Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Support Next Season

13»

Comments

• Not sure if it'll happen, but away games in League 1 could be a good laugh if the attendances are bumped up due to people not going to home games.

As someone mentioned, it's the <300 fans away at Blackburn type away games that are a bit of a slog.

The 20-or-so Northern teams in League 1 is a shame.</p>

I remember when we won League One and I only missed three games (Milton Keynes Dons / Colchester / Scunthorpe).

What made it so annoying was constantly going back to places... i.e. Rochdale / Bury / Oldham are all within a few miles of each other whilst Preston isnt much farther up the road then you had the Sheffield clubs and Chesterfield.

God I must have memorised every bit of the M6 / M1 that season!!
    Plastic.
    To be fair I wanted to go Scunthorpe but I'd recently won an award through work which meant I had to go Rio over that particular weekend and work wouldn't let me skip the trip.

Was praying all through that match we wouldnt win (Was a huge outside chance but victory and other results going our way could have given us promotion that day) because I wanted to be there to see it happen
    So you chose Miss Rio over Miss Scunthorpe?

That's not Miss Scunthorpe, it's Vanessa Feltz at Creamfields in 95
  • I will avoid the inevitable at the den if they don't go up.

Will go to away where the outcome isn't so obvious, Northampton, Cov etc.

I can really see another scrap(not likr this season was an actual scrap) next season around the bottom.

I say the same thing every time the fixture approaches. But as soon as the tickets come out I can't help myself and actually really enjoyed our last away day there despite the result.
  • RedChaser said:

IA said:

Port Vale is a definite for me.

Will also be good if we have Millwall away late in the season so we can seal the double over them along with their relegation.

Haha, not biting this time IA

The way they are heading, cup finals with either Dartford or Welling
    are fast approaching, in fact, like a runaway train. I can't see any amount of quasi
    Klezmer or Baltic barn dances saving them while the Belgiums are in control.

'Belgians'
    Do you get a lot of time off in the summer Red?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

It's crude, but I made a little map to show how northern this stupid bloody league is. Based on the current league, not with relegated/ promoted teams.

So throw in Bolton, Northampton, maybe Accrington Stanley (Jesus wept...how... this is really happening).

Not much different to the Premier League or Championship though, both of those Leagues are also extremely Northern
  • Maybe when we go down to the conference south everyone will be happy with the travelling distances. ;)
  • RedChaser said:

IA said:

Will also be good if we have Millwall away late in the season so we can seal the double over them along with their relegation.

are fast approaching, in fact, like a runaway train. I can't see any amount of quasi

'Belgians'
    Are you trying to arrange a date?
  • I'm intending to spend as much on the ticket and travel for aways as I would have on my season ticket (about £375, I think), so that's probably about six or seven games, spread across the season. Of course, if ERNIE picks me out for a million pound payday, I'll be going to all the aways by chaffeur-driven Roller.
  • ChiAddick said:

I will avoid the inevitable at the den if they don't go up.

Will go to away where the outcome isn't so obvious, Northampton, Cov etc.

I can really see another scrap(not likr this season was an actual scrap) next season around the bottom.

I say the same thing every time the fixture approaches. But as soon as the tickets come out I can't help myself and actually really enjoyed our last away day there despite the result.
    As did I
  • RedChaser said:

IA said:

'Belgians'
    No more than usual mate. I know it's a lost cause but I thought it would be a nice gesture to help a visiting Spanner to this forum with his/her spelling :wink: .
  • ads said:

RedChaser said:

IA said:

'Belgians'
    Are you trying to arrange a date?
    I don't come cheap :kissing_heart: .
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

It's crude, but I made a little map to show how northern this stupid bloody league is. Based on the current league, not with relegated/ promoted teams.

So throw in Bolton, Northampton, maybe Accrington Stanley (Jesus wept...how... this is really happening).

Not much different to the Premier League or Championship though, both of those Leagues are also extremely Northern
    Turns out most of England is northern.
    Damn you, industrialisation!
  • edited April 2016

JiMMy 85 said:

I've just had a great idea, why don't the FL rename L1 'Third Division North'..................Oh hang on a minute :blush:
  • I'm on the verge of passing my driving test finally as i passed my theory on Monday, and once that's done i'll be following us away up and down the country next season, looking forward to it, quite a few grounds i've not done yet
  • The real shame is that if we had been going to Newcastle and Sunderland, Leeds, Villa and Forest instead of Vale, Scunthorpe, Coventry and Peterborough which must rank amongst the top crap towns in the country. Yes I know Vale is in Burslem and I've been there enough in the past to know it's shite as is Stoke generally.
  • IA said:

IA said:

We're you drinking / drunk when you thought this?
  • dizzee said:

Let's not kid ourselves - Millwall will be out cup final and I can't wait.

Millwall is going up this season .. via the play offs
  • dizzee said:

Millwall ARE going up this season .. via the play offs
    fixed. Now feeling worse.

• PL54 said:

Presumably nothing to say and nowhere to go next year?
  • dizzee said:

Millwall ARE going up this season .. via the play offs
    fixed. Now feeling worse.

fixed ? .... Millwall IS a football club . singular, Millwall F C are situated off the Old Kent Road ? .. nah .. back to your English grammar books for you
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    You have obviously taken too much Americana out there in the flatlands. Just because you're near Boston doesn't mean you have to write like one. As you have seen with our own side WE are a community and therefore pluralist by nature and number. Charlton are and hopefully will be.
  • edited April 2016

You have obviously taken to much Americana out there in the flatlands. Just because you're near Boston doesn't mean you have to write like one. As you have seen with our own side WE are a community and therefore pluralist by nature and number. Charlton are and hopefully will be.

I have no idea what the fuck (old English) you're on about you insulting twat (another OE word).
    I live nowhere near Boston, I'm in the Lincolnshire wolds, so not in the flatlands .. so FUCK off, you IS an idiot
  • Made me chuckle.. cheers.
  • ChiAddick said:

Maybe when we go down to the conference south everyone will be happy with the travelling distances. ;)

We'll still have a s*** away support.
  • cant see too much singing of " please dont take me home " next season. some proper grim aways there.