Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson shows KM how you make a statement after relegation - Article in the SLP

13»

Comments

• If that omnitwat( thanks for that word BetterCallSaul) sees how much we all love Jacko he will ship him out by the morning.
  • seth plum said:
    Indeed. Thinly veiled criticism of the regime to boot. Praise for the fans, praise for the spirit before they arrived, “we've got to rebuild in the right way."

True skipper.
  • Absolutely spot on comments by a real leader, who accepts responsibility and commits to doing what he can to improve.

I know I want SCP back, but I thought it was instructive what JJ said about the promotion season.
  • Omg Jacko!! The guys a legend, Charlton though and though! Such feeling he's broken hearted, more passion in he's little finger nail than KM and RD, Johnnie your a top top man!!!
  • JJ is one very special player.

And I know he feels Charlton Athletic is a very special club.

His words last night speak volumes.

Love you, Jacko.
  • He definitely gets it. Do you think he truly gets how much he is appreciated?
  • Rob7Lee said:

He reminds me sometimes very much of SCP. Maybe there's a theme here, think they were both Tottenham fans as kids.......

They have a similar mentality, professionalism, work ethic and heart, you can't buy that, you either have it or you don't. You can see it in him when we win, you can see it when we lose and boy can you see it in this video.

We can all probably name other players over the years like that, often they weren't the most talented but were certainly always up there as my favourite players. For heart and passion I think over the past 20+ years he's definitely top 5 for me.

I hope he plays on Saturday, I hope we have a big crowd and in-between the protesting I hope we can show him he has our respect, admiration and support. Especially if he either starts but is then subbed or when he comes on if a sub.

Whatever happens from here on in, Charlton will be in a better place with him there than without. SCP chose him as his Captain, I trust SCP's judgement, oh to have the dream team back together again........

100% agree (except that I think he's an Arsenal fan!)

• Rob7Lee said:

He reminds me sometimes very much of SCP. Maybe there's a theme here, think they were both Tottenham fans as kids.......

They have a similar mentality, professionalism, work ethic and heart, you can't buy that, you either have it or you don't. You can see it in him when we win, you can see it when we lose and boy can you see it in this video.

We can all probably name other players over the years like that, often they weren't the most talented but were certainly always up there as my favourite players. For heart and passion I think over the past 20+ years he's definitely top 5 for me.

I hope he plays on Saturday, I hope we have a big crowd and in-between the protesting I hope we can show him he has our respect, admiration and support. Especially if he either starts but is then subbed or when he comes on if a sub.

Whatever happens from here on in, Charlton will be in a better place with him there than without. SCP chose him as his Captain, I trust SCP's judgement, oh to have the dream team back together again........

100% agree (except that I think he's an Arsenal fan!)
    We all have our issues in life!
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Charlton Athletic's video content is in partnership with ITRM '

Perhaps it's time for a mini protest troops......
  • Up there with the best Charlton legends over my 30+ years following the club

The way he plays, the way he conducts himself, the way he interacts with fans on social media, the community stuff he does..

The only positive in getting relegated is that we get another year of Jacko leading the team, whether he is in the starting 11 or not

• I for one would take JJ as a player/head coach next season, even assistant coach to Riga if he stays like Andy Hughes in his last season
  • I for one would take JJ as a player/head coach next season, even assistant coach to Riga if he stays like Andy Hughes in his last season

Agreed, but no Riga - Jackson and Hughes dream team! Or for Powell with Jackson/Hughes as assistants please.
  • Johnnie Jackson understands what we are. Not many of the other players do, and the filth that own the club certainly don't. But that Charlton spirit may yet be rediscovered. Our day will come.
  • Markg2004 said:

I for one would take JJ as a player/head coach next season, even assistant coach to Riga if he stays like Andy Hughes in his last season

Agreed, but no Riga - Jackson and Hughes dream team! Or for Powell with Jackson/Hughes as assistants please.
    Under new owners, Powell and Jacko again, all be it maybe Jacko won't be quite such a key man on the pitch.

Sadly under the current shower of sh1t that owns us neither is likely to happen.
  • Markg2004 said:

I for one would take JJ as a player/head coach next season, even assistant coach to Riga if he stays like Andy Hughes in his last season

Well Hughes was at the game on Saturday. Unfortunately, he was sitting with John Salako, who was in his fetching Palace tracksuit top!

There was certainly a great bond between Jacko, Hughesy & the team then. Would be a great combo, with new owner.
  • Heard the interview earlier on Charlton Live. Brought a tear to the eye. Glad someone cares. While there is Jacko, there is (a tiny bit of) hope.