Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

the Spurs advantage

with the exception of the final Saturday of Prem matches, Spurs play all their games one day later than Leicester, seems a bit unfair to me.

Comments

• with the exception of the final Saturday of Prem matches, Spurs play all their games one day later than Leicester, seems a bit unfair to me.

I think Leicester will be OK. Can't see Spurs besting Chelsea or Southampton.

As for the schedule, that's TV games for you.
  • If Spurs win the title I will have to cut off all contact with someone because I know for the rest of my life he will never shut up about it even though I've been to White Hart Lane more times than he has.
  • Or Leicester have the advantage by stretching their lead each time they play and putting pressure on spurs.
  • Either way, I'm just trying to enjoy this. It's great fun.
  • Not sure Leicester or Spurs will beat Chelsea. Hope Leicester make it over the line.
  • I would rather be the team who plays first, I would say Leicester have the advantage as Spurs have to deal with the added pressure of having to win just to stay in the hunt if Leicester have already won the day before.
  • Have to say that I still think Spurs has a good chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Spurs will overtake Leicester.
  • I would rather be the team who plays first, I would say Leicester have the advantage as Spurs have to deal with the added pressure of having to win just to stay in the hunt if Leicester have already won the day before.

It's like a penalty shootout. I would rather go first. Like we did in 98. And like rangers did on the weekend.
  • Spurs record at Chelsea is abysmal but otherwise I think they will win all their remaining games. So for Leicester the key is to win 2 games, their home games. Swansea is now a massive must win game for them but the pressure will be huge. Nasty feeling Spurs will do it.
  • Spurs will slip up probably against WBA.
  • All the talk has been about Leicester's last 3 games, but based on form this season West Ham are arguably a tougher proposition than all of Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea. For Leicester to get through that game with 10 men and still get a point was massive.
  • Surely Leicester have the advantage, as they are six points clear? Also two of their last four games are against Swansea and Everton - both of whom have literally nothing to play for.

Going to Chelsea for Spurs is like a trip to the dentist, and Southampton are the sort of side that you would hate to 'have' to get a result against, as they are such a clever and compact team.

Can't see Leicester blowing out now, even without Vardy for two games.
  • I'm not sure. 1pt for a draw and three for a win can change things.
  • Davo55 said:

I would be happy with either Leicester or Spurs - entertaining sides and above all NOT Chelsea or wither of the Mancs.

Yes, if it wasn't for Leicester I think most neutrals would be supporting them
  • I want Spurs to win the league for mostly these reasons:

1. Arsenal fans will never leave their houses and they will probably just detach themselves from football completely. It will be hilarious.

2. Spurs are the better footballing side that play more attractive football and score more goals.

Either way I hope it goes to the last game of the season.

I don't necessarily want Leicster to fail. They have done a great job!
  • When properly analysed it seems that if you throw enough money / more money than most other clubs on trying to win the Premiership over the last twenty five years but piss it all up the wall on crap players and even crappier managers nevertheless the odds of you winning something in the end have to be in your favour at some point over those twenty five years . Even if you do also need a leg up by playing a day later so you know what you have to do and you get a chance to manipulate referee selection ( Friend ) for your rival's matches Spurs would be complete mugs to blow it wouldn't they ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Leicester without vardy for 2 games is massive. The drama around the whole extended ban could also have a massive effect
  • Spurs have the momentum
  • I really hope Spurs don't win it, couple of mates support them and will be unbearable.
  • Dave2l said:

I want Spurs to win the league for mostly these reasons:

1. Arsenal fans will never leave their houses and they will probably just detach themselves from football completely. It will be hilarious.

2. Spurs are the better footballing side that play more attractive football and score more goals.

Either way I hope it goes to the last game of the season.

I don't necessarily want Leicster to fail. They have done a great job!

Arsenal fans will just go and support Spurs

Two bob wankers
  • Congratulations Leicester, ALL London fans are happy tonight.
  • Spurs will slip up probably against WBA.

Called it!
    Blimey. That's it now, then, surely?

• Leicester just need one more win, or for Tottenham to fail to win one of their remaining games.

Good.
  • IAIA
    edited April 2016
    Fiiish said:

Leicester just need one more win, or for Tottenham to fail to win one of their remaining games.

Good.

If Leicester dont pick up another point, they need Spurs to lose one or draw two.

Everton probably won't return from the beach for their match against Leicester anyway