Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    I heard on the radio a few weeks back that Romo has two requirements to sign for another team. They must be a playoff contender, and they must have the Cowboys on their schedule. At that point he wasn't execpecting to be traded - he expects to be cut.
  • Options

I heard on the radio a few weeks back that Romo has two requirements to sign for another team. They must be a playoff contender, and they must have the Cowboys on their schedule. At that point he wasn't execpecting to be traded - he expects to be cut.

Rumors have him going to Texans. Would be a great move for him with their D.
  • Options
    Texans, Cheifs, Broncos or Cards were the initial rumoured landing spots for Romo.

I'm not sure any of those make sense. Are the Texans really going to pay big for a QB two years running? Would Jerry Jones let him stay in Texas if it's a trade?

Alex Smith is doing well with the Chiefs and it would be harsh on him. Especially as I can't see Romo fitting into that system.

Cards would be short-term for them. I think Broncos is probably the best fit but they've got two good young QBs I imagine they'll want to build on and develop.

Redskins would be losing out in that three way deal in my opinion, although I can see them trading Cousins to the 49ers eventually.

• Options
    On a completely separate note, good to see Kamara of the Vols have a good combine day. Love watching him and sounds like he could go in the first round.
  • Options
    Alex Smith is the Chiefs fans scapegoat. Check social media after a game and everything that went wrong for the Chiefs is Smiths fault.

Personally love the guy, but I'm in the minority of Chiefs fans. Seen a lot of talk about Romo on my feed but think a lot of it is in hope more than expectation
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    No way that trade happens, Cowboys will release Romo at some point anyway they won't get an extra first rounder for him.

Seems like the Redskins are losing Jackson and Garcon in free agency which seems baffling to me they wouldn't want to try and keep one of them at least.
  • Options
    Romo is good enough to win a superbowl but at 37 and his injury record it's a short term commitment. The Chiefs have already confirmed they are going with Smith again. I like Smith but when you watch the playoffs, and compare, the throws that the top end quarterbacks make on a regular basis it makes you realise as a player he doesn't have that extra level. I think the Chiefs are happy to be a playoff team and hope one year to get lucky.
    Personally I'd hate it if Romo went to Denver.
  • Options
    I have seen Garoppolo being linked with half the league, Brady must be ok to play 3-4 more years, can't blame Jimmy for not sticking around until then
  • Options

Seems like the Redskins are losing Jackson and Garcon in free agency which seems baffling to me they wouldn't want to try and keep one of them at least.

To be honest, not much Washington seems to be doing mskes sense. Stalling over KC offloading Jackson and Garcon, yet it was the defensive side of the team under performing
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The games don't start for months yet but today is the first day of free agency.

There's been a few deals but the biggest one so far: Houston have traded Osweiler and 2018 2nd round pick to the Browns, just to get his contract off their books.

Is it worth starting a new thread for technically a new season or just carry on with this one for now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's been a few deals but the biggest one so far: Houston have traded Osweiler and 2018 2nd round pick to the Browns, just to get his contract off their books.

Is it worth starting a new thread for technically a new season or just carry on with this one for now?

Wow. Tony Romo to the Texans then? Sounds like the Cowboys can't decide whether to trade or release him.

Shaping up to be a bug offseason all round. Pretty impresed with the Browns business so far.

Very happy with my Ravens. Danny Woodhead about to sign. Desperately need a pass catching back.
  • Options
    And it could get even worse for Osweiler:

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
    From what I understand, the #Browns are weighing simply releasing Brock Osweiler after trading for him. NBA style.
  • Options
    Alshon Jeffrey to the Eagles. 1 year, $14m.
  • Options

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
    From what I understand, the #Browns are weighing simply releasing Brock Osweiler after trading for him. NBA style.

Christ, that's harsh.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

Christ, that's harsh.
    Brutal. He looked OK in Denver but was a disaster last year. A career as a backup beckons.

in other news... Alshon Jeffery has signed a one-year deal to join the Philadelphia Eagles, the team announced Thursday. It is a $14 million deal, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Torrey Smith has also joined them. Building some nice weapons for Wentz.
  • Options
    Quite happy with the Browns business so far. I think they may try and trade Brock and the 12th pick to the patriots for Jimmy G
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Quite happy with the Browns business so far. I think they may try and trade Brock and the 12th pick to the patriots for Jimmy G

Good shout that.
  • Options
    The is no way the Patriots will touch Osweiler with that contract. He's a bust anyway. They have no use for him.
  • Options

The is no way the Patriots will touch Osweiler with that contract. He's a bust anyway. They have no use for him.

Agreed that he is a bust, and don't seen him being with the Browns come the start of the season.
  • Options
    I read Romo will only go to a team scheduled to play Dallas this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe start a new one for the draft ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Do I stand alone in thinking that Jimmy G is a bit overrated?
  • Options

He's worked under Belichek and Brady for a few seasons now, and played well at the start of the season when Brady was suspended.
    I reckon he's a good hand, but not a guy you can build a franchise upon
  • Options

Nobody knows. 6 quarters of football, and he looked like an elite player, but its still only 6 quarters. If he is that good, no way the Pats trade him. They have him under control for 2 years. You don't trade him away when your QB will be 42 at the end of that, even if his name is Brady.
  • Options
    Osweiler looked ok for Denver when he filled in but different proposition when you are leading the team as franchise QB rather than a back up.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Maybe start a new one for the draft ?
    Sounds like a plan. Had fun writing up the picks on last year's thread.
  • Options
    Matt Cassel looked really good when he stepped in for a season when Brady was injured. He didn't work out as the franchise QB KC envisioned. Similarly, Matt Flynn was meant to be the next big thing after he left GB but flopped. It's tough to break into the NFL as a starting QB as there are only 32 spots available but there's usually a reason that these guys are backups.

In terms of Jimmy G you have to be certain that he is a franchise QB with the price the Pats will charge according to rumours (1st round this year and next), you don't want to give that up for a league average QB. If I were the Browns I'd make a run at McCarron, he should be cheaper, and see if I could grab a QB in the draft next year when there appears to be better prospects available if McCarron doesn't work out.
  • Options
    Matt Barkley to the 49ers as well now. Looks like they'll wait a year for Cousins.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Matt Cassel looked really good when he stepped in for a season when Brady was injured. He didn't work out as the franchise QB KC envisioned. Similarly, Matt Flynn was meant to be the next big thing after he left GB but flopped. It's tough to break into the NFL as a starting QB as there are only 32 spots available but there's usually a reason that these guys are backups.

In terms of Jimmy G you have to be certain that he is a franchise QB with the price the Pats will charge according to rumours (1st round this year and next), you don't want to give that up for a league average QB. If I were the Browns I'd make a run at McCarron, he should be cheaper, and see if I could grab a QB in the draft next year when there appears to be better prospects available if McCarron doesn't work out.

Especially as McCarron will have worked with Jackson in Cincinatti.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

I would take Cutler over Jimmy G and that is saying something.

Some silly deals as usual in the first day of FA.