wink:
  • throw taken ......jbg...diarra....lennon.....something happening in the crowd.....lots of chanting....jbg...to fanni...crosses
  • Cardiff 2 Bolton 1
  • RedChaser said:

aliwibble said:

I'd forgotten Sanogo was still here.

May Day bank holiday coming up, wonder if he's looking for another long weekend off work :open_mouth: .
    Told ya! :smiley:
  • flare in pen box....fans trying to break into directors box.....ref stops the game...
  • Colchester relegated
  • toilet rolls now appearing
  • Sponsored links:

• 88' Play is stopped again after a smoke canister is thrown on the pitch #cafc #CAFCLive
  • PL54 said:

Oggy Red said:

I got kicked out for throwing balloons... LOL!

Didnt appreciate being pushed around when I said I'd go quietly!

Assaulted by stewards?

I hope so
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUCbnlFons8
  • 89' The action is resumed #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Welling lose 5-0
  • game restarts....lennon....fox.....lookie....harry...shoots....keeper saves well
  • that is silly can be dangerous !
  • crowd sound very agitated
  • 8 mins added time
  • 90' Stockdale makes a smart save from Harriott's angled shot #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Sponsored links:

• 8 mins added on
  • Oakster said:

don't think i've ever flagged a post before & I normally just ignore him but PL54 hoping that one of our fans got assaulted by a steward is a dickhead comment, even if its his usual lame attempt at humour...

I've never flagged a post until his comment but that was totally out of order.

• 90' Eight minutes of stoppage time are indicated #cafc #CAFCLive
  • tex...to diarra....attacking..lennon....fox....poor pass...they get it back...and attack.....shot comes in...great save by pope
  • 90+1' Save! Pope makes a stunning save to tip Knockaert's curling strike behind for a corner #cafc #CAFCLive
  • corner comes in......we clear.....jbg.....harry.....tackled...
  • lennon...mac.....tackled.....they have the ball...and come forward
  • MK Dons relegated
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!