Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson shows KM how you make a statement after relegation - Article in the SLP

Comments

• He deserves so much better than this crock of shit.
  • Dazzler21 said:

That article tells me that Riga is going.

Really? Where does it do that?
    There was a "Ron and Russell Mael" discussion between them a few weeks ago.
  • I just love him. Legend.
  • I shouldn't be surprised by his passion anymore, but it never gets old and genuinely is the thing which motivates me that some more players like that may join the club at some point.

What a man.
  • Very refreshing to see that some loyalty still exists. A pity that he is no longer the influence he once was on the pitch, but hopefully he still has much to offer the club and the younger players in particular.
  • A proper man - not like the runt that hides away in Belgium
  • I like him. He's a good player. Been good to Charlton.....BUT - He is right. Most of the players havent been good enough and they all - including JJ, have to take some responsibility for being relegated. It's all very well coming out with a statement like that once we have been relegated but it shouldn't hide some of the very hard to accept truths.

Collectively, there are a lot of people that have to put their hands up and accept some responsibility and most notably that is RD, KM, RM etc.

But whilst it's all very well giving a rallying cry now, and promising to be at the club next season etc. etc. he does and should be accepting some of the blame on behalf of both himself and the rest of the team.

It doesn't make me like him any less, but it is a fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper Charlton hero, I hope he gets to be a part of the good times again here once RD finally sells up.
  • Okay - perhaps my comments should have been aimed more at the 'love in' for JJ a the moment. I make him right. He should be making a statement along those lines and should be apologising to fans for the teams part in relegation. They were partly responsible after all, and as 'captain' he should be issuing a statement like that.

Doesnt mean I dont like him. Doesn't mean I dont respect him and I hope he does stay (although I think he will be booted out personally) but when people are saying "he's got nothing to apologise for" and " that's how you make a speech"....... he has got something to apologise for and it's really what is expected as part of his job.
  • Why is it that he gets what we are about... the fans the club..."the whole Charlton" thing but others just haven't got a fecking clue ???
  • Why is it that he gets what we are about... the fans the club..."the whole Charlton" thing but others just haven't got a fecking clue ???

Because whatever they like to think, they are not football people. They will NEVER get it.
  • Superlatives expired, love him to bits.
  • Leadership comes from the top. We have none. Jackson is limited as to what he can influence.
  • johnny73 said:

Leadership comes from the top. We have none. Jackson is limited as to what he can influence.

But he has 2% of the fans behind him ,he knows that,they know that and I think they don't like it one bit.like you say mate not a lot he can do.
  • He looks pig sick in the video clip on the club twitter feed. Absolutely no doubt in the sincerity of what he's saying
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper Charlton.

We'll need people like him around to help repair the damage once Roly et al have fecked off.
  • If we do get a regime change this summer, I really hope the new owners have the sense to get this fella into the coaching setup.
  • RD will probably pay up his contract and say F""" O"" traitor, you are my captain and should back me like I have made you do in the pass
  • There is so much wrong with our club at present. Jacko is one of the few positives, he has to be kept simply in any capacity. Unlike those who run our club he gets what we are about and cares.
  • Ouch. What a top man. If you cut him in half he would have Charlton running through him like a stick of rock.
  • Top bloke JJ. Seems genuinely hurt.
  • edited April 2016
    DRAddick said:
    Just watched this and wow how difficult to watch is that!! JJ epitomizes what this club used to be about, one day we will get this club back with players like JJ who are the spirit and heart of Charlton. Thanks JJ for at least agreeing to be interviewed, unlike our illusive leader.