Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Letter to the club, challenging them to respond to CARD's argument as to why we shouldn't renew.

124»

Comments

• I can't decide whether or not they actually believe this crap.
  • Thankyou for your quick response.

I sent my polite e-mail with genuine questions that I would have liked the club to have taken seriously before I made my decision about renewing. As you see it fit to send me a generic response, without answering the questions that I asked, using a copy and paste model (I have seen an almost completely identical response from you to another Charlton fan) I, regretfully, don't feel that I will be able to renew.

I believe that whilst the club are neglecting their duty to communicate honestly with their fanbase (one scripted message from Roland Duchâtelet, not an interview as you wrongly suggested, does not suffice) they will continue to lose more fans. You completely ignored my request for an update on strategy (we were told in November that the each appointment had been "proven correct" as the club "always improved their ranking and results [under the ownership of Duchâtelet]" which is now completely incorrect) and until I am clear on the direction of the club I am no longer willing to financially support it.

David Jarvis.
  • At least you got an answer (even though it was a load of old flannel). I'm still waiting for a reply two weeks later!
  • I can't decide whether or not they actually believe this crap.

Unfortunately they do ...they still believe they have done nothing wrong.
  • stonemuse said:

I can't decide whether or not they actually believe this crap.

Unfortunately they do ...they still believe they have done nothing wrong.
    That was very evident in claiming to the MPs that the club was very well run.
  • If their idea of building bridges is to attempt to tar peaceful protestors with an isolated incident months ago and issue veiled threats via the Met then I'd hate to see what they do when they turn on their own! What next? Genocide?

When will they understand? For a sizable majority there is no way back. They have burnt the bridges they claim to want to mend to the ground.

If one of them is reading this, the only words I am interested in hearing are "we've found a buyer and will look to conclude the deal as soon as possible".

Exactly.

The club want to "work hard " to build bridges with fans, but also feel more than happy to put out insulting statements that show a complete lack of respect for them.

CAFC - you cannot have it both ways.

That "rant" was the point of no return for you and did untold damage, in my opinion. The statement with the Met that then followed was just more fuel to an already enraging fire.

Perhaps, rather than just repeating a load of hollow waffle, you might like to try making a full and public apology. But the problem you now have is that nobody will believe there is any sincerety behind it. I honestly cannot see any way back for you.