Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Professionalise CARD

Comments

• "Cambridge Colin" has a ring to it...
  • Genuinely offended about my sincerity. Next match I attend I will happily meet any of you. Agree on preofessiinal front - I have a business and family (5 kids) so not easy to attend as much as wanted in recent times. Will DM Card on Twitter. Request - when done that can CARD pls message this forum to stop the abuse. It is offensive and should not be wanted among us (although amusing in other situations - double standards I know).
  • Cambridge said:

Forgive if I've missed this, but can we get a proper full meeting for CARD and its supporters together to discuss ALL possibilities, and I mean All. I disagree with some but that doesn't mean they aren't valid. We all have different areas we can input from. I'm not rich but I do advise wealthy people and businesses on certain areas of finance. I'm concerned this is becoming a forum to ensure mutual destruction without the planning and forethought that we are ironically asking from CAFC. If we can do it better then let's do that. Let's get some sensible plans and advise the fans of our plans and how they will work / be better than the current regime.
    But I can't stress enough that nobody with CAFC at their heart should be ridiculed or abused. The end goal for al is the same. - a successful and vibrant Charlton, we just disagree on how to get there.

I'll meet you by the Hungry Horse at 7pm! I'll have a Carnation in my lapel, a black and white scarf, and I'll be carrying my trusty Filofax full of ideas.
  • Cambridge said:

Forgive if I've missed this, but can we get a proper full meeting for CARD and its supporters together to discuss ALL possibilities, and I mean All. I disagree with some but that doesn't mean they aren't valid. We all have different areas we can input from. I'm not rich but I do advise wealthy people and businesses on certain areas of finance. I'm concerned this is becoming a forum to ensure mutual destruction without the planning and forethought that we are ironically asking from CAFC. If we can do it better then let's do that. Let's get some sensible plans and advise the fans of our plans and how they will work / be better than the current regime.
    But I can't stress enough that nobody with CAFC at their heart should be ridiculed or abused. The end goal for al is the same. - a successful and vibrant Charlton, we just disagree on how to get there.

I'll meet you by the Hungry Horse at 7pm! I'll have a Carnation in my lapel, a black and white scarf, and I'll be carrying my trusty Filofax full of ideas.
    What about your hat?
  • Cambridge said:

Genuinely offended about my sincerity. Next match I attend I will happily meet any of you. Agree on preofessiinal front - I have a business and family (5 kids) so not easy to attend as much as wanted in recent times. Will DM Card on Twitter. Request - when done that can CARD pls message this forum to stop the abuse. It is offensive and should not be wanted among us (although amusing in other situations - double standards I know).

Fair do's.

Are you around before the Derby game?

I would be happy to meet.
  • edited April 2016

Cambridge said:

Genuinely offended about my sincerity. Next match I attend I will happily meet any of you. Agree on preofessiinal front - I have a business and family (5 kids) so not easy to attend as much as wanted in recent times. Will DM Card on Twitter. Request - when done that can CARD pls message this forum to stop the abuse. It is offensive and should not be wanted among us (although amusing in other situations - double standards I know).

Fair do's.

• Sponsored links:

• Have DM'd on Twitter and will be meeting before Derby match (kids willing).
  • Cambridge said:

Fair do's.

Take Large Addick with you for back up :wink: .
  • How about professionalising the running of Charlton Athletic Football Club instead?

Absoloutely.

Although a lot of amatuer outfits are better run
  • Cambridge said:

But I don't think I'm making myself very clear. Goal 1 - hurt RD financially. Stage 5 he wants / has to sell. I worried we hurt the club so much he either isn't bothered about selling to regain £1. Or nobody wants us as a football club. Or he sells the ground as that's his best way out. So I agree with stage 5, but worried stages 2 - 3 mean no more Charlton! If we are right and we struggle next season the risk is pretty high or what none of us want. I think we should reassess that risk, and maybe act differently as a result. We have to ensure he has enough to want to sell and enough for a new buyer to want the club. I liked the idea of signing agreement on purchase of season tickets for example. That sort of idea works very well for a new owner.

There have been numerous posts on what form of boycotting would be most effective. What I highlighted above I may have missed to be honest but it is a good idea. I have floated my own ideas regarding boycotting on here and directly to CAST but without much response. Roland will give up eventually but only if there is a committed boycott. Delaying paying is feeble and the minimal action of the faint hearted (sorry).
  • I would like some of what you are smoking Cambridge!
  • http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2369160/#Comment_2369160

Can't the club even set up a new account for this stuff?

Don't forget this classic from Cambridge further down the linked thread: "And the argument when the ground were chanting for Curbishley out?"

That's what you get from researching the past or relying on the media version of events rather than being there.

God. I was at most home games throughout Curbishley's time and must have missed those chants. I need to sharpen up my act and listen harder.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    imageNice Picture of Katrien after she spotted a fan being allowed within 50 metres of her match-day enclave
  • Another poster coming out of nowhere talking about "mutually assured destruction". A more conspiracy minded person would think these were threats coming from the upper management at the valley...
  • mogodon said:

imageNice Picture of Katrien after she spotted a fan being allowed within 50 metres of her match-day enclave

It is her reaction to the withdrawal of sponsorship of Andrews Air Conditioning.
  • You don't see those bozos down the front of the directors seats these days..
  • No guesses what RM is about to say.....
  • edited April 2016

No guesses what RM is about to say.....

Ffffff....ade away, I don't dig what they all say (sic)? :wink:
  • Not sure if Cambridge is 'real' or not but giving him the benefit of the doubt, he has a view, some or all of us may not like it or share it but he has his view and that doesn't make him any less of a Charlton 'customer' than anyone else, much the same as those who renew their season ticket or don't renew, doesn't make one side more a fan than the other. We need to as much as possible stick together regardless of some differences.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, whether that's CARD, CAST, CAFC or whomever.

One of C's posts said he doesn't see the protests as achieving what CARD want. You could argue that is correct as neither a change of direction nor a change of owner has happened to any meaningful extent, but then I don't think realistically that was expected at this stage of the proceedings.

By the nature of CARD an open meeting would be difficult as a large part of the actions are 'surprise' tactics so discussing in a room of 500 people or whatever would be self defeating.

I'd like to understand next steps 'if' by the start of next season things remain the same but appreciate, for reasons above, that can't be published although I am sure they are being considered.

For instance, if RD digs his heels in, season ticket sales (and general gate receipts) are low what will he do, I suspect he will simply cut the budgets further and CAFC will have a much lower operating budget to work under and we will see an even worse season next year in league one, if indeed that is possible. Thats one of my concerns, we are doing what we are doing to force change and/or change of ownership, however if that isn't the result then...........
  • sarge1g said:

Come on guys lets not start fighting among ourselves, that is exactly what the club are hoping will happen. As I have posted on here before, EVERY opposition fan I have spoken to whilst handing out various items as part of the protest have not only been supportive of what we are doing but have been more than impressed by the professionalism being shown in what we are trying to do and the way we are going about it. I for one am proud of our actions and think all the ideas so far have been good and show imagination the only downside being that all the positive energy could be working FOR the club if only they would talk to us and listen to ideas but by doing nothing we would only be speeding up the possible death of the club.

But the point is that it isn't fighting among ourselves is it? If it was I would completely agree with you.

Just about anybody on here with a contrary view to CARD has received civil responses if they put forward honest views and are genuine fans.

The problem is when there is a pathetic and dishonest campaign, presumably by the club to undermine the very professional campaign by CARD. If we could prove this, the media would have a field day i am sure.

Now if only we could get the 'work together" message to the few fans who hate the regime but bizarrely seem to be focused on attacking CL and CARD for some reason.