Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans Conviction overturned (ed. signs for Chesterfield)

Comments

• Options

Just goes to show that the most important things to have if you want to get the result you want in court are money and a good media team. Enough money to get good lawyers working for you for three years, enough money to offer financial incentives for former sexual partners to remember things about your sex life right on time, and a smart media team who can now say you've 'proven your innocence' when really what you've done is out-manoeuvred the prosecution. It's a complicated case, but paying people to say things that fundamentally affect the outcome of a case, and allowing a girl's previous sexual history to be brought into a case about a question of fact based on one specific moment in time does not sit well with me

It's uncomfortable, but in this situation her sexual history did make a difference to the case, and especially to the jury.

That she had had sex with a complete stranger in similar circumstances the night before, and again 2 weeks AFTER Ched Evans I imagine completely swayed the jury that the events of that night were consensual.
  • Options

Just goes to show that the most important things to have if you want to get the result you want in court are money and a good media team. Enough money to get good lawyers working for you for three years, enough money to offer financial incentives for former sexual partners to remember things about your sex life right on time, and a smart media team who can now say you've 'proven your innocence' when really what you've done is out-manoeuvred the prosecution. It's a complicated case, but paying people to say things that fundamentally affect the outcome of a case, and allowing a girl's previous sexual history to be brought into a case about a question of fact based on one specific moment in time does not sit well with me

It's uncomfortable, but in this situation her sexual history did make a difference to the case, and especially to the jury.

That she had had sex with a complete stranger in similar circumstances the night before, and again 2 weeks AFTER Ched Evans I imagine completely swayed the jury that the events of that night were consensual.
    Luckily for Ched these guys came forward after the £50,000 reward was put up, funny that they hadn't thought to come forward before but then it's not like the case had much publicity
    Maybe they never though in a million years that Evans would be found guilty.

Going to a public court and taking about your sex life is hardly something any of us would want to do?
  • Options

Luckily for Ched these guys came forward after the £50,000 reward was put up, funny that they hadn't thought to come forward before but then it's not like the case had much publicity
    Maybe they never though in a million years that Evans would be found guilty.

Going to a public court and taking about your sex life is hardly something any of us would want to do?
    Maybe you are right. However as I understand it the situations weren't similar just the words she is supposed to have used which were widely reported after the original case.
    I don't believe either of these guys turned up at a hotel room without her knowing that he was going to be there and neither of them left via the fire escape.
    Not so bad talking about your sex life in court if the compensation is £50,000 though.
  • Options
    Just shows £50,000 can buy justice and good to have prospective
    millionaire future father in law.
    Shame they didn't bring up Evans past.
    As a father of 2 daughters, feel disgusted jury came up with the
    wrong verdict IMO. Hope he get a bad reception if he plays down here.
    Total scumbag in my opinion!
  • Options

You have evidence that it was the wrong verdict? If so, you should have stepped forward.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Super Ched
  • Options

Wouldn't take me long.
    I'm not sure that that's something you'd want to admit so easily....
  • Options
    You have evidence that it was the wrong verdict? If so, you should have stepped forward.

Just read articles about his previous form mate!
    Maybe not all sexual but not a very nice guy!
    Things that happened at Man City when he was a youngster
    and why they got shot of him!
  • Options

Wouldn't take me long.
    I would for £50k
  • Options

Just read articles about his previous form mate!
    Maybe not all sexual but not a very nice guy!
    Things that happened at Man City when he was a youngster
    and why they got shot of him!

I'll agree that he's a scumbag of the highest order, but until I've seen a transcript I don't know what I think re the case. There are wronguns in all walks of life, doesn' t mean they're guilty of a charge. I find it interesting that he got off and that there were a fair number of women on the jury.

• Options

Wouldn't take me long.
    I would for £50k
    If you put it like that, and it doesn't take you long to talk about your sex life, that's probably no less than £500 per word.
  • Options

As a father of two daughters i'm sure you or your partner will/have told them to always be in control and not to put their selves at risk.

How any jury could convict on the evidence as it has been reported in the 2nd trial is beyond me. The 2 new witnesses could be done for Perjury if their stories about this young woman is found to be false. i take it the young lady remembers going out with the 2 guys even thou she has memory loss when it comes to the sex ?

Jed Evans shot his landlady's Son in the leg with an air rifle when he was a teenager at Man city so i guess we shouldn't feel too story for him.
  • Options
    Ched Evans is a vile individual and I can't understand why his girlfriend stood by him. Hope he doesn'the play for Chesterfield against us.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Ched Evans is a vile individual and I can't understand why his girlfriend stood by him. Hope he doesn'the play for Chesterfield against us.

You can't under$tand why hi$ mi$$u$ $tood be$ide him?

Beat$ me.
    Her family's minted though, so don't think it was about the money.

I would be able to look my wife and her family in the face if I'd done what he had (even without the rape element) and certainly wouldn't expect her to stand by me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Natasha Massey is no raving beauty.
    Glad to have a Neanderful likes Evans.
    Don't think they will last long.
    She seems to be punching well over
    her weight in the looks department.
    Still rich parents can afford some needed beauty treatment for her!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2016
    One of them came forward before the first trial, but was never used in court for whatever reason, and Evans previous sexual history etc was used in the first trial by the prosecution, all confirmed by a lawyer on radio 5 Live this morning.
  • Options
    The women in question cannot be prosecuted for perjury because victims of sexual offences whether the conviction is upheld or not are protected from prosecution.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Helmet.

Sorry, wrong thread. They all look the same to me.
  • Options
    About to resign for Sheffield Utd.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39697804
  • Options

About to resign for Sheffield Utd.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39697804

Please tell me his long suffering girlfriend has ditched him?!
  • Options
    Why? not exactly been great this year.
  • Options
    They did it so their fans can wheel out their charming Ched Evans chant again