Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAS Trust Season Ticket Renewal Survey

Comments

• vff said:

PL54 said:

Why do you need to announce the fact you've 'Done' it ?

Why do you need to ask a thick headed question & post anything at all @PL54 ? (on a thread that you have nothing constructive to say)
    The knockout blow.
  • As an overseas supporter, some of the questions didn't quite work for me -
    Specifically, if I return to Blighty then I would boycott the regime, refuse to purchase a season ticket and I would pledge to buy one when the owner facks orf.
    However, I didn't feel I could tick those particular boxes with a clear conscience right now, as my non-purchasing of season ticket is somewhat dictated by the fact I'm 3400 miles away.

I know exactly what you mean as I am in similar situation though only 500 miles away. I therefore had to tick that I was not buying for personal circumstances and unlikely to buy one under new owners as that is the truth.

You are more than welcome to add your explanation in the comments bit.

I designed the survey, by the way - reality is that people in our situation are quite a small minority - but I do sympathise ;-)

Specifically, if I return to Blighty then I would boycott the regime, refuse to purchase a season ticket and I would pledge to buy one when the owner facks orf.
    However, I didn't feel I could tick those particular boxes with a clear conscience right now, as my non-purchasing of season ticket is somewhat dictated by the fact I'm 3400 miles away.

Well, there's an indication that it's about renewing. So, maybe not for you?
    But perhaps it should include something about new/lapsed applicants?
  • Completed - tickets, refreshments, programmes, merchandise etc included - that's another £1000+ out of your huge wealth to cater for until you leave, Monsieur...per annum!

I know exactly what you mean as I am in similar situation though only 500 miles away. I therefore had to tick that I was not buying for personal circumstances and unlikely to buy one under new owners as that is the truth.

You are more than welcome to add your explanation in the comments bit.

I designed the survey, by the way - reality is that people in our situation are quite a small minority - but I do sympathise ;-)

Yeah, I did explain in the comments. Just thought it was worth highlighting here. Cheers @Weegie Addick
    cafcfan said:

As an overseas supporter, some of the questions didn't quite work for me -

Well, there's an indication that it's about renewing. So, maybe not for you?
    But perhaps it should include something about new/lapsed applicants?
    Fair point @cafcfan , but I wanted to add my voice to the survey because I wanted to demonstrate that there is support for the boycott from those who aren't able to realistically join in, that's all. :smile:
  • vff said:

PL54 said:

Why do you need to ask a thick headed question & post anything at all @PL54 ? (on a thread that you have nothing constructive to say)
  • edited April 2016
    Curb_It said:

kentred2 said:

Done. But come on Trust no more surveys just get behind the protests.

They are behind the protests and have been from the start of CARD.

And yet the Trust are still after discussions. Why!?

@fabionyc We requested a meeting with the owner. Club responded no but offered meeting with KM/RM. We are waiting for club to confirm a date

So important for club Miere goes on holiday!!!

Trust are making fools of themselves
  • What's the purpose of this survey - aren't you preaching to the converted?
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016

What's the purpose of this survey - aren't you preaching to the converted?

It will become clear. It is showing the level of support to a new owner. Indications of support from lapsed season ticket holders could prove helpful whilst placing pressure on Duchatelet. You never know maybe Katrien Meire has gone on holiday to take a look at investment / sale opportunities - offers ?
  • Survey completed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016

What's the purpose of this survey - aren't you preaching to the converted?

It is unlikely that the club will release renewal figures, so if we can reach as wide an audience as possible, this will provide a good indication of the situation.

In collecting the pledges to renew under new ownership, we can potentially use this data to encourage supporters back should that opportunity arise in future - very important in protecting CAFC for future generations.

Many, many thanks to those who have completed so far - please encourage your CAFC friends and family to do so.

• vff said:

PL54 said:

It was a question precious people and no less constructive or destructive than the single word "Done".
  • Will this do It ? After deadline for renewal date, go on the main site, go to buy season ticket, pick a stand, count seats unavailable, repeat process for each stand, add figures together
  • PL54 said:

vff said:

PL54 said:

It was a question precious people and no less constructive or destructive than the single word "Done".
    You should try joining in the football discussions, PL. For example, what was your opinion of Saturday's performance?
  • Will this do It ? After deadline for renewal date, go on the main site, go to buy season ticket, pick a stand, count seats unavailable, repeat process for each stand, add figures together

Thanks for volunteering! Look forward to hearing the results.

• Done
  • I don't get what's gain from this questionnaire?

Is it to say yes plenty of fans are fed up?

Sure show me a club that's being relegated that the fans aren't

Do you want people say I won't support Charlton till new owners are in?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't get what's gain from this questionnaire?

Is it to say yes plenty of fans are fed up?

Sure show me a club that's being relegated that the fans aren't

Do you want people say I won't support Charlton till new owners are in?

It is a survey so that we have more or less accurate figures re renewal or not and reasons why people are not renewing. A survey does not "want" you to say anything - by its nature, it is neutral data collection.

• Done the questionnaire then?

Would imagine it's a data gathering exercise.

If you read the questions, you'll understand what data is being gathered.

Personally, I found the questionnaire slightly limited because I pay for a group of season tickets and I can only answer it for me. As the other tickets are junior tickets, I won't go in from separate devices and answer for the kids.

I would have liked an ability to state how many juniors you were also going to buy, or not buy. I understand that this may have produced bad data though as some may have inflated this number.

Maybe the club should consider asking similar questions of the fans?

I'm senior management, I don't do, I tell people to do, as in do one for instance

I'm senior management, I don't do, I tell people to do, as in do one for instance
    Logging on from Dubai? There's dedication.
  • 'Do one, or do one, there is no not do one.'
  • Leaving aside the "other " issues I'm staggered that the pricing for next season took no account of which division we would be in.

In answer to your question, no. They will not release all the current season ticket holders seats for general sale for months so it won't, in reality, tell you anything. If you were to carry out the exercise, and I suspect you'd have to narrow it down to blocks and possibly the actual seat to find out if it's available, all you would be able to deduce is how many new season ticket holders they have and then only if you know exactly which seats were not season ticket holders for this season.

I think they will just make number of tickets sold 'undisclosed' unless they publish the numbers, blame CARD and point out which players will have to be sold to make up for the shortfall.

The truth is that this lot have no idea how to run a football club and absolutely no commercial sense so there is no telling what they will do. It is very difficult to predict what an idiot is going to do unless one is an idiot themselves.
  • I think they may release season ticket holders seats early to open purchases.

I think they tried this last year?

It's bollocks though, don't believe the hype.

Even if your seats were taken by a tool, you can get seats two seats away.
  • I thought they held them back last year and the year before. Thing is I will almost certainly renew all be it I will do so as late as possible but if they do sell my seat to someone else I will pay on a match by match basis and then I'm likely to miss lots of games.

I suspect that many other fans will be thinking the same as I am. I don't want to lose my seat but I don't want to buy a season ticket either. In the end the seat I've had for over 20 years is more important to me than teaching the club a lesson but I will not renew until I have an idea when the squad is going to look like. It is a big gamble for the club to sell my seat before July as they may never convince me to buy another season ticket if they do.