Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• good for you Johnny ...real Charlton and knows what it means
  • Still got so much love for this guy! Will need his experience more than ever next season, especially if the Belgians are still about.
  • Love the bloke, one of only a few players that really get what Charlton are about. Unless we get more like him, we are going to be stuck in the doldrums for a few years to come.
  • That will disappoint Colin, if he is staying for another year.
  • Admire the guy. Charlton through and through. He really cares and is one of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love this bloke
  • He sounds like come the summer he's the sort of player who's just going to turn his phone off so Agents cant reach him.

Shame that he's still four years from making 10-years at Charlton because he really deserves a Testimonial

I love Jacko, but he's not the player he was, League one is probably more his level now. I'm not sure he's good enough, purely as a player for the Championship now, unless it's combined with some other coaching role
  • So lucky he is at the club.
  • He sounds like come the summer he's the sort of player who's just going to turn his phone off so Agents cant reach him.

Shame that he's still four years from making 10-years at Charlton because he really deserves a Testimonial

I love Jacko, but he's not the player he was, League one is probably more his level now. I'm not sure he's good enough, purely as a player for the Championship now, unless it's combined with some other coaching role
    Yeah I've got the same feeling about him... Us going down to League One will probably help his Charlton appearances in the final years of his career (His appearances in the Championship have certainly been becoming less and less).
  • This kind of disloyalty to those that really matter at the club (ie senior management) will lead to his being offloaded asap.
  • Great statement from Jacko!

The problem is though if he is still playing next season, we won't be challenging for promotion!

Hope he is used in a coaching role personally.
  • That article tells me that Riga is going.
  • Sponsored links:

• That article tells me that Riga is going.

Really? Where does it do that?
  • I would quite happily have Jacko as player-manager, with an old head as Director of Football, be that the rumoured Lennie or another football league wizened sage.

Goes without saying that I would want this with new owners and SMT. A class act, has always seemed to love it here, has a great relationship with the fans (bar the obvious) and someone we can all relate to...his passion scoring some of those vital goals and last minute wonders has made him a hero here. Decent taste in music too :smile:
  • That cow will probably come and rip Jacko's statement to shreds. A statement from the his heart.
  • Not sure he has quite got enough ability wise anymore to start, but certainly still a playing asset within the squad. As a bloke i really love him, oozes class and passion, would be very happy with him as player-assistant manager. <3 Jacko
  • Man love for Jacko.
  • edited April 2016
    He'll do a job in league 1 and will be a decent assistant coach.

Agree with most, proper Charlton.
  • *Johnnie
  • But yeah, he is a top man.
  • Love Jacko, possibly the best thing about being relegated is that we can keep him playing another season.
  • edited April 2016
    What a class act that man is.
    Puts the Belgians to shame.