Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next season and Riga

Comments

• Cambridge said:

Anyone even remotely thinking that as good as the protests are, as much as I support them, as much as I want Roland out, that we could destroy the club? Your own comments have us at 5k supporters, relegated to League 2, an owner that can at that point either lose money by selling the club as a going concern (at what £5m) or sell the assets (players) and sell the ground at make a lot more. Business-wise there is the "hope economics" that he will just lose money and sell-up, but at what point are the assets worth more than the going concern? It's not that far away!!! So my support is total, but should there not be a point at which AFC Charlton is realistic - a scary thought, as playing away from the Valley again. Food for thought...

No. The only person that will destroy the club, if that is the outcome is a Belgian "visionary". What the protests are attempting is to save the club. It is Duchatelet's deluded experiment that is likely to lead to the outcome where everything could go tits up.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Smithy said:

Remember a few weeks ago Riga was just a puppet for not starting Lookman. A few wins doesn't change that.

Well seeing that Lookman has played a game and a half in a week you could say that its all a Conspiracy theory about him being left on the bench for transfer reasons etc.
    True, but knowing Roland he's only just realised that there's a slight possibility we could go down if we don't play our best players. It also conveniently coincided with Reza's injury.
  • One of our biggest issues over the last two years or so has been stability.

Every six months we've had a different Manager and its probably been one of the biggest issues (i.e. Its proven that the right Manager can get any player regardless of their skill and ability to work for them).

Its because of that, that I hope we keep Riga...

If we go through another 2/3 Managers next season or for a few years then League Two really could beckon
  • edited April 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oakster said:

If Riga is allowed to sign players and is given a full season in charge, will we be competitive in league 1? Without researching into this, I reckon his points per game ratio is quite high

I like the guy and hope he is given a chance if Roland sells.

16 points so far out of a possible 42

39 You really can't attribute that first game to Riga, he wasn't even on the touchline for it.
    The record books will show you can and IIRC he was on the touch line at Hull unless I need to go to Specsavers :wink:
    I seem to remember he wasn't in charge for it was he? DM and JE were!? I am very wrong.
    I think you might be getting his appointment mixed up with that of Luzon mate who had the work permit delay and had to sit in the stand at Watford which was also a heavy reverse 0-5. @Dazzler21 Wait until you get to my age it's not what happened months / years ago, it's where I left my glasses 10 minutes ago :wink: .
  • I'll be amazed if Roland sacks Riga. He was brought in to stave of fans' anger when it emerged that the Serb was being parachuted in. There is no real hostility towards Riga, whereas there would be if he brought in another of his stooges. He doesn't know how to do anything else.
  • Cambridge said:

Anyone even remotely thinking that as good as the protests are, as much as I support them, as much as I want Roland out, that we could destroy the club? Your own comments have us at 5k supporters, relegated to League 2, an owner that can at that point either lose money by selling the club as a going concern (at what £5m) or sell the assets (players) and sell the ground at make a lot more. Business-wise there is the "hope economics" that he will just lose money and sell-up, but at what point are the assets worth more than the going concern? It's not that far away!!! So my support is total, but should there not be a point at which AFC Charlton is realistic - a scary thought, as playing away from the Valley again. Food for thought...

Not scary at all ... a future with RD or a future as AFC Charlton. I'll go for the second option thanks.
  • edited April 2016

Nicholas said:

Riga won't be allowed to do anything. He is Roland's bitch and always will be.

Haha,who's flagged this? - pathetic.

That's exactly what Riga and any other manager under Roly is / will be.
    Cheers for the flag Nick made my afternoon - still pathetic though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oakster said:

If Riga is allowed to sign players and is given a full season in charge, will we be competitive in league 1? Without researching into this, I reckon his points per game ratio is quite high

39 You really can't attribute that first game to Riga, he wasn't even on the touchline for it.

His ppg is either :
    16/39 - 1.230 = over a season it could be 56/57
    16/42 - 1.142 = over a season it could be 52

Fraeye was 0.769 or over a season it could have been 35/36 points.
    Luzon was 0.769 or over a season it could have been 35/36 points.

Powell's last year in charge was 0.9 points per game or 41/42 points a season.

Why are you showing me the stats Dazzler? Because the stats make the Facts.
    He was in charge at Hull. The club even tweeted a picture of him n the dressing room before the game.

16 points from 42. Jose Riga baby. The mediocre but acceptable face of the network.

To be fair to Jose he did have to clear up a lot of the Interim One's shit when he came back - don't underestimate how traumatised the squad would have been after that nightmare spell and how long it's taken to get them back to something vaguely resembling a coherent and adequate unit.
    The injection of several key new players with a heck of a lot more experience than Fraeye's ragtag bunch of kids and Vaz Te helped.

Comparisons of Riga's performance to Fraeye's are not on a level playing field.
  • Been said before. Peter Varney and Chris Powell as manager, HE knows what players are right for Charlton, and the right players to get out of league 1. Otherwise could be a slippery slope.....................................................

Or option 2, keep Jose Riga and back the bloke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ffs!
  • edited April 2016

Nicholas said:

My flag was an attempt at humour. I didn't flag you @ricky_otto the first time.

I never flag people, other than posters who read The Guardian

• Nicholas said:

I don't read the bloody guardian!
  • Nicholas said:

I read the Guardian. And the Observer.

Flag away.
  • Nicholas said:

I don't believe you. Flagged
  • Nicholas said:

I don't believe you. Flagged
    Thanks love.
  • This is just childish.
  • This is just childish.

What do you expect from him?
  • edited April 2016

This is just childish.

I know you are but what am I

But in all seriousness Ricky, you're normally one of the more relaxed posters on here. Why would someone taking themselves too seriously and flagging you bother you so much?
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's all be friends
  • edited April 2016
    Seriously red more like seriously knob head. flag that you helmet lol
  • Oakster said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oakster said:

His ppg is either :

He was in charge at Hull. The club even tweeted a picture of him n the dressing room before the game.

16 points from 42. Jose Riga baby. The mediocre but acceptable face of the network.

To be fair to Jose he did have to clear up a lot of the Interim One's shit when he came back - don't underestimate how traumatised the squad would have been after that nightmare spell and how long it's taken to get them back to something vaguely resembling a coherent and adequate unit.
    Lol
    So every manager ever should have their records rewritten based on what was going on at the club when they joined? Oh dear.
  • Oakster said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oakster said:

His ppg is either :

Lol
    So every manager ever should have their records rewritten based on what was going on at the club when they joined? Oh dear.
    It is Roland that makes decisions based on just raw data. Statistics need to be put into context before drawing conclusions or one may make some huge and costly mistakes. Polish Pete is a good example.
  • Riga might have a say but I believe our recruitment for next season will be based around British players identified by a head scout / Director of football. I don't think we will see very much foreign recruitment at all. The previous model didn't work in the championship and sure as hell won't work in division one. I think even Roly has Sussed this. Most of our overseas imports will be sold where possible, loaned or in a few exceptions retained but not many.

I still don't see RD wanting to pay the going rate for even division one players. We'll get a few journeymen. Punts and rely on youth.

I can't see a relegation scrap but season of mid table mediocrity.
  • I'll be amazed if Roland sacks Riga. He was brought in to stave of fans' anger when it emerged that the Serb was being parachuted in. There is no real hostility towards Riga, whereas there would be if he brought in another of his stooges. He doesn't know how to do anything else.

Nothing Duchatalet does amazes me. Wealth and ego is a potent combination, one that results in the craziness of thinking you always know best.
  • edited April 2016

I'll be amazed if Roland sacks Riga. He was brought in to stave of fans' anger when it emerged that the Serb was being parachuted in. There is no real hostility towards Riga, whereas there would be if he brought in another of his stooges. He doesn't know how to do anything else.

Roland won't let the fans determine who he bring in. He was going to appoint the Upjest manager until it was made clear to him that he'd have serious problems within the club if he did so. I don't think for a second he was listening to fans, he did it because people he has put in positions of power told him it'd be a step too far, for them and for the fans.
  • Rob62 said:

I'll be amazed if Roland sacks Riga. He was brought in to stave of fans' anger when it emerged that the Serb was being parachuted in. There is no real hostility towards Riga, whereas there would be if he brought in another of his stooges. He doesn't know how to do anything else.

Roland won't let the fans determine who he bring in. He was going to appoint the Upjest manager until it was made clear to him that he'd have serious problems within the club if he did so. I don't think for a second he was listening to fans, he did it because people he has put in positions of power told him it'd be a step too far, for them and for the fans.
    I suspect that as he has now in effect declared war of fans, he no longer has to pretend to give a flying one about upsetting anyone. So if Riga jumps or is pushed, odds are we will get the Upjest manager and sod any serious problems. After all, who is there is a position of power that has a clue about the club (or, as with Murray, could care less any more).
  • This is just childish.

I know you are but what am I

But in all seriousness Ricky, you're normally one of the more relaxed posters on here. Why would someone taking themselves too seriously and flagging you bother you so much?
    I must admit, I thought you and seriously red were the same person........