Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Support Next Season

Comments

• I doubt away support will improve that much but then I don't blame fans for that when our owner is trying to run the club in a way that insults everything sport is about.

Charlton as what I have always known it and what I believe a so called professional sports team is meant to be is dead currently.

So if fans don't want to travel all over the country I can understand that, for me it will be how I feel at the start of the season.

I want to believe I will be doing extra away trips to replace the home games I will be missing but right now for the first time in 20 years I have lost that joy and more often misery associated with following a football team because I don't feel we are a real team anymore not in any way that I believe sport should be.
  • Away support will be awful next year. Lets not kid ourselfs with the support the team not the regime nonsense. Neither QPR's upper tier (we could have had both tiers) or Brentford were sell outs which they usual are. Why will the support improve in a lower division under this regime?
  • IA said:

Port Vale is a definite for me.

Will also be good if we have Millwall away late in the season so we can seal the double over them along with their relegation.

Haha, not biting this time IA
  • the reality is were going to have 3/4 local ( within 100 miles) away games, as much as we all hate roland some people just dont do aways, im an away regular and as sad as it is really looking forward to ticking some grounds off, ive been at blackburn on a saturday when there has been under 300 of us its not great, unforunately i cant see this figure jumping dramatically next season, admitedly we should be selling out the likes of millwall/gillingham/mk dons out.

also a season ticket costs 550 tops, some northern away days youre looking at 60 quid for match ticket and train let alone drinks/food/programmes league 1 is a horrible league as geographically its shit for us.

It doesn't matter how many go or the day, Blackburn's never great.
    Agree, there's something really boring about Blackburn. Went there once in the early 90's, ticked it off my list, and have never been back.

• Tavern said:

Away games for me and will do as many as I can!

Are you going to millwall though?
  • With official relegation impending and knowing that 1,000s (myself included) will not be setting foot in The Valley next season until the Belgian mafia are out, will this lead to higher away followings?

League One is northern as fuck, the locations are hardly glamorous and obviously away days are a lot more expensive. But after 16 seasons I cannot fathom an entire year without seeing Charlton play. Going away week in week out is too difficult financially, but I'd like to think I'll be going to more than the usual handful that I do in a normal season.

What a great expression.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tavern said:

Away games for me and will do as many as I can!

Are you going to millwall though?
    Yes mate and hope they have loads of chips!

• edited April 2016

IA said:

Will also be good if we have Millwall away late in the season so we can seal the double over them along with their relegation.

The way they are heading, cup finals with either Dartford or Welling
    are fast approaching, in fact, like a runaway train. I can't see any amount of quasi
    Klezmer or Baltic barn dances saving them while the Belgians are in control.

• IA said:

are fast approaching, in fact, like a runaway train.
    I hope not!!! We are Charlton Super Charlton!!!!
  • RedChaser said:

IA said:

are fast approaching, in fact, like a runaway train. I can't see any amount of quasi
    Klezmer or Baltic barn dances saving them while the Belgiums are in control.

'Belgians'
    Of course. Now corrected. :)

• Glad to be of help. It's the neighbourly thing to do just like on the House of Fun forum :open_mouth: .
  • Looks like Syd Cheesewright may be a lot busier next season with the train travel club operation..........
  • drewman said:

With official relegation impending and knowing that 1,000s (myself included) will not be setting foot in The Valley next season until the Belgian mafia are out, will this lead to higher away followings?

League One is northern as fuck, the locations are hardly glamorous and obviously away days are a lot more expensive. But after 16 seasons I cannot fathom an entire year without seeing Charlton play. Going away week in week out is too difficult financially, but I'd like to think I'll be going to more than the usual handful that I do in a normal season.

What a great expression.
    should read .. 'northern as fook' ((:>)
  • It's crude, but I made a little map to show how northern this stupid bloody league is. Based on the current league, not with relegated/ promoted teams.

So throw in Bolton, Northampton, maybe Accrington Stanley (Jesus wept...how... this is really happening).
  • Think we will be heading back to The Selhurst years when away travel was alot more fun than(home games).
    Would love to do the likes of Rochdale,Bury Northampton,Bradford and with abit of luck Plymouth again.

If you think playing away is going to stop the protests Better Think Again...Looking forward to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

It's crude, but I made a little map to show how northern this stupid bloody league is. Based on the current league, not with relegated/ promoted teams.

So throw in Bolton, Northampton, maybe Accrington Stanley (Jesus wept...how... this is really happening).

Good work, "Northern as fuck" indeed. Count me in, I'm in North Yorks.

• I started going to away games only this season, but I have to say, I didn't get to as many as I'd hoped pre-season. I intended to at least hit double figures, but in truth, I managed 6. This is partly due to frustration with the regime and partly because I have chosen to spend time with my family instead. It's also true to say that when you've bought and paid for a season ticket in advance, you make sure you get your monies worth. I've found it harder to motivate myself make the commitment of attending the game and then buying the tickets to ensure I actually go. I'll try for more next season I guess.
  • @RedChaser my, now, ex wife, brought me to within thirty minutes of her parents....
  • The only grounds which will sell out next season with a poor league position are Northampton, Burton and Gillingham.

It personally looks like 6 good aways days and potentially 17 bad ones.
  • Let's not kid ourselves - Millwall will be out cup final and I can't wait.
  • IA said:

It was too obvious :smile:
  • IA said:

IA said:

It was too obvious :smile:
    Yep. A little bit more subtle and I'll be biting again in no time :smiley:

• edited April 2016
    I will avoid the inevitable at the den if they don't go up.

Will go to away where the outcome isn't so obvious, Northampton, Cov etc.

I can really see another scrap(not likr this season was an actual scrap) next season around the bottom.