Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR v Charlton post-match views 2016

Comments

• uie2 said:

vff said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10236521/qpr-2-1-charlton

Some great saves from Pope. That first QPR goal is definitely offside. After the Cousins equaliser Charlton had a couple of excellent chances to go ahead, particularly Vetekele. Last minute goal in reverse adds salt onto the wound but a draw was not going to be enough. Going down.

Been very impressed with Callum since he returned from Colchester where he did very well, he could do very well in league one next season!!
    Will he sign a new contract if offered tho?
  • Well done Northampton, a new ground to visit

I took my son to the Northampton game today, being as we live locally and he's a 'casual' cobblers fan....the fans were on the pitch afterwards, celebrating their success. The downer for me was that this will be a local charlton away game for me next season.
    No 'if's, no 'but's.
  • edited April 2016
    Amos on the Wing said : Been very impressed with Callum since he returned from Colchester where he did very well, he could do very well in league one next season!!

Will he sign a new contract if offered tho?

Charlton have a one year option in their favour so I'd imagine they will take it up so either a) he stays and plays in League 1 or b) they will ensure themselves a fee
  • Scum up, Croydon geeks safe ,us down
    Wtf did I do in my previous life ffs

It would take a lot more than this to make me wish I supported either of those two.
  • Uboat said:

Well done Northampton, a new ground to visit

I took my son to the Northampton game today, being as we live locally and he's a 'casual' cobblers fan....the fans were on the pitch afterwards, celebrating their success. The downer for me was that this will be a local charlton away game for me next season.
    No 'if's, no 'but's.
    Another club with more personality than us .
    If we ever get promoted again , even if it is from the London and Kent Border League let us show some emotion and celebrate on our pitch
  • The Northampton fans are probably worried now that their going to get arrested,maybe go to prison,lose their mortgage and get a life ban for running on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate wishing my life away but I just want this goddam nightmeire of a season to finish. Usually hate the close season but I just need to get away from this football club now.

Give Glen Hoddle a shout. He may be able to help.
  • It is going to be a boring final day of the season - all three relegation spots will be well and truly filled by then....Gutted
  • Can't believe the run of results that have gone against us. After thrashing Rotherham I thought we might be able to do this but alas not to be ! Get these Wankers out and start over
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

cafctom said:

vff said:

Let's face it Vetokele has been pretty pony ever since those first dozen or so games for us , shame really he looked the part

Down to fitness and sharpness. Vetekele of the start of last season would have scored that. With a proper pre season, he may get back to the player he was. Not sure that will be with Charlton, though due to his wages, and the length of contract, I don't think that is included in the FFP rules regarding turnover / wages.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php
    http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
    The fitness excuse has been trotted out far too long for him. Fitness doesn't mean you can't trap a ball properly or put a ball past a keeper when you are one on one.

JBG has been carrying an injury all season but fans have been quick to jump on his back even though he has still actually produced, albeit a shade below last year.
    Its all opinion. I think that you have got to remember how serverely injured Vetekele was last year by him forcing him to play on an injury that has kept him out for the majority of the season. In his interview Vetekele said that he thought he may have been forced to give up football. Missing that chance is not good buy that's not what has relegated Charlton in any case. Last season there was only one decent striker and this season, there was no cover for Vetekele's absence. This desperate season forced Vetekele to come back earlier then he should and he broke down again. Last week, Vetekele had some rough tackles from Birmingham and I thought that would be the end of him.

Vetekele is a decent striker and I'll cut him some slack. It is Duchatelet's one decent striker thin last season, running Vetekele in to the ground and this season lack of quality in the squad that I hold responsible.

Excellent post by @Fanny Fanackapan as always by the way, says it all - I cannot wait for the future day that I read Duchatlet and Meire have left the club, with a decent owner and Charlton supporters can have some hope for the future again.
    Agree with everything here. There are so many aspects that can play on a players' mind, consciously and subconsciously. He has not, by the sounds of things, been able to play football with a clear head in the last 18 months. He has had to play through injuries, and at times may have been rushed back causing him to break down.

I remember thinking against Rotherham "he looks half a yard slow and a bit rusty" and he was damn near brilliant in that match. Achilles and groin injuries are difficult, they can reduce a bit of that explosiveness and they can also have a psychological effect.

It's nice to see good things being said about the team both on this thread and the player ratings thread. Too little too late and all that, but I do still take some pride in the fact that they gave it their all. I think I'd be a lot more hurt or let down if the ratings coming in were poor. But seeing how the likes of Fox and Harriott and Lookman and Cousins, all academy graduates, plus Pope who joined us young, getting good results and growing into solid first team players is very heartening. If there is an upside to going down a division it's that we may be able to add two or three to that list next year.
  • SDAddick said:

vff said:

cafctom said:

vff said:

Let's face it Vetokele has been pretty pony ever since those first dozen or so games for us , shame really he looked the part

Down to fitness and sharpness. Vetekele of the start of last season would have scored that. With a proper pre season, he may get back to the player he was. Not sure that will be with Charlton, though due to his wages, and the length of contract, I don't think that is included in the FFP rules regarding turnover / wages.

The fitness excuse has been trotted out far too long for him. Fitness doesn't mean you can't trap a ball properly or put a ball past a keeper when you are one on one.

JBG has been carrying an injury all season but fans have been quick to jump on his back even though he has still actually produced, albeit a shade below last year.
    Its all opinion. I think that you have got to remember how serverely injured Vetekele was last year by him forcing him to play on an injury that has kept him out for the majority of the season. In his interview Vetekele said that he thought he may have been forced to give up football. Missing that chance is not good buy that's not what has relegated Charlton in any case. Last season there was only one decent striker and this season, there was no cover for Vetekele's absence. This desperate season forced Vetekele to come back earlier then he should and he broke down again. Last week, Vetekele had some rough tackles from Birmingham and I thought that would be the end of him.

Vetekele is a decent striker and I'll cut him some slack. It is Duchatelet's one decent striker thin last season, running Vetekele in to the ground and this season lack of quality in the squad that I hold responsible.

Excellent post by @Fanny Fanackapan as always by the way, says it all - I cannot wait for the future day that I read Duchatlet and Meire have left the club, with a decent owner and Charlton supporters can have some hope for the future again.
    Agree with everything here. There are so many aspects that can play on a players' mind, consciously and subconsciously. He has not, by the sounds of things, been able to play football with a clear head in the last 18 months. He has had to play through injuries, and at times may have been rushed back causing him to break down.

Don't also forget that our wonderful owners tried to farm him off to Bolton on loan last season whilst he was still injured. I can only think that was Roland's influence as he doesn't like experienced players not playing and would rather get rid to our rivals instead-he probably didn't realise Igor had a serious injury keeping him out....
  • Still gutted (and hungover). We actually played well, the better team for sure but at this point in the season its points not performances that matter and the long and short of it is we simply haven't got enough to survive. Rotherham's run of form is completely unexpected but let's be honest, we haven't even caught MK Dons so we're absolutely nowhere near survival.

Thought Harriot and Cousins played well, Vetokele had some nice touches but looks very unfit.

The people booing Makienok as he comes on the pitch are utter morons by the way.
  • The stewards were just CUNTS of the absolute highest order. There were a couple of occassions where six or seven were grabbing a lad both of 15 and virtually punching them in the face. The stewards were the ones behaving like hoolagan not he fans. Fucking pigs.

On the bright side @oohaahmortimer our percentage of away following to home crowds is going to shoot up...you'll be in clover!! :wink:
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016

vff said:

cafctom said:

vff said:

If you're gonna hold Vetokele in such high esteem for the short period where he was mustard for us last season , i don't think you can ignore the contribution Tony Watt made to us last year he put in plenty of man of the match performances as we turned our season around under Luzon
    Yes he may be a head fuck but Tony Watt has been the better player of the two since he joined us imo
    What I am saying is that Vetekele shouldn't get written off as a decent striker. With the disappointment of relegation, Duchatelet is squarely to blame. Vetekele missing a chance yesterday is not the reason Charlton are facing relegation. I hope Vetekele will find his top form again, but it should be remembered how badly the injuries were managed at Charlton. Forcing him to play on an injury (due to the thinness of the squad) is evidence of the cluelessness and flawed approach at the heart of Duchatelet's strategy.

Tony Watt is a good player but needs a decent manager. He can be brilliant individually, scored an excellent goal running through on goal (forget against who), early on when he arrived. Watt needs to get his head straight to be consistent and that's where the main problem is. He is also a different type of player to Vetekele. For leading the line, I would choose Vetekele (at his best) where Tony Watt does not have the patience, when things are not going well, he tends to drop deep and try to take the whole of the opposition with mazy runs, that are never going to work.

Out of the two, for building a team around, I would choose Vetekele at his best against Tony Watt due to the psychological aspects of the player. Vetekele has lost some fitness and confidence but he can get that back. Tony Watt, psychologically needs deeper work, or the right manager, he has had plenty of those.

The common factor with both players is that they needed managers / head coaches who were able to pick quality players alongside them to complement their play but under Duchatelet that has never happened and the team has come up short and both players have suffered as a result.
  • Watching West Ham 3 Arsenal 3 this morning and remembering their location in future, I could not stop my mind from wandering towards watching Premiership football in future as a neutral. Problem is I cannot wipe out 60 years of Addicktion. Obviously Roland and his ridiculously appointed CEO are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, so for me next season is the last chance saloon. If I see us sliding towards League Two, then I'm out of here. My family and I, despite having excellent seats in the Upper North, are not renewing until August at which time we will make our choice from hundreds of available tickets.

If Roland chooses a proper CEO, and understands that we don't expect him to throw money at everything, but understands that he MUST appoint the correct British manager we will buy our tickets immediately. It is not rocket science, Rotherham made a simple decision to employ Neil Warnock and promptly got the right results. When they do their sums, they will be laughing long and loud. Roland's knowledge of football makes me feel like a genius, and that takes a lot of doing.
  • The stewards were just CUNTS of the absolute highest order. There were a couple of occassions where six or seven were grabbing a lad both of 15 and virtually punching them in the face. The stewards were the ones behaving like hoolagan not he fans. Fucking pigs.

Really? I gotta say, I also witnessed some pretty pig like behaviour from 'fans' who were obviously on day release. It works both ways I'm afraid.
  • We have been down for weeks - I have had my 'grieving period' and am out the other side.

Saddened by not being bothered about going to games. Haven't been since Jan after having a season ticket since 1991.

But the whole 'we are down after today' is silly - we have been gone for ages.

At least we can all concentrate on getting the vermin out the club together now as surely there are no optimists left now.

I have been resigned to our fate for weeks but was very angry and upset yesterday.