Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The new, improved summer 2016 TAKEOVER THREAD

Comments

• Options

razil said:

Seems a bit tight on the transfer window to me, but hey ho

If it means outting the current incumbent then so be it. Anytime is a good time
    Aye me too, but I mean to be true..

:)

• Options
    Valley11 said:

This is typical us.
    We get stability of sorts for the first time in 4 years, British manager, good players, a team.
    Then Roland sells, the new bloke sacks everyone and we remain in div 3 for years but with 38 year old Zlatan Ibrahimović playing up front.

The beginning of the revisionists
  • Options
    razil said:

Although the sale of THD and some of the other sales suggest someone trying to get every last drop out, the apparent absence of a new sofa seems the most telling sign however.

Agreed but Roland would have done that regardless of selling. If these rumours are true, I think it must be a good offer and he wasn't intending to sell. This offer has changed his mind. He has paid fees for three players, that could have been an extra 1.5m in the duct tape fund. Why would katrien take the fa gig if she knew they were selling? Cv? Possibly but how much fa involvement would she have had so far
  • Options
    How much for the club?
  • Options
    Roland will probably sell the day after the transfer window shuts and he has sold Lookman, Bauer for peanuts.
  • Options

Roland will probably sell the day after the transfer window shuts and he has sold Lookman, Bauer for peanuts.

Salted or dry roasted?
  • Options
    The fact it's got out may make these guys run a mile?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How much for the club?

For you? Very nice price.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Reams got it from who he believes is tony jiminez's brother but he said he did a reverse IP check and it shows its coming from canada, the same region as where he was done over with false information before. But he now believes it because of what was posted on picks. Could this not just be someone winding reams up again?
    Also the guy is from israel, could he not be linked to dudu dahan in some way and therefore maybe duchatelet could be bringing these in as the front men to look like hes left? Just saying...
  • Options
    And all because someone misinterpretated Katrien writing Prime Mover, Zodiac Mindwarp on her list of must-have albums :smile:
  • Options
    Does anyone else find it weird that this rumour started just as the Protest shirts were sent to fans?

Might just be a coincidence though
  • Options
    This is going to be a pain isn't it.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

This is typical us.
    We get stability of sorts for the first time in 4 years, British manager, good players, a team.
    Then Roland sells, the new bloke sacks everyone and we remain in div 3 for years but with 38 year old Zlatan Ibrahimović playing up front.

Spinning it as a negative! Good work. Proper Charlton :wink:
    I'm only having a laugh. Jeez...
  • Options
    ...oh f**k not again, logged on and saw a couple of hundred new comments and got a tad excited
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

This is typical us.

Spinning it as a negative! Good work. Proper Charlton :wink:
    I'm only having a laugh. Jeez...
    Me too mate, hence the winky thing
  • Options
    Can anyone advise me as to what Rio Ferdinand exactly said and where he said this?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Maybe Roland hadn't planned to sell the club (hence the buys of Ajose, Pearce etc) in an attempt to get us back to the Championship and appear a more attractive proposition, but has now had an offer he couldn't say no to. If this guy Ofer really wants the club he could meet 38m with money from the back of his sofa. Also noticed a foreign article yesterday that he's trying to offload one of his other clubs, either Ujpest or Carl Seis Zeiss Jena (can't find the page again now). Maybe he's had enough of football and is jacking it all in?
  • Options
    THD is an odd sale for Duch's philosophy, and smacks of asset stripping, as do the quick sells of the others. He tends to sell at peak realisation or close to it. Then again nothing would surprise me with their rigid application of budgets and throwing the baby out with the bath water stuff
  • Options
    We must stay in League 1 at the very least and look competitive with a more sensible balance sheet - anyone surplus to that is out
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

Can anyone advise me as to what Rio Ferdinand exactly said and where he said this?

Thanks in advance

earlier on in this thread.....

Mr. Plumb, maybe this will give you cause for hope? This is from Colinthailand a couple of dyas ago:
    I pulled on to the rank at Orpington station where I have a couple of pals working, Orpington comes under the London borough of Bromley and is the most Southernly taxi rank I am allowed to work......second job who jumps in RIO FERDINAND.....Farnbrough park please mate, Rio looked very well and I said to him " Apart from England's performance how was Paris". He told me he had a great time with the other lads out there, we briefly discussed the favourites for the job of England manager, he asked me who I fancied , I told him I know it would never happen but " Your old boss would be my favourite" He laughed and said " Fergie would set us up to lose on purpose the scotch git"..............Rio had to get out of the cab to put a code into the first security gate and made sure the code was hidden from view, We then come to the house he had built for his mum and drove to the side of that where he had to get out and do the same thing with another code to open a security gate, when he got back in again I said to him " Anyway Rio I know nothing about football I'm a Charlton fan " he was quiet for a minute ,we pulled up outside his door and he got out and paid me with £1 tip he then said to me " I happen to know that by Christmas or the new year Charlton fans are going to be getting some very good news" I asked him if that meant he was buying the club ? He smiled and said " No but big big money is getting involved" ....I said " come on you can't leave me hanging like that ". Rio laughed and said " have a busy night mate and take care" We shook hands and he went inside..................Maybe something in that , who knows. If not, why would he say it?
  • Options
    Shrew said:

mr.se7 said:

Thanks in advance

earlier on in this thread.....

Mr. Plumb, maybe this will give you cause for hope? This is from Colinthailand a couple of dyas ago:
    I pulled on to the rank at Orpington station where I have a couple of pals working, Orpington comes under the London borough of Bromley and is the most Southernly taxi rank I am allowed to work......second job who jumps in RIO FERDINAND.....Farnbrough park please mate, Rio looked very well and I said to him " Apart from England's performance how was Paris". He told me he had a great time with the other lads out there, we briefly discussed the favourites for the job of England manager, he asked me who I fancied , I told him I know it would never happen but " Your old boss would be my favourite" He laughed and said " Fergie would set us up to lose on purpose the scotch git"..............Rio had to get out of the cab to put a code into the first security gate and made sure the code was hidden from view, We then come to the house he had built for his mum and drove to the side of that where he had to get out and do the same thing with another code to open a security gate, when he got back in again I said to him " Anyway Rio I know nothing about football I'm a Charlton fan " he was quiet for a minute ,we pulled up outside his door and he got out and paid me with £1 tip he then said to me " I happen to know that by Christmas or the new year Charlton fans are going to be getting some very good news" I asked him if that meant he was buying the club ? He smiled and said " No but big big money is getting involved" ....I said " come on you can't leave me hanging like that ". Rio laughed and said " have a busy night mate and take care" We shook hands and he went inside..................Maybe something in that , who knows. If not, why would he say it?
    Thanks Mate, im sceptical about this story to say the least but hopefully I am proved wrong
  • Options
    Come on guys, why would anyone like this be interested in buying little old charlton, these people buy ferrari's not dacia dusters.
  • Options
    Bookmarked this thread! Ready for a long one!!