Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Professionalise CARD

Forgive if I've missed this, but can we get a proper full meeting for CARD and its supporters together to discuss ALL possibilities, and I mean All. I disagree with some but that doesn't mean they aren't valid. We all have different areas we can input from. I'm not rich but I do advise wealthy people and businesses on certain areas of finance. I'm concerned this is becoming a forum to ensure mutual destruction without the planning and forethought that we are ironically asking from CAFC. If we can do it better then let's do that. Let's get some sensible plans and advise the fans of our plans and how they will work / be better than the current regime.
But I can't stress enough that nobody with CAFC at their heart should be ridiculed or abused. The end goal for al is the same. - a successful and vibrant Charlton, we just disagree on how to get there.

Comments

• Seems like you have something very specific troubling you but you're not saying what it is
  • Absolutely embarrassing.
  • Cambridge said:

Forgive if I've missed this, but can we get a proper full meeting for CARD and its supporters together to discuss ALL possibilities, and I mean All. I disagree with some but that doesn't mean they aren't valid. We all have different areas we can input from. I'm not rich but I do advise wealthy people and businesses on certain areas of finance. I'm concerned this is becoming a forum to ensure mutual destruction without the planning and forethought that we are ironically asking from CAFC. If we can do it better then let's do that. Let's get some sensible plans and advise the fans of our plans and how they will work / be better than the current regime.
    But I can't stress enough that nobody with CAFC at their heart should be ridiculed or abused. The end goal for al is the same. - a successful and vibrant Charlton, we just disagree on how to get there.

Who is Al?
  • Cambridge said:

Who is Al?
    Who knows, but the end goal for him is the same...
  • Embarrassing, tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Seth, I accept that. So let's get together and make sure we don't. Worked in the 80's more than once! So why so much resistance to my suggestion? Wonder if those accusing me of being "in" with the club are protesting too much? I want proper debate and a solution. Too much to ask apparently.
  • Cambridge said:

Disappointed but expected. This is why you won't get what you want (in my opinion). And for those who think I'm not around - over 50 grounds in the UK visited watching Charlton since '86 after my first game at Barnsley. I couldn't love us any more. But I don't see what you're doing as achieving the goal you say you want. Hence let's get a meeting arranged. But those who just say "F off" will forever hold you back. You need a plan, and end goal, that doesn't risk losing the club forever. Best of luck. I mean that.

Katrien, don't you have old belgian balls to be sucking?
    She is ready for them.
    Richard already looks like he's been there
  • Cambridge said:

Disappointed but expected. This is why you won't get what you want (in my opinion). And for those who think I'm not around - over 50 grounds in the UK visited watching Charlton since '86 after my first game at Barnsley. I couldn't love us any more. But I don't see what you're doing as achieving the goal you say you want. Hence let's get a meeting arranged. But those who just say "F off" will forever hold you back. You need a plan, and end goal, that doesn't risk losing the club forever. Best of luck. I mean that.

Katrien, don't you have old belgian balls to be sucking?
    She is ready for them.
    Richard already looks like he's been there
    Would explain his recent behaviour!
  • Fair enough. As said I wish luck and agree with end goal. If I can help I will. But it's funny with as many Probs as there are in my life right now I'm sitting here stressing about my club. Life without charlton? I scattered my fathers ashes at the Valley! Unimaginable...
  • stonemuse said:

Cambridge said:

Seth, I accept that. So let's get together and make sure we don't. Worked in the 80's more than once! So why so much resistance to my suggestion? Wonder if those accusing me of being "in" with the club are protesting too much? I want proper debate and a solution. Too much to ask apparently.

CARD are progressing quite nicely without a formal meeting and ... for now ... we should keep it that way.

And before you ask, no, I am not in the core group so not aware of what is going on until they make their announcements.

Open meetings mean club infiltrators ... forget it, we have enough of those on here.
    Absolutely agree with this.

If anyone has bright ideas (which leaves me off the hook), they should contact individual members of CARD and let them consider them, at this stage.

They have already proven resourceful enough to run with this on our behalf.

Public meetings would be a waste of time and resources at this stage.

Anyway, I see only two possibilities, either RD goes or he stays. If the latter, as I do not think he is capable of real change, the club is doomed.
  • edited April 2016
    Dont think it helps that you've only been around since November and most (all but one) of your comments have been on CARD threads.

With all the protests going on, people have to be careful on here about what they put as there are people who work for the club who do post on here (likes of Olly) so it wouldnt be difficult for an aide of Katrien to become a mole on here, especially with the recent police involvement and this particular thread isn't restricted to members only so you don't even have to be a member on the forum to read it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cambridge said:

You are either a WUM or a Club employee and have an agenda. There are meetings held regularly just that you are not invited and not likely to be based on this and previous posts. A poor attempt, must try better.
  • There's a lot of paranoid people around here
  • I understand the November comment. I'm trying not to get too involved for personal and business reasons. But at the same time I thought my comments may be useful. Slightly fed up of the abuse I've received in other arenas as well to be honest. All cryptic I know and I apologise. Trying to help. Genuine fan. But do think we need to look at risks as well as rewards. My first post was to give RD time this season. I'm not too big to admit I got that wrong. I did. Just don't want us fans to get it wrong now. I haven't got answers, not sure any of us do. Hence more heads would be better. Will try to be more involved and will contact CARD direct to offer services, if only a sounding board. Keep going guys. I know you love the club too. Don't want the protests to stop. Will post more!
  • Cambridge said:

I understand the November comment. I'm trying not to get too involved for personal and business reasons. But at the same time I thought my comments may be useful. Slightly fed up of the abuse I've received in other arenas as well to be honest. All cryptic I know and I apologise. Trying to help. Genuine fan. But do think we need to look at risks as well as rewards. My first post was to give RD time this season. I'm not too big to admit I got that wrong. I did. Just don't want us fans to get it wrong now. I haven't got answers, not sure any of us do. Hence more heads would be better. Will try to be more involved and will contact CARD direct to offer services, if only a sounding board. Keep going guys. I know you love the club too. Don't want the protests to stop. Will post more!

The answer is simple: it is new owners. That is all I see CARD's aim as. What happens after that is for the new owners to decide.
  • But I don't think I'm making myself very clear. Goal 1 - hurt RD financially. Stage 5 he wants / has to sell. I worried we hurt the club so much he either isn't bothered about selling to regain £1. Or nobody wants us as a football club. Or he sells the ground as that's his best way out. So I agree with stage 5, but worried stages 2 - 3 mean no more Charlton! If we are right and we struggle next season the risk is pretty high or what none of us want. I think we should reassess that risk, and maybe act differently as a result. We have to ensure he has enough to want to sell and enough for a new buyer to want the club. I liked the idea of signing agreement on purchase of season tickets for example. That sort of idea works very well for a new owner.
  • kentred2 said:

Cambridge said:

I understand the November comment. I'm trying not to get too involved for personal and business reasons. But at the same time I thought my comments may be useful. Slightly fed up of the abuse I've received in other arenas as well to be honest. All cryptic I know and I apologise. Trying to help. Genuine fan. But do think we need to look at risks as well as rewards. My first post was to give RD time this season. I'm not too big to admit I got that wrong. I did. Just don't want us fans to get it wrong now. I haven't got answers, not sure any of us do. Hence more heads would be better. Will try to be more involved and will contact CARD direct to offer services, if only a sounding board. Keep going guys. I know you love the club too. Don't want the protests to stop. Will post more!

The answer is simple: it is new owners. That is all I see CARD's aim as. What happens after that is for the new owners to decide.
    Is it ?

"An immediate objective for the group, which is working on a series of short and medium-term actions to impact on the club, is to force significant changes in its senior management. "

• Cambridge said:

Can't wait.